Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

After 7 years, I've kind of hit all those angles. Maybe I'll sink a couple curios in there or something and come up with a story ;)

Haha you'll come up with something! :) Throw something ridiculous in there!

I love the orange macro in your tank. There is not enough orange in this hobby and it just stands out so well. Looks so pretty. Looks like fall colors.

Thanks! Which one are you referring to?

Very nice looking tank! Are you still using the same equipment listed on page 1 like the Odyssea 65w 50/50 PC and ac20?

Thank you!

Yes, although recently I threw on a random little T8 FW just for a little more purple color since I haven't changed the bulb on the odyssea

I'm also still using the AC20

Ok, goals for this week: take pics of new macros with the DSLR and make the FTS progression thing

Neither of these things have happened :slap::(

Hopefully I can get to do at least one of these things on Sunday

• Like 1

Tank photoshoot tonight :)

While you're waiting, look at this cutie!! He's been at my LFS since January, and he's grown up a bit!
January:
IMG_6566_zps0d5b0c69.jpg

Today:

2015-07-13%2021.18.40.jpg

I think he would look awesome in this tank...but I would have to take out the YCG. And feed mysis as he doesn't eat pellets. I generally don't get fish that won't eat pellets.

• Like 7

Oh, it's adorable. What's it called?

Curious as well.

Dwarf Scorpionfish? Super cute.

It's commonly called a Red Barbfish (Scorpaena brasiliensis), gets 6"

• Like 2

Tank photoshoot tonight :)

While you're waiting, look at this cutie!! He's been at my LFS since January, and he's grown up a bit!

January:IMG_6566_zps0d5b0c69.jpg

Today:

2015-07-13%2021.18.40.jpg

I think he would look awesome in this tank...but I would have to take out the YCG. And feed mysis as he doesn't eat pellets. I generally don't get fish that won't eat pellets.

Get it yoshi! Awesome tank by the way. :)

Get it yoshi! Awesome tank by the way. :)

I'm seriously considering it!

My only worry is that he is too small and would lost in this tank. (He needs to be target fed)

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering it!

My only worry is that he is too small and would lost in this tank. (He needs to be target fed)

Thank you! :)

Hmmm train him in a breeder box to eat from a station maybe?

Hmmm train him in a breeder box to eat from a station maybe?

My leaf fish had a "feeding spot" on the right side of the tank, on top of the rock, but it was a much larger fish

It's pretty easy for a smaller fish to get lost in this jungle of a tank haha

• Like 1

My leaf fish had a "feeding spot" on the right side of the tank, on top of the rock, but it was a much larger fish

It's pretty easy for a smaller fish to get lost in this jungle of a tank haha

That's true,but it's food,all animals are programmed to find thst,I know where allllll the McDonald's are in 15 miles of my house haha

Your tank is a jungle though maybe more so than my crested gecko tank ;)

That's true,but it's food,all animals are programmed to find thst,I know where allllll the McDonald's are in 15 miles of my house haha

Your tank is a jungle though maybe more so than my crested gecko tank ;)

Well, if he doesn't sell by the end of this week then I'll take him home :)

For the late nighters

IMG_159022.jpg

I'll never get tired of photographing the gorgs :wub:

• Like 6

Well, if he doesn't sell by the end of this week then I'll take him home :)

For the late nighters

IMG_159022.jpg

I'll never get tired of photographing the gorgs :wub:

Yea I wouldn't either my friend nice camera work.

Yea I wouldn't either my friend nice camera work.

Thanks! :) I should be posting more shots soon

Very nice tank. Original and beautiful!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Some quick pics of macros at the LFS

Which LFS do you go to? I can't remember seeing any macro's on my last east bay loop. I usually do aquatic collection, cali reef co, and neptunes.

I just did a big order from live-plants, but would love to find some macro's locally too.

Which LFS do you go to? I can't remember seeing any macro's on my last east bay loop. I usually do aquatic collection, cali reef co, and neptunes.

I just did a big order from live-plants, but would love to find some macro's locally too.

Baja Reef in Union City, I work there :) It's a little hole in the wall store, but we've got lots of stuff (a LOT of fish)

• Like 2

Baja Reef in Union City, I work there :) It's a little hole in the wall store, but we've got lots of stuff (a LOT of fish)

Awesome, I will have to add it into my LFS loop.

• Like 1

Finally updated the livestock list on the first post!
Well, mostly. I still need to ID a bunch of the random macros I've collected off rocks.

• Like 1

That is an adorable little barbfish! I'd be tempted to come get it for the predator tank if it wasn't so tiny that my lions would probably try to eat it :lol: You should get it because its a perfect size for your little tank! I bet you could get it to associate tongs or something with food so that it will come to the tongs for spot feeding. All my fish know that the tongs = food.

Btw, you're brave holding that little fish in your bare hand!

• Like 1

She's the fish whisperer :D

Seriously! I've gotten pretty comfortable with my lionfish and spent over an hour last night working on coral placement with just thin nitrile gloves on, so my arms were bare. I'm ok with that now, but holding them is a whole other story!

That is an adorable little barbfish! I'd be tempted to come get it for the predator tank if it wasn't so tiny that my lions would probably try to eat it :lol: You should get it because its a perfect size for your little tank! I bet you could get it to associate tongs or something with food so that it will come to the tongs for spot feeding. All my fish know that the tongs = food.

Btw, you're brave holding that little fish in your bare hand!

Isn't it adorable! :wub:

Haha yeah your lions would love to swallow it up!

By the end of the week, if he doesn't sell, I'll take him home :)

Nah, its spines are so tiny I doubt it would do anything. Plus I hold it from the bottom

She's the fish whisperer :D

:ninja:

In tank news, I picked up some palm caulerpa the other day, so I'm going to try to get a FTS done today!

• Like 1