Pod Your Reef

Chalice thread

reef keeper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
floridian reefer
I just got these today to go with my other chalices in my cube.two in front are someone elses

101_0163.jpg

101_0166.jpg

what kind of lighting are you using?

bottom one,

DSCN2886.jpg

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

DSCN2902.jpg

Hey guys Kraylen made a really good video on fragging chalices. I had no clue how to frag them but this helped me a lot.

I got some of the frags from that video from kraylen!

IMG_1235.jpg

pic was taken under 2x ati aquablue plus and 2x 460nm powerbrites

in my experience chalices generally dont like high lighting. I have had some chalices that required to be in the shade or they would completly bleach out. I would say T5s are probably your best bet with chalices.

in my experience chalices generally dont like high lighting. I have had some chalices that required to be in the shade or they would completly bleach out. I would say T5s are probably your best bet with chalices.

I agree with John 1000 % most chalices will do excellent under PC lights.I have 150 watt MH and have some chalices that have to be shaded under a cliff or they bleach. The best thing to do is if you have a chalice is sandbed in full light.If you start to see white get it to the shade. If it starts to brown more light.

floridian reefer
I agree with John 1000 % most chalices will do excellent under PC lights.I have 150 watt MH and have some chalices that have to be shaded under a cliff or they bleach. The best thing to do is if you have a chalice is sandbed in full light.If you start to see white get it to the shade. If it starts to brown more light.

good guideline... thanks

Mine is under a 400w DE halide, it's just now starting to develop some blueish lines in it. The eyes used to be green but are now bright yellow. I think they are alot of coral and just take time to acclimate to different lighting, I kept mine shaded for a while.

fishez4alivin

Put the Original Mummy Eye under high light and it will turn orange on you too....

Check out this Tyree Red Watermelon, its at a LFS, it recently broke a 1/3 of it off from unsupported weight.

Watermelon016.jpg

I have my no name chalice in the upper third center of my tank (29 biocube) with 250w phoenix (13'' from the top of water) and it's never looked better. just my two cents

Put the Original Mummy Eye under high light and it will turn orange on you too....

Check out this Tyree Red Watermelon, its at a LFS, it recently broke a 1/3 of it off from unsupported weight.

Watermelon016.jpg

They could trade that for like a freakin car....

Archived