inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

I was trying to search for it, but correct id's on algae are gard to come by. It's definitely Udotea sp., same genus as mermaid's fan, but that's as far as I got. Udotea dixonii looks similar but doesn't quite grow straight up.

I found one that looked similar, I bookmarked it...somewhere :lol:

We found those in a tide pool at the beach. There's at least a million in that pic :D

Yep, I have a better picture and also a video I'll post later :P

Alto, I also took some random pics of the marine center and beach, I'll post those later on fb if you want

We found those in a tide pool at the beach. There's at least a million in that pic :D

Uh... Go back and get some for me? Duh.

:P

EDIT: I'll give you like $5 for a bunch the size of the bunch in the pic...

Edited by Euphyllia
altolamprologus
:scarry:

Amp up your cultures Alto :P I'd totally buy from you

I'm planning on doing 2 more 5 gallon cultures of Tisbe sp. pods. Or maybe one tisbe, one tigger pod. Anyway if I have any extras after feeding the ravenous mandarins I'll be happy to share :)

• 3 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Gracilaria smells like chlorine when it's out of the water...weird.

I know I haven't really updated in a while, so I'll post later tonight

The truly weird thing is you smell your macros.

I think I hate Caulerpa's smell the most. Stuff is pretty rank.

No? My caulerpa (before it went sexual and I removed it) didn't smell at all... Well it did, but it smelled like a plant.

All Caulerpa I have gotten has stunk up the house when I get it in the mail. That's what I'm basing it off of. I'm guessing their aroma has a chance to pool up in the concentrated area.

No? My caulerpa (before it went sexual and I removed it) didn't smell at all... Well it did, but it smelled like a plant.

Same, my caulerpa doesn't really smell like anything..not that I've noticed

All Caulerpa I have gotten has stunk up the house when I get it in the mail. That's what I'm basing it off of. I'm guessing their aroma has a chance to pool up in the concentrated area.

That could just be from other stuff in the bag, my macro shipments can smell pretty nasty sometimes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...