Coral Vue Hydros

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Yeah, life got pretty crazy... Tank went a month with no one watching it other than the ATO and autofeeder. I love how low maintenance it is, but my calcium and alk were hurting. Might have to try kalk in the ATO water.

I thought it was dragon's breath, but the the guy at sustainable reefs had some types of halymenia in his display tank and what he was calling dragon's breath was different. The whole tongue, breath, flame, etc. was annoying so I just call it all halymenia now.

I'm going to Tahoe this weekend, but I can probably bring some by the store next week or weekend if you're in. I'll PM you about it.

Oh wow! I'm glad it didn't crash or anything :) Somewhere in this thread there's a nice discussion about different dosing methods if you want to check it out.

Oh you've been to SR? Is it a cool store? They have such weird hours I haven't been able to check it out :(

Haha yeah, go latin!

Sounds great, thank you! My friends say thanks too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Ordered some macros from Reefcleaners :D

Updates later this week ;)

You lied. You know what happens when you lie? Tangs get put in nanos.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry the quality is messed up :huh:

IMG_5194.jpg

Updated stock list in the first post. An evil crab from my 3g has been slowly killing off my fishies and inverts, except for my invincible Pom Pom Crab :)

As you can see, I took a lot of macros out (and kinda shoved the Gracilaria in the corner), mostly because they were shading other macros and had some GHA left on them

Edited by yoshii
  • 2 months later...
Update for August?

Last week I took a FTS and a pic of a new HH algae, but I guess I forgot to post them, whoops!

Anyways...since this has really turned into just a macro tank with a pom pom crab, the pom pom crab will be moved to another tank so he's not eaten by a new predator fishie :D

altolamprologus
Angler. I am certain of it.

It's all the rage these days.

You are wrong, good sir. Just don't try to beat the truth out of me, I won't tell!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh I almost forgot, this tank's 2 year birthday was earlier this month!

This calls for a new FTS, it looks pretty different now

Oh and I got a handful of Sargassum today :)

altolamprologus

It's looking a lit better now that the hair algae is gone. Although its missing one thing- fish. I think it's time to catch that damn crab and get some fish in there. Maybe try a pipefish again since you'll be around to feed it more?

It's not messy it's a macro tank.

That will be my new excuse, thanks Bongo :)

It's looking a lit better now that the hair algae is gone. Although its missing one thing- fish. I think it's time to catch that damn crab and get some fish in there. Maybe try a pipefish again since you'll be around to feed it more?

leeeaaaaffffiiissshhh