SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

I know, I know, this thread really needs an update, I try to get some new pics & updates up this weekend :)

Take your time. You're starting school up again now, right?

L

*Yep, it's a peanut worm

It's just pretty big, I thought I would have noticed it before!

Take your time. You're starting school up again now, right?

L

Yeah, I went back on Thursday

Still in break-mode..I've barely done any homework yet haha

Edited by yoshii

I got some snails, other than that not really much else, although my pompom lost his pompoms even tho I just saw he had them the other week :(

I will probably take one tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...
My White Spot really like the Nano Mag..

DSC06861.jpg

DSC06856.jpg

DSC06858.jpg

I always have trouble getting good pics of this guy :/

DSC06867.jpg

DSC06868.jpg

New Porcelain, hiding behind a spot of coralline <_<

DSC06855.jpg

Trying to figure out what kind of algae this is, it randomly appeared one day and has been growing pretty fast

DSC06816.jpg

Also, some very sad news, a few weeks ago I was gone for a week and told my sister to take care of this tank...well let's just say I came back to a dead pipefish and tons of GHA :tears: :tears: :tears:

But, some cool stuff, some crab had babies in my tank, idk what crab, maybe the hermits?

pictures of the larvae coming soon

What's the red spot one? Neat! I would try finding it in your thread but... not willing to dig through 160+ pages. :P

What's the red spot one? Neat! I would try finding it in your thread but... not willing to dig through 160+ pages. :P

A Rock Shrimp (Urocaridella antonbruunii)

I understand, I have a complete stock list in the first post :)

How's this tank coming along, Yoshii?

L

I'm a horrible person because I still need to update this thread...

Tank looks pretty bad right now, I think that purple crab from my 3g is killing stuff, I haven't seen my Neon Goby all week :scarry:

Well if it's any consolation, my panda goby went missing for 5 days & then I found him in my refugium. As happy as can be!
Ps: you're not a horrible person. Just busy. :) Get to it when you can.

Thanks! Although I'm pretty sure he's dead :( He always comes out and swims around when I come over to the tank, even if I'm not feeding him

Plus things have gone missing :scarry:

Squared wants a Panda Goby :P

Thanks! Although I'm pretty sure he's dead :( He always comes out and swims around when I come over to the tank, even if I'm not feeding him

Plus things have gone missing :scarry:

Girl, what kind of evil crab is this? Cook him!

Squared wants a Panda Goby :P

Ya think? Found this in my 4g thread just now...

Tell me all you know about panda gobies omgomgomg
Girl, what kind of evil crab is this? Cook him!

Ya think? Found this in my 4g thread just now...

Purple and cool looking :(

hahaha I've been telling him not to get one

Hey, Yoshii. It's been a while lol. Know anyone local that wants some free halymenia? The little piece you gave me now occupies pretty much the whole back wall of my tank. It's probably called dragon's something cuz it has slight orange fluorescence at the tips, but my LED's turn it mostly pink. I could also spare some chaeto and caulerpa serrulata.

I picked up a several other types of algae along the way to grow out including this:

http://www.lareefs.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=999

I was pretty sad that 1" wasn't a 1" clump, but a single blade the size of a fingernail, but we'll see how it goes.

Hey, Yoshii. It's been a while lol. Know anyone local that wants some free halymenia? The little piece you gave me now occupies pretty much the whole back wall of my tank. It's probably called dragon's something cuz it has slight orange fluorescence at the tips, but my LED's turn it mostly pink. I could also spare some chaeto and caulerpa serrulata.

I picked up a several other types of algae along the way to grow out including this:

http://www.lareefs.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=999

I was pretty sad that 1" wasn't a 1" clump, but a single blade the size of a fingernail, but we'll see how it goes.

Oh hey! I haven't seen you post for a while!

Yeah it's called Dragon's Breath, I'm glad it's growing so well for you :)

Actually mine died off mysteriously a while ago, so I'd be glad to take some off your hands :P I also know at least 2 other people who are interested :)

As for the Caulerpa serrulata, I'm not sure, I'll have to ask some friends. Chaeto, hmm, I don't know of anyone off the top of my head, but you could get store credit if you want.

Ah I saw someone else (I think it was GR?) just bought some of that macro, it looks so awesome!

If/when they get Green Graciliara in stock, I want to order from them!

Btw, as of last week, there's been a big change at the store ;)

Oh hey! I haven't seen you post for a while!

Yeah it's called Dragon's Breath, I'm glad it's growing so well for you :)

Actually mine died off mysteriously a while ago, so I'd be glad to take some off your hands :P I also know at least 2 other people who are interested :)

As for the Caulerpa serrulata, I'm not sure, I'll have to ask some friends. Chaeto, hmm, I don't know of anyone off the top of my head, but you could get store credit if you want.

Ah I saw someone else (I think it was GR?) just bought some of that macro, it looks so awesome!

If/when they get Green Graciliara in stock, I want to order from them!

Btw, as of last week, there's been a big change at the store ;)

Yeah, life got pretty crazy... Tank went a month with no one watching it other than the ATO and autofeeder. I love how low maintenance it is, but my calcium and alk were hurting. Might have to try kalk in the ATO water.

I thought it was dragon's breath, but the the guy at sustainable reefs had some types of halymenia in his display tank and what he was calling dragon's breath was different. The whole tongue, breath, flame, etc. was annoying so I just call it all halymenia now.

I'm going to Tahoe this weekend, but I can probably bring some by the store next week or weekend if you're in. I'll PM you about it.