Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

as to the rim. might as well the bottom but you will be living with it so if it will be mocking every time you walk be it. may be worth doing. i'd leave it. normally when ive seen people derim both top & bottom they need to separate then re-silicone the panels. if you do this make sure to use good silicone.

paint it black or leave it clear. just don't go blue. please. if its rimless clear is really good normaly paint is to hide things.

if possible swap out the hob for a korrila nano. although the hob could be made into a fuge.

Haha I do walk by there quite often...:lol: Wow really? That's too much of a pain lol, I re-siliconed my 55g 2 or 3 times, and also once on my 20g. Never want to do it again hahaha

Ok, I'll probably go with black since I like being able to hide wires and stuff behind a background. Also, no one wants to see the hideous wallpaper behind the tank hahahaha :P

I don't think this tank will need a fuge haha, but I'm interested in why you say no HOB? I was thinking of putting some filter floss or something in there to filter out floating gunk and stuff.

I've heard of HOB's putting extra pressure on rimless tanks, causing them to leak. That's why I'm going AIO.

Hmm, but it would only be a small HOB, I'll probably use either the Top Fin Power Filter 20 or the Whisper Tetra Power Filter that is meant for 10 gallons.

Well I would rather not have a tons of equipment in the tank, so would the PHs show more than the HOB?

But I would get more flow with more PHs

Edited by yoshii
Squat Lobsters are super cool but are really hard to find.

If I find some I'm absolutely buying them.

Lol wish me luck then! :P A red one would be so awesome!

Ok then hob vs ph

Weight: yep always seems like a good Idea to avoid any extra with the rimless.

A korrila nano at 3.5 watts wins the power argument before its even started.

Flow

K nano 240

K one 400

Tank needs flow, light & heat, every thing else takes care of its self right. Korrilas are dead silent. I've run both power filters & ph. Hands down the korrila, mp10 what ever. was the superior method. Noise, reliablity, Cost, size. Any little thing that got into the pf stopped the propeller or started it rataling.

My problem is that I have let's call them sleep issues & really good ears. The water cooler in the kitchen going glug glug wakes me. So if the tank makes more noise than say the fridge I've got to fix it. I assume that not many have these issues but still want it to be quiet. this would be my other bias. Noise & plumbing.

Funny

Spent 3 hours one night trying to fix a rattle coming from some where. Turned out to be a snail tapping on the glass in the wave action. :rant:

Ok then hob vs ph

Weight: yep always seems like a good Idea to avoid any extra with the rimless.

A korrila nano at 3.5 watts wins the power argument before its even started.

Flow

K nano 240

K one 400

Tank needs flow, light & heat, every thing else takes care of its self right. Korrilas are dead silent. I've run both power filters & ph. Hands down the korrila, mp10 what ever. was the superior method. Noise, reliablity, Cost, size. Any little thing that got into the pf stopped the propeller or started it rataling.

My problem is that I have let's call them sleep issues & really good ears. The water cooler in the kitchen going glug glug wakes me. So if the tank makes more noise than say the fridge I've got to fix it. I assume that not many have these issues but still want it to be quiet. this would be my other bias. Noise & plumbing.

Funny

Spent 3 hours one night trying to fix a rattle coming from some where. Turned out to be a snail tapping on the glass in the wave action. :rant:

Ok, well less things hanging on the tank certainly looks better, I think I'll get the K1 instead of the nano because the sponges need more flow :)

dear little girl, k-nano are 2 for 45 on ebay atm; for the 400+gph model. I just made an offer for 40 on them and won. I would look into it if I were you

I was planning on getting a K1 for $25 (including shipping) but I'll check out ebay for some deals too. I just seem to see alot of people trying to sell cheap knock-offs as the real thing

iono, depends on your scaping and such. vortech is the best bet imo. but otherwise I would personally just go with a single k-nano. its a 2 pack so you could always add more.

You dont want too strong a single point of flow anyways

iono, depends on your scaping and such. vortech is the best bet imo. but otherwise I would personally just go with a single k-nano. its a 2 pack so you could always add more.

You dont want too strong a single point of flow anyways

Ok, I plan on minimal rock scaping, and I would place the sponges in flow "path" of the ph(s)

id get two. what i meant was if your one pump was too strong, you can only put things at a minimum distance away. too close and its too strong.

Ohh ok :)

Btw, I think I'm going stick my two ocellaris clowns in here, they are in my 55gal currently, and I want to move my new mocha clown pair in my 55gal since I'm breaking down my 20g, but I don't really want to give the two little clowns away.

So stocking list as far as fish goes:

2x Ocellaris Clowns

1x Cave Transparent Goby or Red Spotted Trimma fingerscrossed or Neon Goby

Vote for 2 nanos or an mp10.

Although in a ten I found a single nano to give plenty of flow. Two would give better induction but may be more flow than expected.

Its funny I keep wishing I had 2 mp10's for that reason.

im like. a reef god man

Lol sure :rolleyes:

Vote for 2 nanos or an mp10.

Although in a ten I found a single nano to give plenty of flow. Two would give better induction but may be more flow than expected.

Its funny I keep wishing I had 2 mp10's for that reason.

An Mp10 would be nice, but I don't have the money for it :(

I'll try 1 nano, see if I need more flow, and if I do, then I'll just add another.

Stocking list es perfect.

:) I'm thinking the cave goby + 2 clowns might be too much though? I think I'll probably end up with the 2 clowns and a neon goby, unless I can find a cave goby or a red spotted trimma :(