SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

well, it actually melted in both tanks, and grew a little in both. when i moved it back to the reef there was just too little left, i guess.

:( I guess the lesson is just not to touch it!

I'm not far from UCSD, totally down to trade once you're down here!

Cool! :)

• Like 1
Pinner Reef

Yoshi, I don't think I've ever said it before, but I absolute adore all of your systems.

You're a source of inspiration for me. B)

Yoshi, I don't think I've ever said it before, but I absolute adore all of your systems.

You're a source of inspiration for me. B)

Oh such nice words! Thank you! :blush:

Looks great. I'm definitely a fan of cardinalfish.

Thanks!

I actually used to not have an interest in them, but they have grown on me over the years. I was thinking about adding a Bangaii also, but I like that the two cardinals have the same body shape

I'm scared...but I'm going to do it. I'm going to go through this entire thread and collect all my FTSs with dates :scarry:

I'm going to try to avoid reading my old posts and pretend my embarrassing 16-yr-old-me comments didn't happen

• Like 3

I'm scared...but I'm going to do it. I'm going to go through this entire thread and collect all my FTSs with dates :scarry:

I'm going to try to avoid reading my old posts and pretend my embarrassing 16-yr-old-me comments didn't happen

lol, reminds me of my first couple of years here...ugh

cute cardinal, i had one those for a while. was a real pig.

lol, reminds me of my first couple of years here...ugh

cute cardinal, i had one those for a while. was a real pig.

Haha yeah, we were reaching "menace to NR community" status

I like them :) So far, the Sealei likes to hang out in the middle of the tank while the Pearl likes to hang out near the gorgs on the left side. Probably because the clown likes to swim on the right side

Nearly 40 FTSs later...

Wow this tank has changed a lot. It's been really ugly, and it's also been really pretty :)

So, should I make a gif of all the FTSs? Or make like a picture grid?

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Nearly 40 FTSs later...

Wow this tank has changed a lot. It's been really ugly, and it's also been really pretty :)

So, should I make a gif of all the FTSs? Or make like a picture grid?

I vote just a list with dates above :)

Easy to do as well- just copy and paste the links

I vote just a list with dates above :)

Easy to do as well- just copy and paste the links

I thought about that, but imagine how long it would take for all of those pictures to load on one page!

Not to shoot down your idea, but I'm leaning towards going with the photo grid, as then it will be less images and it would be easier to see the tank's progress with the pictures side by side

IMG_1585.jpg

Flame Algae. It gets the orange flourescence like Dragon's Breath, but not at the tips

I tried to use flash to show it here, but it didn't help much haha

• Like 3

Macros came in today! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:happydance:

I haven't actually put them in my tank yet lol so pics will be coming tomrrow

The Portieria is prettier than expected!

• Like 1

Those are some nice new macros. Great variety of textures and colors.

I seriously cannot wait to see the progression of FTS's. I'm sure that's a huge project but will be worth it!

Those are some nice new macros. Great variety of textures and colors.

I seriously cannot wait to see the progression of FTS's. I'm sure that's a huge project but will be worth it!

I can't wait for them to "settle in" :)

I haven't taken pics of them in the tank yet, hopefully I can do that this week

This is my FTS list, kinda cool that it relates to how often I was active on NR (I practically lived here in the beginning!)

1-Aug 24, 2010
2-Aug 24, 2010
3-Aug 26, 2010
4-Sep 19, 2010
5-Sep 24, 2010
6-Oct 23, 2010
7-Oct 24, 2010
8-Oct 27, 2010
9-Nov 7, 2010
10-Nov 15, 2010
11-Nov 21,2010
12-Dec 5, 2010
13-Dec 14,2010
14-Jan 16, 2011
15-Jan 30, 2011
16-Mar 13, 2011
17-Mar 16, 2011
18-Mar 26, 2011
19-Mar 27, 2011
20-Apr 23, 2011
21-Apr 25, 2011
22-May 4, 2011
23-May 8, 2011
24-May 16, 2011
25-May 27, 2011
26-May 29, 2011
27-Jun 14, 2011
28-Jun 18, 2011
29-Jun 19, 2011
30-Aug 2, 2011
31-Aug 20, 2011
32-May 15, 2012
33-Aug 24, 2012
34-Sep 23, 2012
35-Mar 13, 2013
36-Feb 9, 2015
37-Jun 11, 2015
  • Like 1

Woah! That is a ton of FTS's. I used to live on here too and stick to one FTS per month, but I have been such a slacker the last year or so. Been trying to be more active now. That is definitely a lot to make a progression with. I think maybe a gif or something would be really cool.

• Like 1

Woah! That is a ton of FTS's. I used to live on here too and stick to one FTS per month, but I have been such a slacker the last year or so. Been trying to be more active now. That is definitely a lot to make a progression with. I think maybe a gif or something would be really cool.

Haha yeah I slacked off for like 2 years! Not a since FTS posted in 2014!

A few years ago I made a progression gif, but the quality was pretty bad

Ok, goals for this week: take pics of new macros with the DSLR and make the FTS progression thing

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

Haha yeah I slacked off for like 2 years! Not a since FTS posted in 2014!

First time I've seen this tank and I must say it's really nice. The colors are certainly popping! :)

One of the hardest things in the modern era of reefing is coming up with regular FTS's for a tank that's been running for years...and years. I've been known to get out the camera, set up the tripod, then say to myself, "Hmmm, looks pretty much like it did a few months ago...", and then put all the stuff away again :wacko:

For me, quarterly updates are plenty unless something major was changed.

First time I've seen this tank and I must say it's really nice. The colors are certainly popping! :)

One of the hardest things in the modern era of reefing is coming up with regular FTS's for a tank that's been running for years...and years. I've been known to get out the camera, set up the tripod, then say to myself, "Hmmm, looks pretty much like it did a few months ago...", and then put all the stuff away again :wacko:

For me, quarterly updates are plenty unless something major was changed.

Thank you! :)

I think mostly the changes then are with growth, especially coral. But if the tank is full, then it's more pruning as it grows haha

Yeah, I know what you mean, once everything settles in and new stuff isn't really being added, there isn't much of an update. But I think it just means you have to get more creative with updates. Take pics of corals from different angles, macros, videos of fish behavior, etc. Just highlight the things you like the most about the tank

Nano sapiens

Thank you! :)

Take pics of corals from different angles, macros, videos of fish behavior, etc. Just highlight the things you like the most about the tank

After 7 years, I've kind of hit all those angles. Maybe I'll sink a couple curios in there or something and come up with a story ;)

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I love the orange macro in your tank. There is not enough orange in this hobby and it just stands out so well. Looks so pretty. Looks like fall colors.