ReefCleaners.org

Keydivers 29 biocube

keydiver

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wanna sell me some xenia lol before you get rid of it

I would sell it all on here, but I'm pretty sure they are bad shippers. They excrete a goo of some sort and just kill themselves in the small amount of water in a shipping bag.

• 2 weeks later...
drunkenmonk21

You ever have any trouble with shrimp fights in the tank with all those different kinds of shrimp?

Im wanting to get some sexy's, but dont want my skunk or peps to eat them O_O

You ever have any trouble with shrimp fights in the tank with all those different kinds of shrimp?

Im wanting to get some sexy's, but dont want my skunk or peps to eat them O_O

Yeah I know it's a lot of different types of shrimp, but they keep to themselves for the most part. I caught the majority of them, and I haven't had any aggression related deaths thus far, even though a have a golden coral banded, a coral banded. a fire shrimp, alpheus armatus, a couple elusive sexy shrimp and a nem shrimp,

I don;t think pepps or skunk cleaners would be a problem w sexys. For some reason, everything stays away form them. I think it may be their coloration or the way they move. Anyways skunks and pepps are very similar, both belonging to lysmata, the cleaner shrimp, and neither are very aggressive.

• 2 weeks later...

I'v ebeen letting this tank run auto-pilot lately., aside from WC's and filter floss. I need to get a phosban reactor, and recently I cleaned out a decent amount of xenia. everything is getting great growth, although my purple monti and sunset monti have lost a bit of color :angry:

Here's a couple quick shots with my boog camera....i'll be borrowing my friends t2i later this week.

pepp shrimp stealing my ric's food

reeftankupdate029.jpg

fire shrimp (dubbed scarlet by my mom :mellow: )

reeftankupdate027.jpg

nem shrimp- in his fave ric

reeftankupdate025.jpg

the gang (i'm adding one to their crew soon, when I find the right fish)

reeftankupdate023.jpg

my pink monti that started off as a tiny little frag

reeftankupdate012.jpg

zoas- all were eagle eyes, but some morphed to that weird color...any ideas why?

reeftankupdate013.jpg

enjoy! FTS when I get the t2i.....in other news... I got my crocea clam one year ago today! Cheers to good health!

quick questions for you since i see you have allot of xenia lol , do they still pulsate allot, i remember when i first got my xenia frag they would open and close non stop but after it strated growing and spreading ive noticed that they pulsate allot less and very slowly.

quick questions for you since i see you have allot of xenia lol , do they still pulsate allot, i remember when i first got my xenia frag they would open and close non stop but after it strated growing and spreading ive noticed that they pulsate allot less and very slowly.

They still pulse a lot, but not nearly as much. I think it has to do with the flow. If they were in stagnant water, they would be pulsing like crazy, but with my mp-10, they get more than enough flow

ohh good point. i hadn't thought about that ,and now that i think about it i began to notice the less pulsation after i added my mp10 as well lol

Yeah, I read an article about it. There is some controversy as to why they pulse. Some say it is to keep oxygen around themselves so they can respire, others say it is to expel nitrogen, which even others say they can effectively be used as filtration.

• 6 months later...

I haven't updated this tank in forever so I thought it'd be a good idea. YES this tank is still alive, it's hard to believe after it going off the grid for months, but it has been flourishing all the while. I removed a ton of xenia, added several sps and other corals. I'll let pics do the talking. Enjoy!

reefupdates080.jpg

reefupdates111.jpg

reefupdates094.jpg

reefupdates092.jpg

reefupdates091.jpg

reefupdates090.jpg

reefupdates089.jpg

reefupdates084.jpg

reefupdates086.jpg

reefupdates085.jpg

reefupdates159.jpg

reefupdates154.jpg

reefupdates153.jpg

reefupdates152.jpg

reefupdates148.jpg

reefupdates146.jpg

reefupdates140.jpg

reefupdates130.jpg

reefupdates117.jpg

reefupdates116.jpg

reefupdates115.jpg

Commentz!

Wow, the tank looks amazing! I love the pink birdnest in the front! :wub:

Thanks yoshi! this is what it started out as. I love watching this thing grow.

sps006.jpg

looking for some nuke greens and purple deaths for that bottom left piece of rockwork where my magicians are. It will become my zoa garden. I finally got my pesky pistol shrimp alpheus armatus out of his hole under that rock so now I can put corals there without the fear of them being taken into his lair. He has been banished to the macro tank.

I want to get two drews dosers for automated two part dosing, but i'm not sure how I would be able to do it with this current system. I'm seriously looking into upgrading to a rimless 40-50g with vortechs, drews dosers, RKE, and AI sols or something similar. I want to have a nice compact setup when I go to college that will be less maintenance, so I'd figure invest in automated stuff rather than doing it all myself and just leave pruning and WC's up to me.

I want to get two drews dosers for automated two part dosing, but i'm not sure how I would be able to do it with this current system. I'm seriously looking into upgrading to a rimless 40-50g with vortechs, drews dosers, RKE, and AI sols or something similar. I want to have a nice compact setup when I go to college that will be less maintenance, so I'd figure invest in automated stuff rather than doing it all myself and just leave pruning and WC's up to me.

Just my opinion, but go apex. Tank looks great!

Which lfs do you go to?

A few different ones. House of fins, exotic aquariums on bird road, and VIP reefs near Kendall. Those are IMO the best ones in town. House of Fins is on the lower end, they have really high prices and not that great of stuff,so usually I just go deal hunting in there.

Very pretty tank. I'm thinking (new set up) that the xinea is pretty, but seems to grow like crazy. Maybe something I should avoid? Post if you get the Apex. I started reading a user manual and my mind just sort of glazed over. Maybe down the road. Your tank looks very good!

Jacob042426
A few different ones. House of fins, exotic aquariums on bird road, and VIP reefs near Kendall. Those are IMO the best ones in town. House of Fins is on the lower end, they have really high prices and not that great of stuff,so usually I just go deal hunting in there.

Do you ever go to stictly fish? I got my rock from there and is great, but I ran in and out so I didnt see tje other stuff. My friend always tells me that they have the best pri es.

Very pretty tank. I'm thinking (new set up) that the xinea is pretty, but seems to grow like crazy. Maybe something I should avoid? Post if you get the Apex. I started reading a user manual and my mind just sort of glazed over. Maybe down the road. Your tank looks very good!

Thanks much! I like the xenia, I try to keep it contained to the back wall though, now that my tank has a lot more slower growing stuff. If you do get some, just make sure you put it in a place that would be easily removed (ie. not on a base rock)

Do you ever go to stictly fish? I got my rock from there and is great, but I ran in and out so I didnt see tje other stuff. My friend always tells me that they have the best pri es.

I haven't been there, but i've heard some pretty good reviews. Bird road is a trek for me so I don't get up to exotic aquariums very often either.

Zoa garden in the works. I picked up a capt america paly, a misc. paly that looks awesome, a hollywood stunner chalice, and a lunar eclipse zoa. WOOHOO, I like one polyp frags because they're cheap and then you get a nice diversity :D

I ordered an 8 polyp frag of nuclear greens, they should be here Wednesday along with some

New macros of different types. I'll get pics of all my new zoas and plays when they come in :)

Archived