Cultivated Reef

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

HAHA you and I my friend must be on the same cycle. I pretty much did the cruise control thing all summer and have been going to town one fixing my tank. Vodka dosing helped a ton with my similar hair algae problem and for the bubble algae I took to 1/4" diameter hose and cut one end to a point. When I do a WC I just scrape the bubbles and syphon the popped bubbles out of the tank. I bought a foxface to deal with the bubble algae but all he has done is eat the minute amount of red turf algae I had.

Them acans look great. You been feeding em?

Long time my friend, it sucks to be a working man!! My acans look horrible and no i have not been feeding, i have a hard time remebering to feed the fish let alone the coral, I actually have some die off on some of them but my wc today has seemed to help them. I have some of the same red turf alge and was wondering what I can do to help get rid of it. I plan on doing another 5 gal wc on tues or wed and just get the water back to being ultra clean.

I

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like you've got a nice acan collection going.

That brisket looks amazing, want.

Hey AM, thanks for continuing to check in. I hope with some tlc I can get the acans back to where they were.

Also the brisket was amazing. I have done about 6-8 over the last couple years and this one came out the best by far.

I had an emerald crab that ate some of it but the foxface seems to love it as well.

And I may have to get a smoker myself, you make it look like a delicious hobby to have.

And I may have to get a smoker myself, you make it look like a delicious hobby to have.

I have three different smokers - Charcoal, electric and a ghetto grill (55 gal drum) Depending on what im smoking and how much time I have to mess with it.

I didnt do as much as normal this summer with all the #### going on but did do about 45# of pork shoulder for my sisters grad party. Smoked for about 16 hours over night. My kids wont eat anybody elses pulled pork or bbq sauce.

what's the best smoker to get for someone unfamiliar with the art of smoking beef?

Sams club has a masterbuilt electric. Its the one I have and is very simple. Set the temp put in meat and add the chips. or get a charcoal one from home depot but you have to watch your temp alot.

electric it is!

BTW toss some mysis the acans way and I bet they pop right back to life.

When I feed with rods food tonight a large chunk of fish/shrimp fell into one of the mouths. This pick is after an hour of digesting. I could see that head getting larger as it swallowed it. pretty cool

IMAG0053-1.jpg

I been absent a lot on here lately but man the tank still looks great! Hoping to get back to building mine...and after viewing this thread I'm HUNGRY!

Sick aquascape! Like the open sandbed!

Thanks

Well no worries on the scopas... hes dead. Looked great since sunday was eating and grazing constantly. Great color no visable sighns of stress. Came home today found him dead in the corner

Bummer.

damn dude... that sucks!

you gonna try another?... My foxface is going back to the store possibly tomorrow.

I don't think I gonna try another right now. I think I'm going to drop in 5 chromis and would like.to.find.a.Midas blenny

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI I am going to attempt to smoke a pork loin tomorrow.

Any advice? I picked up a rub and some bbq sauce. Not sure which one to use, may try both.

I'm so excited to use my smoker!!

• 3 months later...

Archived