The tank has arrived!

IMG_0958.jpg

Standing on it's left side

IMG_0959.jpg

From an angle

IMG_0960.jpg

Straight ahead

IMG_0961.jpg

Corner overflow. Water will flow from forward facing pane only to maximise circularion in tank

IMG_0962.jpg

Holes. Inside diameter 40mm pipe goes to left and 32mm return to right

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gabe - I actually could fit my 4 month old son in there. And he's a big guy too! But the wife might disapprove of it so I leave it to your imagination... :lol:

So here's some more crappy iPhone protography for you people!

Stand (not finished) and NAC7:

459492dd.jpg

Had to move the back brace to make room for the filter sock holder:

0cec1ede.jpg

1st layer of paint on the sump (3 sides):

9d2b9ca3.jpg

Yes we aim to please - picture of the little fella in the tank (propably not in overflow though) will come one day. And that's a promise, so keep on checking in as this monster slowly takes it's shape.

Oh, I just finished siligoning in the baffles in my sump. Glass for bubbletraps is already cut, but I wait for these seams to cure before adding those. And I even got some more grainy iphone pictures for you. Wife went out with my DSLR (I recall hearing something about shooting blueberries and lingonberries etc..).

1fa6cbc9.jpg

4b9136f6.jpg

Preliminary scape done. Rock and sand are in. Pics coming tomorrow as the water clears up. 200 micron filter sock polishing the water.

Gabe-j: I know I'm a failure. I just totally forgot the baby-shot you asked. Maybe when he learns to swim? :lol:

Preliminary scape done. Rock and sand are in. Pics coming tomorrow as the water clears up. 200 micron filter sock polishing the water.

Gabe-j: I know I'm a failure. I just totally forgot the baby-shot you asked. Maybe when he learns to swim? :lol:

Can't wait to see pictures!

I think pics of a baby in an inner tube or on a raft in a reef tank would be way funnier than a baby in an empty tank!

oh wow it looks like its glowing... cool. and hey don't worry about the pic, thats why they make baby sized pool floats i'm sure it would fit.and like fewskillz said it would be a pretty funny pic.

Thank you all. Yes the water actually did glow! It was filled with a few billion dust particles as the pics were taken. The it cleared up for a couple of days and now it's back to sandstorm biotope as I just installed 2x tunze 6055 with multicontroller to this beast. And I managed to conceal them pretty well too, while still having them nearly at plain sight for easy maintenance. Ahh, the joys of large enough tank.

New pics? Nah - it looks just the same as before.

That aqauscape is tight as, my good sir. Forgive my blindness, but what are your stocking plans for this thing mate? I assume heavily focused towards SPS will be the order of the day?

That rockwork is just screaming out for some Acro love...

Your assumptions were spot on my good man! This tank will get it's due share of some sweet sweet SPS love while still having plenty (and then some) room for some LPS niceness with some zoa/ric here and there to finish the package with some oomph! Too bad the selections in this corner of the world are infinitely limited and scarce. I'd may give both kidneys for some fruit loop zoas. :lol:

Basically the stocklist consists of whatever I have going on in my 60gal tank minus the dull and the drab and some new additions along the way.

I just "rescued" one Acanthurus triostegus, one Gobiodon histrio and one Lysmata wurdemanni from my overflow.. Need to conjure up something to kee the fishies (and inverts) on the right side.

Anyways, some 15 mins later my histrio pair were spawning. Which was nice! :closedeyes:

Thanks jae4571!

I'm glad I took those pictures already as my sandbed is starting to get a nice brownish tan to it with the added bioload. :lol: All living thins are doing nicely and water parameters are holding stable.

Tomorrow should bring me some more CUC along with purple encrusting montipora and green polyp superman montipora. And I'm really trying not to add things too fast,as this is something like 50% moving the old tank and 50% starting a new one with cured rock. My skimmer is pushing up nice blackish skimmate (set to skim a bit wet to remove maximum amount of nutriens). And boy is that NAC7 silent. I mean I wouldn't know whether it was even on if it didn't produce mad amount of the finest bubbles. :D Love it!

I must try to get some work done on the stand this weekend as it's still missing the doors. I've already c ome up with a fiendish plan as for door mechanism to be "child proof". I have power tools in case it turns out to be fool proof as well! fingerscrossed

Anyways, glad that you stopped by - feel free to comment my progress (or lack of it thereoff).

Archived