SaltCritters.com

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

This tank started as The Behemoth for nearly 2 years as it was a rickety contraption dreamed up from the darker places of human soul. However, now has finally come the day it has evolved into it's own near-planetary ecosystem with all bits and bobs. I present to you ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha - the pinnacle of my personal reefing experience (mostly harmless).

Order has been placed for a custom built 140x70x55cm (you do the math) tank with 2 holes and back + left side tinted black.

Coming soon to this site near you.

EDIT:

Current setup:

• Tanks:
  • Display: 140 x 70 x 55cm (56 x 28 x 22 inches)
  • Sump: 70 x 50 x 40cm (28 x 20 x 16 inches)
  • Cryptic sump 50 x 40 x 40cm (20 x 16 x 16 inches) filled to the brim with premium LR filled with various sponges, worms, foraminiferans...
  • Main tank Plumbing:
    - drain 40mm (1 3/4 inch)
    - return 32mm (1 1/4 inch)
  • Cryptic tank Plumbing:
    - drain 32mm (1 1/4 inch)
    - return 32mm (1 1/4 inch) teed off of main return and flow controlled with 2 ball valves.

Equipment:

• 2x Tunze 6105 stream
  • Tunze 6015 stream in cryptic tank
  • Eheim 1262 return pump
  • eheim 1048 and 1250 feed pumps
  • PhosBan 150 reactor for biopellets
  • PhosBan 150 reactor for carbon and PO4 remover
  • Jäger 150W heater
  • Bubble Magus NAC7 skimmer
  • Eco-Lamp KR93 200W LED
  • 2x 10W LED refugium light
  • GHL Profilux 3 EX aquarium controller
  • GHL 4-channel dosing pump
  • APC Smart-UPS 750XL with additional APC battery pack
  • Emergency killswitch sensor to shut off return pump if water level rises in display

Fish:
  • Zebrasoma flavescens
  • Zebrasome xanthurum
  • Paracanthurus hepatus
  • 6 Pseudanthias squamipinnis (1M+5F)
  • 2 Amphiprion ocellaris (M+F)
  • 2 Gobiodon histrio (M+F)
  • 2 Pterosynchiropus splendidus (M+F)
  • Labroides dimiatus
  • Centropyge bispinosus
  • Crysiptera hemicyanea
  • Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
  • Atrosalarias fuscus

Jan 2012:

6c95a2cd.jpg

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Order has been placed for a custom built 140x70x55cm (you do the math) tank with 2 holes and back + left side tinted black.

Coming soon to this site near you.

Gudamm!!!!..............

tagging along

The tank has been scheduled to be finished by the end of the month. Could have had it sooner, but I just need the time to decide whether to make my own wooden stand or to have aluminium stand made. Plus ordering various stuff from Germany...

Got me 40kilos of coral sand 0,3-1,0mm grain size (sugar size). I might ditch the idea of using my 60gal as a sump as it wouldn't allow for the new display to mature out enough. However, I do have a 30 gallon (70x50x30cm) tank stored away somewhere. Might use it as a sump. And I really should get me a skimmer for this.

Sorry no reference pic of the tank to come as it will be custom built accordingly to my specifications. The world just hasn't seen such yet. :lol: But there will be rims. Oh yeah - BIG ones too! Dropped by the tank workshop of my lfs today to discuss about hole diameters. One will be 57mm and other 44mm.

But here's some more grainy iPhone photography for you all.

3ddad8b7.jpg

4deee1d7.jpg

30bd53de.jpg

1st stones are cast. Live base rock with new dry stuff. More water and rock underway. (old juwel 30 gallon)

704c4172.jpg

My "new" sump to be. (35gallons)

547913d0.jpg

First 50kg (110lbs) of sand arrived yesterday. 25kg coral sand and 25kg aragonite, both sugar size grain. More sand (1-3mm grain) still to come.

And I've decided on what skimmer to get. Just placed order for Bubble Magus NAC7 cone skimmer.

My FW tank will be picked up nesxt week, and I'll start to build the stand for this monster. A few details must still be considered. Will I make the stand to have hinged doors, sliding doors, removable front panels... The basic structure is pretty straightforward nevertheless, so I can get started with that. 22mm film veneer on bottom and top and 6 2x2 laminated veneer lumber. Back and left side will be 6mm veneer bolted to both vertical beams and top/bottom ply for structural integrity.

Not much pictures to show off yet.. Tank should be here within fortnight though. ;)

Thanks Yoshii! Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay! :lol:

Pika808 - I got the dry rock from Here. I'm so going to get some more of the same rock now that I've seen the light. It's not the cheapest rock available but as I was taught "poor man can't afford to buy the cheapest". :lol:

Plumbing parts along with 40kg (88lbs) salt and 20kg coral sand (3mm grain) has been dispatched today from Germany. UPS standard so ETA would be within a week.

And yesterday I ordered the skimmer for this creation. Ended up with Bubble Magus NAC7 cone skimmer instead of Aqua Excel AE-CH cone. Better availability of spare parts was the factor behing the choice. Ordered a spare pump and meshwheel for it already. Better safe...

My freshwater tank will be picked up on sunday, and the new tank would be here someday next week. I already have the film veneer for top/bottom slabs for my stand. More parts coming within a week.

No pics. Sorry.

They had siliconed it today and wanted my input on the corner overflow. It's not going to have overflow comb at all. Just water flowing over the glass. And the forward facing pane will be covered with black food grade plastic.

Pics will be come next week as they deliver the tank. Maybe thursday.

Archived