4 replies to this topic

spacey

spacey

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 03 Sep 2009
  • NoVA

Looks like DA is out of ALCs (has been since at least early June), and are not willing to post updates - sound familiar? They locked the thread I started on their "support" site asking when the ALC will become available again. I am heavily invested in their stuff and have been waiting for the ALC module for months now, which is the only thing I need to complete my setup. I have an RKE, 2xPC4s, NET, SW5, SL2 probes and a ton of float switches, but can't flip the switch because I have no lighting w/out the damn ALC module (have a DIY LED array w/2 dimwells).

I am livid w/them about the way they've been blowing off people w/legitimate issues and queries about their stuff. The Salinity probe has been a fiasco for months now, the 2.0 / myReef "beta" is a joke, and now the ALC modules have evaporated and their only response has been for a month now "we don't know anything". I really was a "believer" and a very friendly new geeko/techie customer until I received their "go away don't bother us" treatment for an extended period of time now. I know I am not the only one because at least another person in a similar situation as I has posted to the thread I started and I have seen at least one or two others frustrated in the past just throw in a towel. Well... guess what, suddenly, Scott from DA found the time, which he claimed that he / they don't have for updating progress on the support forum, and locked the thread we were respectfully asking for some regular updates on (here's the thread). The dealers I spoke with who re-sell their products are equally frustrated and say verbatum the same thing, that they just blow them off and don't communicate.

I have $100's frozen in their stuff and I feel basically very stupid to buy into their spiel. I understand there are various issues that come up but if it takes months to resolve IMO they owe it to people w/investment in their products to provide regular updates. Their idea of doing that is "we don't know anything, go away, don't call us we'll call you". Well... this is not acceptable to me. As painful as it sounds I am seriously thinking about just selling off all DA crap I have and going w/APEX as I hear they have a much different idea bout customer service and actually care about what people think about them.

As far as I am concerned the fact that DA still list the Salinity Probe (for sure) and the ALC module (borderline) on their site or mention that capability as being available constitutes false advertising. I am of course not going to sue them, not worth my time, but they are totally pushing the limits. They have lost me as a loyal customer for no tangible reason other than non-communication and arrogance or laziness - not sure which one since they can't be bothered to spare 5 min a week to post few sentences on progress w/their own product.

Very frustrated and angry...

spacey :angry:

opy01

opy01

Some people never go crazy. What horrible lives they must live.

• Members
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 21 May 2009
  • Fort Worth, Tx
Sorry about your frustration. They can be bad about not posting on the forums and replying to PMs. I however dont buy that much directly from them unless I have to. I buy from any of thier reselers that have stuff in stock. Mostly I buy from petstore.com but Ebay has stuff too. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...DefaultDomain_0
Posted Image