Pod Your Reef

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

All,

I am traveling for 2 weeks next month and am considering selling my entire reef system.

The build has been well documented in this thread.

All livestock would go with the tank as well as supplements, and lots of extra goodies.

I apologize for the cyano bacteria problems but here's a picture from today. The lights just came on so everything isn't quite awake yet:

DSC_0056.JPG

This tank is over two years old now.

PM me offers. Please, please, do not insult me and send me low ball offers.

I have invested thousands of dollars in this setup and I would rather give the coral away and keep the hardware than sell it all for something silly like $500.

Thanks,

D

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never sold the tank. It lived through the trip to Fiji without issue.

Hoping to clean up some of the algae and trip some of the corals. Everything is now touching the front glass!!!

Will try and get pictures ASAP.

Hope all is well.

Never sold the tank. It lived through the trip to Fiji without issue.

Hoping to clean up some of the algae and trip some of the corals. Everything is now touching the front glass!!!

Will try and get pictures ASAP.

Hope all is well.

I was wondering what happend to this tank. I'm glad everything turned out well.

Updated FTS from just a few moments ago.

Really, really getting old!

DSC_0382.JPG?gl=US

DSC_0383.JPG?gl=US

DSC_0388.JPG?gl=US

You can see where I normally scrape the glass continually breaks off the birdsnest but it is getting so thick at those points now that I am moving the entire rock when I clean the glass, so I'm having to use a razor blade on a a small skewer. Not sure how long that will last!

Went to Fiji on my honeymoon and snorkeled.

Figure you all might recognize a few things!

DSCN0384.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0642.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0650.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0660.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0665.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0671.JPG?gl=US

DSCN0719.JPG?gl=US

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates? One of the few monthly winners still running! I love it, and especially like seeing it with algae and other issues because it's more realistic and still looks great.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Been MIA for a while.

I sold a LOT of my livestock out of the 20L back in the first of the year and have moved about two weeks ago.

Amazingly I still have a ton of coral. The move went really well although my large green digitata broke into a number of pieces and STN'ed significantly (can see in the video that it has recovered and what remains should be sufficient to grow back).

The euphyllia in the tank (the only thing I refused to sell as my intention was actually to do a fully genus specific tank) are super, super happy.

Enjoy the video - hope everyone here is doing well.

Also - the controller is still original and the tank was nearly 2.5 years old when I moved it. The rocks had not been moved in that length of time. Moving it took a full day and was immensely stressful. I had a 6 page bullet-ed list I followed to a tee and it went surprisingly well.

Best wishes,

D

Hello everyone,

Been MIA for a while.

I sold a LOT of my livestock out of the 20L back in the first of the year and have moved about two weeks ago.

Amazingly I still have a ton of coral. The move went really well although my large green digitata broke into a number of pieces and STN'ed significantly (can see in the video that it has recovered and what remains should be sufficient to grow back).

The euphyllia in the tank (the only thing I refused to sell as my intention was actually to do a fully genus specific tank) are super, super happy.

Enjoy the video - hope everyone here is doing well.

Also - the controller is still original and the tank was nearly 2.5 years old when I moved it. The rocks had not been moved in that length of time. Moving it took a full day and was immensely stressful. I had a 6 page bullet-ed list I followed to a tee and it went surprisingly well.

Best wishes,

D

Glad to hear the tank survived the move and your still enjoying the hobby!

Where did you stay in Fiji?

My fiancé and I are looking to go for our honeymoon, first 2 weeks of October.

We are looking at Likuliku

Glad to hear the tank survived the move and your still enjoying the hobby!

Thanks Hype - hope you've been doing well.

I'll have to catch up on your thread. Still enjoying the hobby although my time is severely limited due to my new company's recent uptick in work. Can't complain though.

Hopefully I'll be able to invest more time in the tank now that it is in my home office!

Where did you stay in Fiji?

My fiancé and I are looking to go for our honeymoon, first 2 weeks of October.

We are looking at Likuliku

We stayed at the Westin on Denarau Island.

We also went the middle two weeks of October. Congrats - there is nothing better in the world than honeymooning in Fiji.

I'd love to tell you more about the things we did and recommend a few places if you'd like.

We spent one night on Octopus Resort in the Yasawas - would love to go to the Blue Lagoon for a few days next time I am there.

We did the sea spray sailing adventure and although it rained miserably the first hour it was one of the most enjoyable times we had. met lots of other people and got to snorkel for about two hours on Monoriki, which is the island that the movie Castaway was filmed on.

Best wishes to you and your fiance,

D

Thanks for the info, we will definitely have to talk to the planner about the cast away tour; sounds awesome.

Did you do any diving? My fiancé is certified but I am not. Can you see a lot snorkeling or do you reccomend getting certified for diving?

Archived