• 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA

I'm finally getting around to setting up my new tank. Here's my old thread:
http://www.nano-reef...?...235561&st=0

My inspiration
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm pretty handy so I like to build everything-plus I enjoy the build of it all- so it's goona be mostly diy. This time round I'm going to try and model everything off of ADA cleanness and try and make it look very natural. It's gonna be hard but I think I can do it. Tank will be 40x20x10 and 3D :lol: and yes there will be mangroves in this, around 15ish red and black, and maybe even white if I can find any :huh:

July FTS-------------------------------- August FTS
Posted ImagePosted Image
September FTS-----------------------October FTS
Posted ImagePosted Image
November FTS
Posted Image

anyway leave you with some pics-dual bottom base
Posted Image

the rest of the glass-the glass shop cut this wrong and I had to get it recut but they got it done and a polished edge
Posted Image

and a toy came in today
Posted Image

stay tuned

Edited by Giga, 29 December 2010 - 05:25 PM.

Mangrove Forest               Black Lagoon                Guide to growing mangroves

mangrovefeature.jpg

Bonsai                                                                                                                                                                                 The Drop Off

Small Frag

Small Frag

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 09 Mar 2010
Will do I had the same idea let me know how it turns out.... I wanted to do a 63" x 19" x 14"... Love the idea's keep it up.

Uhuru

Uhuru

hi

• Members
  • 2,469 posts
  • Joined 04 Mar 2007
tuned in...

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
Beautiful inspiration :)
Tagging along for this one!

55gal: Reef - 10g: Leaffish Macro-Algae Tank - 3g: Pico Reef - 1.6g: Mini Macro Tank

I swear yoshii you turn every thread into a chat box lol!!!

Lack of research is the biggest down fall of people in this hobby.

cheryl jordan

cheryl jordan

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,820 posts
  • Joined 10 Nov 2008
Is that Tonga or Palau in the pictures ?

I love mangroves :D

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
I can't wait to see this turn out.

Soopa1

Soopa1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Joined 17 Feb 2010
  • Greensboro, NC
Will follow. Had a similar idea for my next tank, although thats still waaaay off.

My 20H Version 2.0 Decommissioned
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=247740

My 75 Gallons of Mu lit rockwall
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=272635

83045838.gif

Chrismck97

Chrismck97

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 14 Mar 2010
hoe do you follow threads

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA

those are palu islands-I' m really exited about his tank as it's my dream tank. This might be a slow build but I will still keep posting pictures as things go on to make sure things stay interesting.

On a side not my dril crapped out so I can't drill the holes for the overflow so I got to get a new drill <_<. There will also be another hidden pump inside the overflow that will power the waterfalls :o yep water falls :o

here's a couple red mangroves that i've had for a while
Posted Image

also why not some more insperation
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Giga, 29 July 2010 - 12:36 PM.

Mangrove Forest               Black Lagoon                Guide to growing mangroves

mangrovefeature.jpg

Bonsai                                                                                                                                                                                 The Drop Off

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Those 3 SPS Reefs are amazing. I like the second one a lot!

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Those 3 SPS Reefs are amazing. I like the second one a lot!

that is my favorite too- I plan on having two islands on the right will be a mini version of the that picture and the left island of the palau island

mangrovefeature.jpg

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
omgomgomg

I cannot wait to see this tank!

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA

omgomgomg

I cannot wait to see this tank!

:ninja:

mangrovefeature.jpg

seabass

seabass

Do I look serious?

• Premium Members
  • 12,472 posts
  • Joined 03 Jun 2003
  • Iowa

that is my favorite too- I plan on having two islands on the right will be a mini version of the that picture and the left island of the palau island

This is going to be sweet.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

chrssprngs

chrssprngs

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 20 Feb 2010
Along for the ride.

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA
nothing really new to report for the day-I tried drilling the bottom of my tank but after 10 holes my holes saw is duller then dull and it took 1 hour to drill 1/4" into 3/8" so gonn ahve to order a new diamond saw. anywho how bout more insperation

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Giga, 31 July 2010 - 07:08 AM.

mangrovefeature.jpg

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
I've never heard of montipora in mangrove lagoons. Cool.

got2envy

got2envy

Ridin' Dirty

• Members
  • 9,453 posts
  • Joined 11 May 2007
  • **West Palm Beach, FL** Relocated to Dallas, TX
Me neither! this a very cool idea Giga...following along :ninja:

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA

I've never heard of montipora in mangrove lagoons. Cool.

acually the outer edge of mangroves forests are covered with coral. I don't know if ic ould achieve this becuase you need thick old root and mine kinda don't cut it lol

mangrovefeature.jpg

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
I knew there was lots of coral but I never knew montis where there. Interesting.

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA
yeah I'm not a huge fan of monties but I think 1 larger colony on the rock work should look good-we'll see

mangrovefeature.jpg

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Definetly.

Giga

Giga

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Joined 17 Aug 2007
  • Virginia Beach, VA
I've decided for my mangrove/waterfall island I'm going to use my 70w Japanese spot light suplemented with 10 royal blue leds-This light puts out some serious par for a 70w, it is proablly becuase it's 6,5k but the royal blue should help make it just under 10k

Posted Image

I have decided what to use for the little coral island on the right side of the tank led, MH or t5 os some combination of ther of-gots to think :happy:

mangrovefeature.jpg

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
That's really cool.

You don't see spot lights in the US that much.

steely185

steely185

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • Richmond, VA
Looking forward to seeing it up and running. Mangrove tanks are always interesting.