ReefCleaners.org

CruiZe's 40b peninsula - Survived the move- mostly

cruiZe

newclownsaug.jpgnewclownsaug2012.jpg

New Clowns !! Got them today from a local guy for $20 !! 4 months old, about 1 inch. The big one has full bars, but the little guy has 1/2 a middle bar on one side, and none on the other ! I think he looks so cool.

short video of them ;

th_NewClownsvideo.jpg

IMG_8374.jpg

big frogspawn from above.

IMG_8379.jpg

small ' spawn of frogspawn' s

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no ! The clown with the full stripes went carpet surfing today while I was at work. :(

At least the cool mis-bar one is ok. Guess I need to get the cover back out... and a new clown.

Bummers. Didn't know clowns were jumpers. Just got a screen top for my tank.

Yeah like they say, any fish can be a jumper if it wants to. I have an egg crate screen that i used when we had the firefish- that freak would try to jump all the time. I put the egg crate back on. Also yesterday we got a new clown from the same local breeder guy, from the same batch ! Looks just like the one who died.

• 3 years later...

It's been a while !! The clowns are doing great- Mumma is FAT and eats everything...

Check out the YWG on the left and who sees the coral banded shrimp?

Tongue coral has really grown.

gallery_45639_5_302406.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that tongue! I love the clowns. What is that bottom right?

Thanks! Yes, the tongue is ridiculous- ill get some better pics of it soon.. Behind the male clownfish is a small frag of my frogspawn that broke off the main colony

I traded in one of my smaller frogspawn colonies toward this Acan Lord at the LFS this weekend. Looks like it's happy, it was really puffy last night :) I wonder if feeding it will effect the color?

Acan%20Lord_2.jpg

I also picked up 2 Zebra and 1 Blue Leg Hermit - one of them learned a lesson real quick when he crawled in "the cave" ... it sounded like Baghdad - the Pistol shrimp was trying hard to kill the hermit and finally pushed him out the door and the crab crawled up the rocks for his life -lol.

YWG.jpg

Watchman just keeping lookout while the Pistol took care of the home invader...

Here is a FTS of the left side from yesterday. Yes, my frogspawn is as big as a football, I've had it 6 years! It's cool to think that I bought it as 4 heads originally. This weekend traded in what was a "small piece" that broke off that became a 20 head colony of its own.

Left%20side%20FTS%20Jan%202016.jpg

I think I need to re-scape a bit, the main frogspawn is so big that it touches the water surface - and sticks out considerably when the pump is off. I noticed a frag that I put in the sand had grown much longer branches, where as the main one is very stumpy - probably because it can't grow UP anymore!

Thanks everyone! It's nice to be active on the forum again. First week of January we went on a cruise and among other things, went diving on Champagne Reef in Dominica. Not much like "swimming in your fish tank" Here are a couple pics champagne%20reef%20dominica.jpg

Check out all of these nems ! There must've been 50.

nems.jpg

What are these? I really wanted to bring one home.

nem%20close.jpg

Tonight I just flipped on the lights and caught someone creepin!coral%20banded.jpg

Check out my new Yellow Cucumber - just over 1" long- seems to like getting blasted by the MP-10, he's moved about 4" from where I initially parked him on Sunday. My wife says we should name him Ichabod.

Yellow%20Cucumber_1.jpg

Tongue from above

tongue%20top%20down.jpg?t=1454248522

close up

tongue%20close.jpg?t=1454248524

Tongue eating! This was frozen shrimp, anything that lands on the sides or even edge it will bring to the center mouths

tongue%20eating.jpg?t=1454248524

My BIG frogspawn from the side

too%20much%20frog.jpg?t=1454248524

I just caught asterina starfish on my tongue coral! One ate a hole in it , the tongue was fighting back and swallowing another one. Come on! They usually stay off it.

hole%20in%20tongue%20coral.jpg

Edit >> the wound was sealed within 2-3 days. Now a week later it has a scar, I noticed other similar looking marks- I guess this happens!

Usually tough to get a picture of the Tiger Pistol out of the cave, here is a quick one.

ywg%20and%20tiger.jpg

So far so good with the Yellow Cucumber, it's been about 10 days. Usually arms are out, sometimes he is closed up for a few hours. This shot is dead on from the end of tank...

yellow%20cuc.jpg

Cruize can you please show how you did your filtration?

overflow to sump and then return?

Sure ! My tank is in the basement. Perpendicular to the wall. Under the stairs I have the "fish room" 1 1/2" PVC goes thru the wall to drain into the 29g sump. Then I have " S " Skimmer chamber, 13 gallon fuge area, " F " filter floss area, bubble trap then return pump " R " that's 3/4" PVC to Loc Line in the tank..

This little drawing should make the photo of sump on my page 1 a little more clear.

setup.jpg

Acan seems to be doing well - very hungry

Acan%20close.jpg

New Brittle Star ! It's about 6"

Brittle%20Star.jpg

Now for some excitement - picked up a 2 1/2" RBTA - It slid itself behind a rock, it's getting some light, but not a lot. Only visible from directly overhead (annoying) In the pic the Turbo snail is trying squeeze behind it. It did accept pellet food each time. Is it ok to feed it a little every day?

RBTA.jpg

Very nice pics. I love pistol shrimp and goby pairs. The tongue coral still amazes me.

Thanks!! It has so many mouths now - maybe 30 down the middle. I could keep growing it until its 2 feet long... or maybe someday I'll get the nerve to frag it (i've read it can be tough) It DID heal very fast from the star eating it's flesh away, maybe it'd be ok.

Archived