ReefCleaners.org

65 gal Rimless Shallow 6 foot Build

autopro

dude!! it was like 110 degrees here in fontana on monday!!!

thid weather sux a$$!!!

its cold 1 day amd the next its ball soup!!!!!

definately too hot to do stuff.

so have you figured out what goin were in your sump?

you goin skimmer fuge then return?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude!! it was like 110 degrees here in fontana on monday!!!

thid weather sux a$$!!!

its cold 1 day amd the next its ball soup!!!!!

definately too hot to do stuff.

so have you figured out what goin were in your sump?

you goin skimmer fuge then return?

Tell me about it, we still don't have the A/C unit for my house :angry: Anyways Alkomist here are the specs for the sump.

Finally did water test of the sump last night, I filled each section and waited for an hour before filling up the next section just to make sure that there were no leaks between the baffles; here are my results:

The middle chamber is the return it measures 16.5” x 12.5” (inside dimensions) and it holds 9 gallons to the top of the baffle. I will run it with 8 gallons that way I can do water changes of about 5 to 6 gallons a week without having to shut off my pumps to do it.

IMG_3182.jpg

Next is the skimmer section it measures 10” x 12.5” (inside dimensions) and it holds 5.4 gallons.

IMG_3184.jpg

Lastly the fuge section that is 12” x 12.5” and it holds 7.8 gallons

IMG_3185.jpg

These last two of it all filled up.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

Total dimensions for the sump are 42” long x 13” deep x 15” high giving us a total volume of 33 gallons. I will be running 21.5 gallons in all 3 chambers so I have more than 10 gallons available to handle my tank overflow when I shut off pumps or if anything else goes wrong. :scarry:

I was a bit worried during the night, I didn’t want to get up this morning and find that the sump was in pieces in my garage. Luckily everything was ok :happydance: and now I am going to leave it like that for about a week just to make sure it passes the water test. Total cost for my sump including the silicone and tape was around $70.00

Tell me about it, we still don't have the A/C unit for my house :angry: Anyways Alkomist here are the specs for the sump.

Finally did water test of the sump last night, I filled each section and waited for an hour before filling up the next section just to make sure that there were no leaks between the baffles; here are my results:

The middle chamber is the return it measures 16.5” x 12.5” (inside dimensions) and it holds 9 gallons to the top of the baffle. I will run it with 8 gallons that way I can do water changes of about 5 to 6 gallons a week without having to shut off my pumps to do it.

IMG_3182.jpg

Next is the skimmer section it measures 10” x 12.5” (inside dimensions) and it holds 5.4 gallons.

IMG_3184.jpg

Lastly the fuge section that is 12” x 12.5” and it holds 7.8 gallons

IMG_3185.jpg

These last two of it all filled up.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

Total dimensions for the sump are 42” long x 13” deep x 15” high giving us a total volume of 33 gallons. I will be running 21.5 gallons in all 3 chambers so I have more than 10 gallons available to handle my tank overflow when I shut off pumps or if anything else goes wrong. :scarry:

I was a bit worried during the night, I didn’t want to get up this morning and find that the sump was in pieces in my garage. Luckily everything was ok :happydance: and now I am going to leave it like that for about a week just to make sure it passes the water test. Total cost for my sump including the silicone and tape was around $70.00

in total?? the glass to???????

is the sump 1/2" thick aswell??

THATS UFFIN CHEAP!!!!!!

im thinkin bout goin to TJ and build me a new tank!!!!!

how much was it to make your display tank?

^^^

Yeah! B) the $70.00 includes glass, tape and silicone. The glass for the sump is only 1/4" thick.

The main display was $295.00 delivered to my house :naughtydance:

^^^

Yeah! B) the $70.00 includes glass, tape and silicone. The glass for the sump is only 1/4" thick.

The main display was $295.00 delivered to my house :naughtydance:

WTF!?!?!?!?!?

thats Nuckin Futs!!!!!!!

ok heres the deal!

ill send you $$$ and yu get me the exact tank you have!!!!....ill pick it up! i have family in El Cajon iv been meaning to visit em! lol

how much would it be for the glass (not essembled) and drilled???

iv been wantin a tank like yours 4EVER!! long and shallow:) = best reef tanks!

any updates? the sump hold like you planned?

Did work to the wall this weekend and that is about it. I should have most of the shelves done by Friday and then I will take some pics.

The sump is still full of water and no leaks ;) ; I'll drain it by the weekend and start assembling stuff under the stand then.

This whole setup is sick....nice work

Thanks quickfinger! B)

this tank is going to be banana crazy. Subbed to this topic. nice work on the sump btw.

Thanks, the sump was my first so I'm pretty happy the way it turned out also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
so.................any updates?

how the build comming along?

^

waiting ^

Sorry guys that I have not had a chance to update. I did do part of the build and I'll get some new pics out to you guys by the B) end of the week

Anybody home? Hello?

I've been following along and not posting. But, now that the pictures have stopped I have to say something.

Updates? Pictures? Progress?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not keeping up with my updates :o

Here are a couple of shots of the work I have done. Really haven’t had that much time for it with all of the other projects in the house I have going on at the same time.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Archived