Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

oh i suck

Hahaha it's ok, simple mistake :)

I took out the blood shrimp because I think even just one would get too big for this tank, especially if I want other smaller inverts

Don't get Bumblebee Snails!!!! They aren't reef-safe.

With sponges, make sure to have tons and tons of phyto dosage. And lots and lots of flow.

I thought they ate starfish legs in the wild, and ate meaty stuff in the aquarium? Would they eat my sponges or something?

Lol yeah, that's also why I could to put sponges in this tank because the plants will love all the extra nutrients and all that feeding won't ruin the water quality :)

animalmaster6

Bumblebee Snails should never be considered reef-safe. The little monsters attack other cuc and eat them. Also all the beneficial micro-fauna in the sand they kill. They are worst then you could imagine...

Bumblebee Shrimp eat starfish legs....

Edited by animalmaster6
Bumblebee Snails should never be considered reef-safe. The little monsters attack other cuc and eat them. Also all the beneficial micro-fauna in the sand they kill. They are worst then you could imagine...

Bumblebee Shrimp eat starfish legs....

I thought that was only if they couldn't find other food? I plan on feeding this tank heavily. I knew they could kill micro-fauna in the sand, but figured it wasn't a big deal. I won't have any other snails in the tank, probably no hermits either.

Sorry, I meant starfish feet :P

Micro-fauna can be more beneficial than you think.

I'm currently making a super helpful thread that you will love.

Hmm but I like bumble bee snails :tears:

Ooooh what's it about? :D

i just got an invert the other day

0819002326.jpg

tiny red squat lobster

omgomgomg I didn't know there were red ones! :o

Thread was made. Lots more info will be posted tomorrow.

:D Yaaay link?

yeah i had no clue what it was but i was walking by the tank and saw this red thing under a rock and looked closer and it was some kind of invert

didnt know there were red squat lobsters either but thats what they said it was so i told them to bag it up!

yeah i had no clue what it was but i was walking by the tank and saw this red thing under a rock and looked closer and it was some kind of invert

didnt know there were red squat lobsters either but thats what they said it was so i told them to bag it up!

Awesome! I want one! :P

How much was it?

it was only 10 but this store has the lowest prices of any place ive ever been to

their prices are usually half of most places

Wow really? Is it some sort of wholesale place?

nope, thats just how they are

locals arent the most knowlegdable so they'll refuse to pay high prices which is why their prices are so low

they dont always have the best stuff, but every once in a while theyll have something crazy

like flaming prawn goby for 40 or flameback angel for 30 or randalli shrimp for 9

nope, thats just how they are

locals arent the most knowlegdable so they'll refuse to pay high prices which is why their prices are so low

they dont always have the best stuff, but every once in a while theyll have something crazy

like flaming prawn goby for 40 or flameback angel for 30 or randalli shrimp for 9

omgomgomg

Wow! I want to go there lol

Ok guys, you'll be seeing progress next week!

I have 2 10gal tanks laying around, on one of them, the rims are already cut off from the tank, don't know how that happened, but at least it makes it easier for me :P I'll probably keep the ugly bottom rim on because I'm kinda worried about leaks and seams breaking and stuff if I take both rims off. I saw someone who de-rimmed both rims on a 10g tank like mine, but I couldn't find out if they had any problems with the seams.

You guys would know better than me, would it be safe to take off the bottom rim too?

So, stuff I want to accomplish next week:

-Clean out a 10g tank

-De-rim it, maybe both rims if you guys can convince me it's safe :P

-Get sand from my 20g, rock from my 20 &55g, I also want to pick up some sick rock a customer brought in last week, might go in this tank, it's got some pretty awesome shapes!

-Hopefully I'll find a small HOB power filter in my shed (which has kinda become my aquarium junk storage area)

-Steal the heater from my pico

-Put on the background, which color should I use, black or blue?

-WATER of course! omgomgomg

as to the rim. might as well the bottom but you will be living with it so if it will be mocking every time you walk be it. may be worth doing. i'd leave it. normally when ive seen people derim both top & bottom they need to separate then re-silicone the panels. if you do this make sure to use good silicone.

paint it black or leave it clear. just don't go blue. please. if its rimless clear is really good normaly paint is to hide things.

if possible swap out the hob for a korrila nano. although the hob could be made into a fuge.