Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Acrylic goodies... Picotope lids

glazer

Mr glaze

Hey I need a clear u shaped piece to set on top of of my standard 10 gallon that's derimmed I have a custom led fixture that I would like to be able to set right on top of it can you make this for me

Thanks jesse

Glazer, your thread just made me wish I lived closer to Chicago :)

Could you take a look at my topic and maybe help me with some advice? http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289844 (I'm looking to build a nano-skimmer with a 9x6cm footprint and that can work with the cup getting just 3cm outside the water))

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hey Adrian... right off the bat I can't think of anything that's going to do the trick with only that much above the water level. Unless you can somehow lower the water level in this compartment or mod your hood in some way....it's not looking too feasible. Let me think on it.

Jesse, can you shoot me some pics of your light and if possible a little sketch of some kind of what you have in mind. Just something in paint is fine, not looking for any kind of DaVinci type renderings...lol

Email me if you will... addy is down there in da sig. ;)

Steve

Thank you Steve.

It can be done, on another tank I have a water pump skimmer (model WG-428, chinese stuff) that works very well while being just 3.5cms outside the water. And that's for a skimmer that measures 15 x 16 x 32 cm

Here is a picture (my model is slightly different on the inside tubes, probably as a result of a recent update, but the general idea is the same). The catch is that the cup is fixed, you cannot remove it, just to use an auxiliary cup inside it.

r09z7m.jpg

Steve- Could you please update the skimmer price, I just read all 6 pages of this post and couldn't find a price for the life of me, I have a fowlr 20 gallon and want a skimmer for it, I tried a fission nano skimmer and was very disappointed and took it back...let me know...Josh

Steve,

I was wondering if you would be able to make a lid for an Eheim Aquastyle 6? I made a quick sketch of it and can send you a template if needed (trace the glass lid on cardboard). LMK if you can and how much it would be. Thanks.

lid.th.png

Sent u a email but figured i would ask here. I need a skimmer box for a Hob prizim skimmer filter. also what would the price be for a lid for a 40breeder? i will need two little squares cut out for my refudge intake-outtake. Thanks

Steve,

I was wondering if you would be able to make a lid for an Eheim Aquastyle 6? I made a quick sketch of it and can send you a template if needed (trace the glass lid on cardboard). LMK if you can and how much it would be. Thanks.

lid.th.png

Hey steve, i might have you make me an overflow box for my 15 gallon i'm setting up to use with an ac50 HOB...i'm pm you when i set it all up so i know what i want....seriously you can make anything i believe lol

Just picked up my lid for my bc29 from Steve!! I'll post some

Pics tonight! And Steve is having some Internet issues for the last week

Or two that should hopefully be resolved soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Felicia.... glad you like it and it's doing the job for you. Saw some pics in your tank thread, looks pretty spiffy!! ;)

Now, for those that have been trying to get in contact with me.. and I'm hoping most of you see this here, bear with me and hang in there. I got swamped on PMs and requests for custom work. Awesome!! Problem is that I lost internet here at home. Took them Xfinity boys over a week to get it all straightened out. No sooner do I get that issue taken care of and there is a big shake up at work and now I have been on the road for longer than I can keep track of.

I am home just for today and then taking off again in the morning for another week long stint. All driving this time so I don't have to travel so light and will bring a "non-corporate" laptop along with me as well and try to catch up with some more of you while out and about.

Okay... like I said, everyone hang in there and I'll be with you as soon as I can. Now... little matter I need to put out there in regards to Picotope lids. If you are wanting to order a lid for your tank I am going to need for you to take a measurement. I need you to measure from center of the back glass out to the furthest point forward on the front bow. You should see a measurement of somewhere between 9 1/2" and 9 3/4" max. Early on in this thread, first post I think actually, I mentioned that the picotopes all seem to have a bit of variance to them. Some a little narrower, a little wider, sides not exactly parallel and so on. Slight differences, typically no more than an 1/8" however it now seems there is some tanks out there floating around (very recent purchases) that are 5/8" to 3/4" shorter from front to back. Width does not seem to be affected and I have no idea if there is anything different in heights as that doesn't have anything to do with the lid... ;)

Steve

Have you made anything for a biocube 14? I removed the rim on mine so I would be looking for something similar to the Innovative Marine tanks where the lid sits on some clips that mount to the sides of the tank like in this pic...could you make the clips too?

Innovative-Marine-Mini-38-Gallon.jpg

Here is what I have...

IMG_0642.jpg

If Anyone wants to check out the 1/2" custom acrylic top Steve made for my BC29 click my sig it's on the 3rd Page.. Again Steve did an awesome job!!

Anybody know the best way to get ahold of Steve? Hoping to get a top made for my biocube before I add a jawfish.

Nevermind-just saw his email in his sig.

Edited by mdisalvo55
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recommended Discussions