Innovative Marine Aquariums

cichlidtx's nanocube to 40br transfer

cichlidtx

It's been awhile since my last update so I thought I would share some pics. Everything has been good with the exception of a few chromis disappearing. This might explain the increased size of one of the RBTA's. Coral's are doing great, growth has been slow. Any suggestions to help with this would be appreciated. I've considered dosing Kalk as it's affordable for me at this time and I'm wanting to add some more SPS and a clam at some time. I have some new additions as well, thanks to a friend. All feedback is appreciated.

FTS

FTS090411.jpg

Left side

Leftside090411.jpg

Right side

Rightside090411.jpg

RBTA

RBTA090411.jpg

plate

Plate090411.jpg

Hammer hosting B/W

HammerHostingBW.jpg

Shroom

Shroom090411.jpg

Chalice

Chalice.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the kind of build that makes me only hope that mine comes close. Good job on the custom work. The black and white clowns are so great. They make a great contrast to all of the bright colors. The custom overflow box is also A+.

How is the skimmer working for you. Was thinking about adding one at some point in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Kiss, thanks for the compliments. I really enjoyed this build and learned a lot. The skimmer has been great, a little wet skim-mate but I don't have much of a bio-load. I need to add some more fish, just haven't decided yet. Your build is looking good, sump is nice. Looking forward to seeing your lighting.

What an AWESOME setup!!!!

I have never run a sump before and may need to ask you some questions when i set up my 45g long. Your plumbing/sump looks SUPERB!!!

snook/nanny thanks for the compliments. My research and patience is starting to pay off as my corals are looking nice. Snook, I'm no expert on sumps but I will be more than happy to help out.

Another Fantastic looking 40 breeder you got there cichlidtx!

Going to steal a few ideas if you dont mind for my build specificly the lid for the "toothless" overflow and the sump setup.

Again this tank rocks!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, I will when I finish it. I have some 6up LDD boards on there way. I will post some pics when I get it finished, as well as some current tank pics. I've been lazy lately.

Fugewithalgae.jpg

Just went through your thread again for plumbing inspiration, what's the capped end off the fuge split on the tee? How come you didn't just use a 90 there?

ChouDawg, I did that for furture expansion like a media reactor. I haven't added one yet, maybe carbon/GFO setup.

Ah, makes sense I thought maybe it was for a water change port or something. Couple more questions for you if you don't mind, did/do you have any issues with your return siphoning water out of the fuge?

With the T above the return to the fuge, I've heard some people had issues with very little flow going to the fuge it ends up acting like a venturi pulling water out of the fuge if the output is underwater. Also how did you determine flow to your fuge? I'm a bit OCD so i was planning to have a bucket and calculate the GPH to get it around 100GPH but the more i think about it the sillier that sounds lol

P.S: If I haven't mentioned already, your tank looks amazing, I hope mine will look as nice!

I haven't had any issues return siphoning at all. As far as flow in the fuge, I just eyeballed it. Enough flow to not allow to much detritus to settle. I just recently changed my return pump to a DC type as I was tired of the noise from the mag7. Thanks for the compliments and you have any more questions let me know.

Here's a relatively new FTS. My video card went out on my desktop that has all my recent pics. New video card will be here monday.

FTS4913_zpsa80eb0f4.jpg?t=1375502832

I haven't had any issues return siphoning at all. As far as flow in the fuge, I just eyeballed it. Enough flow to not allow to much detritus to settle. I just recently changed my return pump to a DC type as I was tired of the noise from the mag7. Thanks for the compliments and you have any more questions let me know.

Cool I feel better with my fuge tee off the same as yours then. Crap...I have a Mag 7 return for my setup too :( even with the flex pvc you still had bad noise? Mine is going to be all rigid PVC except maybe a small section from the pump to the return tee off to reduce vibrations.

It was an older pump that I replaced impeller and the housing. It was a humming sound that bothered me. Now its the fan on the Meanwell PS that's making all the noise, that's another story.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome tank. Didn't know you were on Nano-reef... we should definitely trade some corals at some point, I'm pretty sure I've messaged you before about a trade on HFB, and then it just didn't happen because I got busy with school

Awesome tank. Didn't know you were on Nano-reef... we should definitely trade some corals at some point, I'm pretty sure I've messaged you before about a trade on HFB, and then it just didn't happen because I got busy with school

It's a small world. Yeah, we did message about trading corals on HFB. I agree about needing to trade some corals. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Amazing tank! I really like your canopy! I am thinking using your design for mine. Do you happen to have more pictures of it?

Sorry for such a late response you probably built your canopy by now, but here some pics of the build.

frame

020711canopyframe1.jpg

closeup of joint type, pocket hole

020711canopyframe.jpg

the top

021211canopy.jpg

021211canopy2.jpg

before doors

021211canopy1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived