Innovative Marine Aquariums

マングローブラグーン

Giga

I'm finally getting around to setting up my new tank. Here's my old thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...235561&st=0

My inspiration

palaurockisland.jpg

palaurockislands1.jpg

I'm pretty handy so I like to build everything-plus I enjoy the build of it all- so it's goona be mostly diy. This time round I'm going to try and model everything off of ADA cleanness and try and make it look very natural. It's gonna be hard but I think I can do it. Tank will be 40x20x10 and 3D :lol: and yes there will be mangroves in this, around 15ish red and black, and maybe even white if I can find any :huh:

July FTS-------------------------------- August FTS

tank008z.jpghalfway012.jpg

September FTS-----------------------October FTS

dsc01715y.jpgnewshots007.jpg

November FTS

dscn47460.jpg

anyway leave you with some pics-dual bottom base

newtank.jpg

the rest of the glass-the glass shop cut this wrong and I had to get it recut but they got it done and a polished edge

glass011.jpg

and a toy came in today

mp10002.jpg

stay tuned

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will do I had the same idea let me know how it turns out.... I wanted to do a 63" x 19" x 14"... Love the idea's keep it up.

those are palu islands-I' m really exited about his tank as it's my dream tank. This might be a slow build but I will still keep posting pictures as things go on to make sure things stay interesting.

On a side not my dril crapped out so I can't drill the holes for the overflow so I got to get a new drill <_<. There will also be another hidden pump inside the overflow that will power the waterfalls :o yep water falls :o

here's a couple red mangroves that i've had for a while

dsc00956lm.jpg

also why not some more insperation

coralgrowth8.jpg

coralgrowth2.jpg

coralgrowth10.jpg

Those 3 SPS Reefs are amazing. I like the second one a lot!

that is my favorite too- I plan on having two islands on the right will be a mini version of the that picture and the left island of the palau island

that is my favorite too- I plan on having two islands on the right will be a mini version of the that picture and the left island of the palau island
This is going to be sweet.

nothing really new to report for the day-I tried drilling the bottom of my tank but after 10 holes my holes saw is duller then dull and it took 1 hour to drill 1/4" into 3/8" so gonn ahve to order a new diamond saw. anywho how bout more insperation

d3x6973.jpg

d705610.jpg

I've never heard of montipora in mangrove lagoons. Cool.

acually the outer edge of mangroves forests are covered with coral. I don't know if ic ould achieve this becuase you need thick old root and mine kinda don't cut it lol

I've decided for my mangrove/waterfall island I'm going to use my 70w Japanese spot light suplemented with 10 royal blue leds-This light puts out some serious par for a 70w, it is proablly becuase it's 6,5k but the royal blue should help make it just under 10k

dscn2632.jpg

I have decided what to use for the little coral island on the right side of the tank led, MH or t5 os some combination of ther of-gots to think :happy:

Archived