Coral Vue Hydros

September 2010 - Podpimp

Christopher Marks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the congrats and nice comments guys :blush:

BillGill1, the deltec mce600 is not overkill at all. There is no way this skimmer can handle a 150gal tank. Deltec overrates their skimmers as most companies do. I see these skimmers selling for $250 used occasionally. I wouldn't spend the $500+, it's just not worth that kind of $$

Jacob...LOL

d'Espresso you were right :happydance:

Congratulations on the awesome tank. Not only did you share us your tank you also gave away the REAL secret in keeping an sps tank - maintaining a low nutrient system and limiting phosphate. I had my first shot at sps but failed miserably because i had no clue how important phosphate plays in reef Aquaria. I had set up so many tanks complete with fancy equipment only to fall victim to old tank syndrome each and every time. Live rock soaks up phosphate over time and it has to be taken out. Limiting phosphate via chemical (gfo) or bacteria with carbon dosing is the key. Everyone talks about proper lighting and flow but phosphate is the sps killer that needs most attention. Thanks for sharing.

If my Solana looked even a tiny tiny bit as amazing as yours does, I'd be happy!!!

Congrats on the well deserved win! This tanks has always been one of my favorites around!

:bowdown:

Psykobowler, thanks. I'm glad you agree.

Thanks David but I think your tank looks great.

RLC, TYVM

polok121, mostly because I am bored :) I want to see how the corals respond to halides.... growth, color change etc.

Nemo Nibs!!! Thanks bro! I hope to see a bunch of SPS in your 120. Trust me on the phosphate build up. Keep ahead of it and your SPS problems will be minimal.

Thank You SlowGowing :)

Like others have already said... well deserved TOTM.

Despite what everyone says about AIO's, I'm considering downgrading to the Solana for simplicity and ease of maintenance. If I do, I hope it'll look half as nice as yours does. Good luck in the future, hopefully your corals won't grow too fast! ;)

Thank you very much guys. I decided to change the whole reef to softies!!!!! :) Many of my big colonies are gone(sold). I may keep a few smaller non-branching SPS for color. I haven't done softies in years so it will be a good challenge to make a cool display without really colorful SPS. I update my tank thread once I get things going.

Archived