Top Shelf Aquatics

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!!!! :happy:

I´m currently pretty much in the middle of the atlantic ocean on a small volcanic island so internet isn´t exactly something I look forward to use on daily basis... But let´s say all things fishy are on pretty darn good sort here. Both underwater and on my plate.

Wish you could all be here for some fine diving and fine dining. The nice lot of you at least. :lol:

altolamprologus
Wish you could all be here for some fine diving and fine dining. The nice lot of you at least. :lol:

Buy me plane ticket and I'll be there asap :P

Back home!

Tank has been on 100% autopilot for nearly a fortnight and understandably glasses were in need of some serious magfloat action. Other than that everything was just perfect - my male Pseudanthias squamipinnis had switched to full-on flamboyant show-adult coloration of deep purple with yellow and red specs... Oh, and my tuxedo urchin seems to be growing a zoa mat on it's back.. Maybe I should travel more to improve my tank. :lol:

Yeah when we stop messing with it all the time it always does better. Maybe everyone just sees that your not looking and stops tryin to look pretty...and just acts normal.

:happydance:
Thats awesome!
I love this tank. That is all.
Wow he's gorgeous!

Thank you all! Thank you all a LOT! :blush:

And let me present you my latest tech addition from a few hours back.. Solid 100lbs of backup power!!

13c1580d.jpg

522b1b42.jpg

altolamprologus
Right you are, matey. Dunno why I wrote hammer. Old age? :wacko:

:lol: maybe. Maybe you've been sniffing too much palytoxin and it's getting to your head?

Your hammer is a frogspawn :P Still looks very nice though :)

Ha. I was like 'where is the hammer?' looks great as always. I really like those zoas. They had a few of those across the street once. Back when I couldn't seem to keep them...

saltwatercoral
This just in:

Zoas and purple-tip hammer.

8099b63c.jpg

Whats the acro looking one called to the left of the Zoas? Looks nice!

:lol: maybe. Maybe you've been sniffing too much palytoxin and it's getting to your head?

Sniffing is for kittens. I shoot up palytoxin extract. :ninja:

Ha. I was like 'where is the hammer?' looks great as always. I really like those zoas. They had a few of those across the street once. Back when I couldn't seem to keep them...

Thanks. They look a lot like Emeralds on Fire. Not that I would care what someone calls them. Nice coral = nice coral and scientific names are the ones that count. Although, emeralds on fire are sold for 50dollar/polyp whereas I paid 30€ for a colony of 50+ polyps. ;)

Its been a long time since you post your FTS Aquanist, any march update ? .. :D

Maybe on friday.. Pretty hectic right now with work, family and such. But I'll try.

Whats the acro looking one called to the left of the Zoas? Looks nice!

The "acroish" thingy is Acropora millepora. :D

How often do you guys clean up your skimmers? Mine has been making nice poo-ey candy floss for some 18months now and yesterday I decided it was time to do some spring cleaning. Not that I'd noticed any decrease in skim mate or anything.. It's just that these do need to be cleaned at some point, right? :lol:

This is what was waiting for me..

978b36bc.jpg

12643477.jpg

3784dc23.jpg

1dfaa1c6.jpg

After 30mins bubbling in vinegar and some elbow grease it was good as new and ready for some more brown foamy brine.. Difference in output? Didn't notice any. :) Makes me love this cheap chinese piece of acrylic even more! :lol: Talking about bang for a buck!

And along came this morning and I decided to tweak in some extra redundancy..

Take 1 ATO sensor with power plug and attach it to overflow lid so you can adjust the maximum water level it allows and install the plug between UPS and return pump. Now in that very unlikely situation that my drain would get clogged that ATO sensor would cut off my return long before any chance for overflowing and/or the actual ATO pumping in too much fresh RO to dilute the salinity. And the sensor is set to be adjustable in height so it can even cut off before mu return runs dry in case my ATO reservoir is/was empty or close to. Have you worked out something similar? B)

10a546c9.jpg

09f9216d.jpg

996c04f0.jpg

b502fbce.jpg

Working on going through the thread and I must say I love your tank and its well put together.

I must ask what do you do for a living because I must do that so when I grow up I can afford this.

Working on going through the thread and I must say I love your tank and its well put together.

I must ask what do you do for a living because I must do that so when I grow up I can afford this.

Just get yourself a few trucks for domestic transport and be married to the firm 24/7. That should do it. Or maybe just get any other decent job you feel comfortable and take things slowly and get most of your livestock by trading with local reefers for next to nothing.. :lol:

Whatever you do, do something that you like. That's the most important thing. Everything else will come in time.

Archived