Cultivated Reef

Acrylic goodies... Picotope lids

glazer

I have a few of these lids made up if anyone is interested... they are 1/4" acrylic. Edges are finished similar to the tank glass, there is a small bevel on the top and bottom edges. Notch in the back is 8.5" x 1.5".

I have to add this disclaimer... I have had two templates sent to me and the opportunity to persoanlly measure a few of these tanks. It appears they are all slightly different, a hair narrower, a hair wider, sides not exactly parallel and slight differences in front to back dimensions... who knew. Anyway, the template I use is based on me splitting the difference so to speak from all these measurements.

Plain lids are 30 bucks shipped anywhere in the US, lids with the hinged feeding door are 35. If you are in the Chicago area and want to pick one up they are five bucks cheaper. PayPal works for me....

P1000826.jpg

9/15/2010- lids with hinged feeder door sold, two to three days lead time on this style if requested.

Steve

Edited by glazer
  • 4 weeks later...

Surface skimmer boxes for those using canister filters or HOB filters..... uh huh, get rid of that unsightly

surface scum!

Acrylic surface skimmer boxes measuring 5 1/2" tall, 2 3/4" across the face and 2" from front to back. Attach to the tank wall using two suction cups.... see pictures, thinking it's self explanatory. Note, I can't claim these to be a "one-size-fits-all" configuration. Just some measurements I came up with using a few

filters I had laying around. Please check the dimensions against your intended application. Shipped anywhere in the US for $25.

Steve

P1000911.jpg

P1000909.jpg

• Like 1

THAT IS WICKED. you mean i could use my regular whisper25 hang on the back filter and just position it so where the pickup tube sits inside the overflow box?

THAT IS WICKED. you mean i could use my regular whisper25 hang on the back filter and just position it so where the pickup tube sits inside the overflow box?

Indeed.. that is the idea. Again... I can't claim these to fit every HOB filter out there so check measurements against your filter. I know most you can adjust the pickup tube length by adding or removing sections. Also the overflow section on some HOBs extend the whole width of the filter, if this surface box doesn't fit under the HOB properly you may have to lower it a bit thus lowering the water level in the tank some too. I've made these for about a dozen people so far and no one has told me about any problems using it yet. Oh, and thanks for the uh, WICKED comment....lol

Thanks Bonsai!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I may be interested in a hinged lid for a 34g solana, is this something you could do?

Sure, no problem. Just need to get some measurements from you, a drawing or a template on how you want it all configured. Shoot me an email if you like and we'll get some details worked out... thanks!

woodenpcs at gmail.com (only it's really @ instead of at, but you knew that....lol)

Steve

Edited by glazer
  • 1 month later...

Just a montly bump up....

Hit me up for whatever you're looking for. Always looking to take on a new design or project. :)

Link to pics in my sig showing a few projects.

Steve

• 4 months later...
I can do almost anything... I'm just that good :D

PM coming at you MiniD

Steve

hey steve i might need a few more things made! i think i need a lid for my ecopico its 10x10, and im trying to have someone make me a LED heatsink fixture, but i wanted to hide the fan and heat sink in a white acrylic case, maybe we can talk about details later on?

Sure thing Kay... pm or email me when you're ready to go and know what you need and we'll see what we can come up with.

Steve

Hey glaze...do you work with glass too? I dont know anywhere here where they do what you do.

Thx

Uh, that's MR. glaze to you! I kid, I kid...kid :)

I'm not surprised, nobody does what I do, anywhere even... just ask my wife, MRS. glaze.

I do some glass stuff but I prefer not to, I don't like doing anything like curved cuts. I also don't have the equipment to do any polishing to the edges, nothing more than taking off the sharp edges with fine grit sandpaper. Then there's the shipping thing... I'm lucky if anything makes it out of Chicago in one piece, let alone glass. Mail, UPS, FedEx.. their all real "special" around here. (putzes!)

I'm sure if you do a little Googling or even go old school and hit the yellow pages you could come up with some place... I know it's Arkansas (I'm from there by the way...yeah, really) but it ain't that backwards or prehistoric. What do people do around there when they break a window? Don't ask the ones with the cardboard in the window frames... Somewhere in LR or the surrounding area there is a glass shop my man... one that would be happy to hook you up, trust me.

Steve

Mini Dude, yer killin' me ... I'm from there, I don't live there.

You don't need corals son... you NEED a tank... and a light, and a heater, and a......

Get the tank set up and we'll see if I can help you out with anything. Don't ask what that means... no really, I'm serious. ;)

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Eshopps overflow in a 20 gal.... the skimming box is a little big.... as in HUGE.! I was wondering if i might be able to make that box of yours work somehow. What do you think?

I have an Eshopps overflow in a 20 gal.... the skimming box is a little big.... as in HUGE.! I was wondering if i might be able to make that box of yours work somehow. What do you think?

Hmm, do you not have the nano model? The interior box on those is pretty small.. actually about the same size of the boxes I make. If you have a larger model the problem trying to downsize the inside box is having enough room for the "U" tube to fit the two boxes. If you can angle the tube you might be able to cut down on depth from front to back of the box but you gain width... the top to bottom dimension is also determined by the length of the "U" tube... of course you could cut that down some. I think you would just be better off going with the smaller Eshopps and well, if that's what you already have I don't think there is much I can do to go smaller my friend.

And Dave... sure thing, just let me know what you're looking for.

Steve

• Recommended Discussions