Pod Your Reef

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys!

Debugging arduino can really be a PITA! I'll be using a DIY StormX controller for this and all is fine other than I think I've got some stray voltage somewhere or some grounding issue. Dawn ramp-up starts fine but halts at some 30%. And during day when reseting the board it starts with a nice strobe. Talking about some StormX indeed. :lol: So I have to set it on manual and just use traditional timer to power the LDDs. So I get to use the light ok, but I really need to get off of my arse and go get some more 0,5mm soldering wire today and maybe rewire the RTC unit. As I've understood that 165:165 error means theres something awry with the clock and its wiring. But hey-ho, things haven't caught fire yet so I'm all god on that part.

• 4 months later...

Man I must be the worst updater on the whole site. Sry.

Anyways, been slowly updating the old equipment. Replaced ye good olde tunze clamps with those new silence clamps and added wide-flow kit front ends as well. Must say I like the flow much better now as seem to like the corals as well.

Linked the light to profilux from the arduino.

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/twittfooth/media/Reef%20538/56B9FD55-096C-4AF0-9B4E-636569195C98_zpsyljwprgq.jpg.html'>56B9FD55-096C-4AF0-9B4E-636569195C98_zps

And started with my new fuge lights today..

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/twittfooth/media/Reef%20538/20993FD4-BA1C-4CC2-A780-FC8D4FAD5AFF_zpsnyankp8y.jpg.html'>20993FD4-BA1C-4CC2-A780-FC8D4FAD5AFF_zps

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/twittfooth/media/Reef%20538/69F99FD2-5F37-45CE-BEB2-66EE5E22DF8E_zpse4i2mio6.jpg.html'>69F99FD2-5F37-45CE-BEB2-66EE5E22DF8E_zps

Slowly, to say the least. Diodes, LDDs, optics and power are currently enroute.

Then some soldering and wiring.. Pretty straightforward. Should be ready by christmas. :P

Here's a list of diodes to be used:

410nm

460nm

490nm

620nm

And here's a short timelapse (with filthy glass) of sundown.

jedimasterben

What is that for? (the timer, anyway, I don't know of any drivers that accept a 12-24v dimming signal)

That's a driver in itself actually. As I'm about to build two completely different lights here. The LDD board will be used for my sump light (profilux controlled) and that timer thingy will be used as a stand alone nano unit. Fuge light comes first as a sort of prototype for the concept. Actual nano units will look slightly different.

Not a whole lot of color blending going on... I assume the fixture is being held really close to the surface the light is hitting in those photos.

Thanks Kat! All is well with things. Been just lurking around lately as things have been slightly hectic at my end. :)

TJ - light is only raised enough from the surface to get the colours. <2 inches or so with 45 degree optics. Someone (not pointing any fingers here :P ) forgot to buy more royal blues, so there's a slight cyan overload going on right now. Issue will be dealt with at some point. Or not. We'll see.

Archived