SaltCritters.com

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

Thanks. I had tried the drugs ahead of time, but that didn't really do much for the tank.

Oh snap you meant....got it. :lol:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after all is said & done, you like your LED fixture so far?

I might have the opportunity to get a 225gal for FREE, and I'm kinda brainstorming about lights and other equipment...

This would be a nice jump from my BC14 :lol:

Thanks. I had tried the drugs ahead of time, but that didn't really do much for the tank.

Oh snap you meant....got it. :lol:

Drugs are bad mmm-kay.

So after all is said & done, you like your LED fixture so far?

I might have the opportunity to get a 225gal for FREE, and I'm kinda brainstorming about lights and other equipment...

This would be a nice jump from my BC14 :lol:

Yeah. All pros and cons taken into consideration I do like it. Growth is the same as before, color temp can be tweaked by adjusting output levels and even by replacing some LEDs with new if need be.. And practicality is great, no more bulb changes (saves me nearly 200€ per annum) and now I'm using 200W less power with full power and I got tank temp down by 2 degrees celcius (from 27 to 25).

As for the 225 you MUST go for it. Just take it slow and you're golden. And remember to keep us posted on the progress. :D

That is so awesome... do you plan to raise the fry?

Probably not. I have my 4wk vacation starting in a week so time wise I could, but I just don't think I can be bothered. Not this time at least. They lay a new batch every 2 to 3 weeks just as my green clown gobies do.

Probably not. I have my 4wk vacation starting in a week so time wise I could, but I just don't think I can be bothered. Not this time at least. They lay a new batch every 2 to 3 weeks just as my green clown gobies do.

Yeah.. it can be quite an undertaking. Enjoy your vacation!

BTW... do you happen to know the approx age of your clowns? I have a pair in my tank, im interested on what age yours started mating.

Last batch of Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium refill has just been taken into use and as soon as it runs out I'm about to embark on a DIY journey when it comes to balling method. More accurately, I'm about to start Balling method Individual Plus. I can only quess what my local post personnel must be thinking as I've been there quite a few times lately picking up high precision scale, wide variety of different chemicals and other funky peripheral.

Oh and the tank has been completely wrapped in black plastic! :lol: Three days blackout should do the trick and eliminate all cyano.

Oh and the tank has been completely wrapped in black plastic! :lol: Three days blackout should do the trick and eliminate all cyano.

I've been having a bit of a cyano problem too! I didn't even think about that.

Blackouts do miracles. Just remember not to black it out for over 3 days straight so you won't kill any photosynthetic corals too.

That's pretty cool. I think mine are doing the same but I can't get back there to see it. Tried a mirror...can't find anything.

Humidity in cabinet? Not for me, thank you very much!

aebc07fd.jpg

06ec59fd.jpg

6991dcf5.jpg

Plumbed in a fan blowing 99m3 per hour (100mm / 4inch duct) into cabinet just over my sump.

Could this mean someone is about to add something electronic in there?

!

5996e9dd.jpg

Powerbar (6D-D-PAB) and some sensors (pH, temp, redox..) didn't get into picture as I forgot to add them. Loads of junk nevertheless.

And something visual..

file.jpg

New 3-part balling storage tank

file-1.jpg

From a different angle

file-5.jpg

And there it went next to kalkwasser ATO reservoir and cryptic sump (note the sleek GHL dosing pump)

file-2.jpg

"Wet-side" of the cabinet

file-3.jpg

GHL Profilux sensor battery

file-4.jpg

ATO-rod (white float is the emergency switch while below the black optical sensor is the main sensor with 0,5mm level marginal

5996e9dd.jpg

Powerbar (6D-D-PAB) and some sensors (pH, temp, redox..) didn't get into picture as I forgot to add them. Loads of junk nevertheless.

You are definitely younger than I thought.

:bowdown:

bow-down-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

You are definitely younger than I thought.
LMAO!! I couldn't keep a straight face in this meeting. Lol!

Just goes to prove that palytoxin > botox! :lol:

Archived