Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

I have a small dwarf fuzzy. Mine knows to come to corner of tank for food soon as flow is turned off. Hopefully it shows up soon. How long have you had it ?

Hope you find him.

Thanks, I hope so too :)

I have a small dwarf fuzzy. Mine knows to come to corner of tank for food soon as flow is turned off. Hopefully it shows up soon. How long have you had it ?

Not very long, only since earlier this week, Monday I think

I'm hoping he's just stuck himself in a cave covered by macros or something

I hope he's ok! They are sooo good at hiding and he's tiny, so I bet he's in there somewhere. I spent like 10 minutes yesterday trying to find one of my lions and never could figure out where he was. Then he just appeared suddenly. They blend in so well!

I doubt the scorp would both the tube nem. My lions sit on my corals all the time and don't bother any of them. I doubt he's rub into it that often and I bet the nem would just close and then reopen again.

• Like 1

The FTS looks great

Thank you :)

Guys, still no sign of the scorpion! :tears::tears::tears:

I had a YCG disappear for a month in my 55 (and then come back healthy), but that's a big size difference :/

• Like 1

The other night I spotted one of these little snails crawling on a string of chaeto, looked pretty cool

I have a bunch of these guys in the tank, they like to come out after lights out

IMG_697522.jpg

• Like 5

Here's another shot of the Sealei Cardinal, this time in my tank

IMG_6562.jpg

Do you still have your cardinal fish in there? Which LFS did you find this guy at? I'm considering adding a small cardinal to my tank. Have any info on this species? I'm having trouble finding anything with a google search. Thanks!

• Like 1

Do you still have your cardinal fish in there? Which LFS did you find this guy at? I'm considering adding a small cardinal to my tank. Have any info on this species? I'm having trouble finding anything with a google search. Thanks!

Yes, although the common name is terrible, Sealei is the species name of a different cardinal!

Its latin name is Ostorhinchus margaritophorus ok actually I might have an incorrect species name

I got this at Baja Reef in Union City (LFS I work at) but we don't ship, so you'd have to be local

It's a pretty neat cardinal, a bit uncommon. Easy to care for, mine loves pellets and any other food I put in the tank.

Here's the LA link: Sorry I can't find the LA page anymore

Oh no! I really hope he's just lurking and very camouflaged!

I don't know...I'm starting to worry. I've been checking the tank everyday and I still haven't seen him :tears:

Edited by yoshii

Hmmm I'm googling right now, but that cardinal may actually be Apogon holotaenia or Apogon margaritophorus

Fishbase isn't loading :angry:

I was not very smart and totally didn't see the mention of the range of Apogon holotaenia which is supposed to be the Western Indian Ocean. It's said not to be very common in the trade.

I did find the A. margaritophorus in two of the books in that stack. No mention of A. holotaenia. So I'm going to go with A. margaritophorus

I was going through an old photobucket account and found the first picture of the "Bob Ross Algae" Cladophoropsis sp.

DSC04086.png

So itty bitty!

• Like 3

New FTS!

IMG_689322.jpg

Beautiful FTS! :wub: I just realized I haven't been following your thread, but when I first started researching nanoreefs, your tank was one of the ones I really liked right away. When I started my 10g tank, I wanted to have lots of macro algae, and I used uncured live rock so I could get started right away. The plan all fell apart when I freaked out about undesirable algae and got a couple crabs to "fix" the problem. I eventually got rid of the crabs but now I have no macro algae at all :(

I'll just live vicariously through your thread and maybe try again some day :D

• Like 1

Beautiful FTS! :wub: I just realized I haven't been following your thread, but when I first started researching nanoreefs, your tank was one of the ones I really liked right away. When I started my 10g tank, I wanted to have lots of macro algae, and I used uncured live rock so I could get started right away. The plan all fell apart when I freaked out about undesirable algae and got a couple crabs to "fix" the problem. I eventually got rid of the crabs but now I have no macro algae at all :(

I'll just live vicariously through your thread and maybe try again some day :D

Thanks!

Oh that's cool! Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but you can add macros anytime you like now :D (do it! do it! do it!)

• Like 2

Thanks!

Oh that's cool! Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but you can add macros anytime you like now :D (do it! do it! do it!)

Hmmm. Maybe if I hadn't just bought about a million SPS frags from Zia's end of the world party. But you are definitely inspiring me to think about trying again B)

• Like 1

Yes, although the common name is terrible, Sealei is the species name of a different cardinal!

Its latin name is Ostorhinchus margaritophorus ok actually I might have an incorrect species name

I got this at Baja Reef in Union City (LFS I work at) but we don't ship, so you'd have to be local

It's a pretty neat cardinal, a bit uncommon. Easy to care for, mine loves pellets and any other food I put in the tank.

Here's the LA link: Sorry I can't find the LA page anymore

I don't know...I'm starting to worry. I've been checking the tank everyday and I still haven't seen him :tears:

Hmmm I'm googling right now, but that cardinal may actually be Apogon holotaenia or Apogon margaritophorus

Fishbase isn't loading :angry:

Ok time to go to more reliable sources

20150730_190405-1.jpg

I was not very smart and totally didn't see the mention of the range of Apogon holotaenia which is supposed to be the Western Indian Ocean. It's said not to be very common in the trade.

I did find the A. margaritophorus in two of the books in that stack. No mention of A. holotaenia. So I'm going to go with A. margaritophorus

Haha I sorta opened Pandora's box there huh? Thanks for the research! A. margaritophorus it is.

I'm in Sonoma so Union City is about an hour and a half for me but maybe if we're in the city I could swing over there at some point. I've been meaning to do a rounder of all the fish stores in the bay area. I've only been to Diablo Corals.

This tank should be TOTM

+1

• Like 2

Hmmm. Maybe if I hadn't just bought about a million SPS frags from Zia's end of the world party. But you are definitely inspiring me to think about trying again B)

Pssh, macros are dirt cheap compared to SPS :P

I'll just leave these here....

live-plants.com 14.99 shipping

LA Reefs 6.99 shipping

Haha I sorta opened Pandora's box there huh? Thanks for the research! A. margaritophorus it is.

I'm in Sonoma so Union City is about an hour and a half for me but maybe if we're in the city I could swing over there at some point. I've been meaning to do a rounder of all the fish stores in the bay area. I've only been to Diablo Corals.

Lol yeah, but now we both know :)

Ah, kinda far. That's like the only store I haven't been to haha. Jess seems like a cool guy though (from what I've gained on fb)

Hi Yoshii, did you find the little guy?

I did a brief check again this morning (I was running late to work) but still didn't see him :(

I think he's a goner :tears: :tears: :tears:

Now I feel really bad. He was doing great at the store, and then he died within a week in my tank. I just wonder what happened to him; why would he die? :(

• Like 3