Innovative Marine Aquariums

Keydivers 29 biocube

keydiver

SouthFlorida_Tron

OMG...dude, u have no idea how close i came to geting the nearly exact clam you have, or similar pattern...they had 2 i liked, texted my girl, she chose another but sick pattern fa sho!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG...dude, u have no idea how close i came to geting the nearly exact clam you have, or similar pattern...they had 2 i liked, texted my girl, she chose another but sick pattern fa sho!

The deresa? Yeah they're sweet, especially when you want something, but have no more space on rocks (they love the sand)

SouthFlorida_Tron
The deresa? Yeah they're sweet, especially when you want something, but have no more space on rocks (they love the sand)

i traded my huge open brain for it and a sick bird of paradise...i think it was a steal.....

it opened up lots of sand room.... (flow wise, made sand go everywhere)

few pics up but ill get new ones later~!

What do you guys think...lose teh red grape on the right side or leave it? It's a nice contrast, but it hides my hammer and my candycane.

OPINIONS

I just placed my order for the boostled MU 135w LED series! Since it's on sale, I decided to jump on the opportunity.

I am extremely excited....I hope I don't end up bleaching all my corals though

• 2 weeks later...

My 135w mu is IN ACTION! Honestly though, these pictures dont do it justice. everything fluoresces and it looks sweet. And everything is not super duper blue, it just appears that way in pictures. Anyways, here are some quick shot's that I took w/ my 4mp point and shoot, the best I could do.

The fixture

pictures005.jpg

GSP

pictures007.jpg

deresa macro

pictures009.jpg

overhead

pictures017.jpg

ocellaris misbar (he's missing a whole stripe on the other side)

pictures012.jpg

yellow bottlebrush acro (recovering completely from an apparent death)

pictures011.jpg

purple polyp monti- outgrowing his plug...I need to find a cool spot for him

pictures014.jpg

crocea overhead- I've had him for over a year now

pictures018.jpg

hanging on for dear life

pictures023.jpg

veteran fire shrimp-got multiple legs ripped off by my pesky coral banded shrimp

pictures015.jpg

glass nem shrimp that I caught- he's hosting my rics now.

pictures008.jpg

my first sps- pink birdsnest- grew him from a TINY frag

pictures010.jpg

just a little xenia....

pictures022.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Good god man, xenia mania! i couldnt even see you had other corals in there cuz all that pink! :happydance:

Good god man, xenia mania! i couldnt even see you had other corals in there cuz all that pink! :happydance:

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. You can't see my sps garden from the angle. I'll try to get some shots of my sps

thanks for the words everybody. imo, xenia looks better than live rock. I'm hoping to get a new camera soon, but i'm not sure which to get. Was looking at the nikon d3000 and canon rebel t2i

I cleared out a lot of the xenia today. Now you can actually see my sps garden, but I left a lot on the rocks, as well as the ones that are growing on the back wall, hopefully I can get it to grow over the whole dang thing.

In other news, I might be getting some sweet acans and maybe some more sps later on in the week. I got a toxic monti that i'm rehabilitating for a friend, which he said I could just have, so that will color up and look nice hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 6

pictures008.jpg

Awesome! Catch me some! I just bought this periclimenes venusus:

i-vf6ZJCM-L.jpg

Also go get me some rics too, lol. I like this tank.

Is yours a pedersoni?

pictures008.jpg

Awesome! Catch me some! I just bought this periclimenes venusus:

i-vf6ZJCM-L.jpg

Also go get me some rics too, lol. I like this tank.

Is yours a pedersoni?

Thanks man! sweet shrimp, I believe mine is a pedersons

Deleted User 6

Yeah, looks like it. I'm planning to get a couple of them from sealifeinc. I'm jealous that you can go out and catch your own.

Yeah, looks like it. I'm planning to get a couple of them from sealifeinc. I'm jealous that you can go out and catch your own.

yeah its a plus for sure. They host ric gardens so its cool to have a few of them.

Ditto. Nice tank. Interested in seeing some post xenia pics!

Ditto. Nice tank. Interested in seeing some post xenia pics!

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'll update soon enough, just gotta get around to it. You can actually see my sps garden now.

Here's an update everybody! A new FTS, and a little game I like to call before and after. Really just showing my corals progress since i've gotten them. I removed a lot more xenia so I could trade it to the LFS for MACROS!!!! YAYYY

FTS 8/12/11

reefupdate003-1.jpg

My ribbon gorg finally bounced back after 4 months of not opening

reefupdate004.jpg

Side view of my system

reefupdate021.jpg

ID anybody? They just popped up out of nowhere and have been growing in w/ my eagle eyes

reefupdate011.jpg

Before....

newaquascapeandnewmonti004.jpg

....after

reefupdate018.jpg

before....

sps006.jpg

.....after

reefupdate015.jpg

before....

spsandmacros003.jpg

....after

reefupdate017.jpg

before....don't have an after but now it has around 20 heads

046.jpg

before....see FTS for after :o

045.jpg

sps garden ( you can finally see it!!)

reefupdate013.jpg

oldest FTS I have

040.jpg

Enjoy and comment!

Ooo nice changes :) definitely a huge difference between the older shots! Get that xenia under control and you'll be golden :happy:

Yeah, I think i'm gonna remover A LOT of it soon. Probably the majority of it. I like it growing up the back wall though. probably picking up some new sps frags this week also.

In other news, I think i'm turning my rimless high tech FW tank into a macro/lagoon tank, so I will have a place to make xenia frags. I feel like i'm wasting it when I pull the giant stalks and just throw then away

Archived