inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Sorry, I'm just giving the pruned algae to local peeps, or else I'll just put it in my 55g's sump

Also, maybe FTS today...Im currently doing my nails so we'll see how long it takes :P It's worth it cause they're going to be reef related!

Update:

1. Nails came out pretty good for my first try :) Each hand has 5 of my favorite anthias!

2. One of the new gorgs was open and happy when I got home today so I'll be posting pics soon. A hermit decided to crawl all over the other new gorg, so it was all closed up

New gorg! It's so pretty :wub:

(Sorry for the poor quality, I was in a bit of a hurry)

IMG_0593.jpg

And an old gorg because I like how it looked against black

IMG_0656.jpg

• Like 6

So let's see those nails.

I'm actually have a bit of trouble getting a good pic lol

They're shiny and the shine keeps obscuring the design :furious:

But here's a grainy snapchat pic with my Pseudanthias flavoguttatus

2015-05-05%2020.48.53.jpg

• Like 10

Haha, that was my last one!

No, personally I don't really like those anthias

I did P. randalli (male), P. tuka (female), P. pleurotaenia (male), P. squamipinnis (female), and P. flavoguttatus as shown

I think it's probably the shape. I like a few of the giant Holoanthias, but I don't like the fathead sunbursts either

No, but if you're local I can give you some for free

phobos2deimos

Those gorgs are way cool. Never really been into them, but I did order a Golden Plume gorg that should be arriving today along with a bunch of new macros... Perhaps this will be my first step in a downward spiral.

Those gorgs are way cool. Never really been into them, but I did order a Golden Plume gorg that should be arriving today along with a bunch of new macros... Perhaps this will be my first step in a downward spiral.

Golden plumes can be pretty nice, I like the branching pattern!

haha welcome in the club!

Ooh! That's a nice one! I used to have one like that a few years ago (in my 10g) but it had white polyps instead of yellow

I know I was supposed to grab a FTS like a week ago, but it's midterm/finals season so I might not get one up until tomorrow

Meanwhile, here's a pic of my anthias nails! Black turned out messy, but the fish turned out ok

2015-05-10%2010.51.46.jpg

• Like 10

Were you working today? I should have stopped by and said hi. I was at Aquatic Collection earlier. Nice new gorgs! Good luck with finals :)

Actually I wasn't! I was at orientation for an internship at the Marine Science Institute :)

Thank you, I'm really loving the orange one with red polyps, it has settled in and is open most of the day now

I can't wait to get a FTS, I'm happy with how the tank looks

Thank you! *is currently on a 4am study break* :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got back from my UCLA/UCSD trip the other day, and I have good news and bad news.

Good news NRR: I've decided to attend UC San Diego :) I'll be heading there this fall for a Marine Bio major (can't remember if I already told you guys that)
Other good news: This tank is very happy atm, so much to prune!

Bad news: The macros are happy because Leafy died when I was gone :tears::tears::tears: I have no idea why he died, I topped off and fed him before I left (5 days)

• Like 1