Top Shelf Aquatics

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind lighting?

Just a simple Odysea 4bulb t5, getting great growth on everything.

clam.jpg

Awesome clam!

Thanks AM!!

Picked up a few things yesterday. Two kinds of sps frags (not sure what they are). 2 heads of red blastos, and another acan.

Played around with the slr again. I really need to sit down with this and play with it.

new sps frag. has a shading of pink to it. ID?

sps1.jpg

Ring of fires

ringoffires.jpg

couldnt get a good pic of the red blasto but this was after feeding

redblasto.jpg

Blue leg and nass snails

hermit.jpg

side view

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

acans after feeding. new one on far right

DSC_0773.jpg

zoas

DSC_0770.jpg

sexies

DSC_0766.jpg

watermelons

DSC_0765.jpg

purple hammer. pic looks bleached but its not

DSC_0762.jpg

other new sps...id?

DSC_0760.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

better blasto pic

IMAG0021.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

My boy helping put in 200ft of drainage pipe today

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

tundrashaul

Get 'em early!! The tank is looking really good GG. Do you spot feed your acans? , and what are you feeding?

Get 'em early!! The tank is looking really good GG. Do you spot feed your acans? , and what are you feeding?

Thanks tundra, I do spot feed once in awhile. I feed rods food almost everyday. I put the vortech on feed mode and just drop in above the acans usally. They get alot that way but not every head.

So what's it like living next to a powerline tower? It must be pretty cool at night I imagine though.. I guess some people hate stuff like that, but I wouldn't mind having one in my backyard like you do.. adds a little... something.. I guess. I just like that stuff lol. Weird huh? I bet you wish it wasn't there though right? Most people do lol.

On a more related note, I really love that Blasto. Looks so nice.

So what's it like living next to a powerline tower? It must be pretty cool at night I imagine though.. I guess some people hate stuff like that, but I wouldn't mind having one in my backyard like you do.. adds a little... something.. I guess. I just like that stuff lol. Weird huh? I bet you wish it wasn't there though right? Most people do lol.

On a more related note, I really love that Blasto. Looks so nice.

Thanks for stopping in Zer0, Thats not at my house. Its a friend of mine. Its actually pretty nice, it adds about another half acre on top of his back yard. His boys play baseball and football back there all the time. He keeps the part behind him mowed, most of the other neighbors dont.

Haven't been on here much due to sun and fun! Tank is looking great dude. I think the first one may be a pocillopora. The second one, maybe a milli?

Hey coastie, how have you been? Yeah Im not on very much during summer. Thanks for the ids

Been rocking it! Saving the coast guard one computer at a time! Tank looks great. We should organize the swapping of acans in the fall. if we could trade a head of each of the ones we have we could have some seriously amazing color. I bet priority would be safe given our relatively close distance too.

Hey gg I'm under 21 I guess I'm not aloud in the thread :P

:lol:

AM, your welcome anytime. That was for the tweens that had to junk up the threads just to bump their post counts. You have more knowledge that the majority of people on here no matter what age

animalmaster6
AM, your welcome anytime. That was for the tweens that had to junk up the threads just to bump their post counts. You have more knowledge that the majority of people on here no matter what age

Haha I'm just joking with you. :happy:

I have to return the teasing I get every once in a while ;)

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since i have been on here let alone updated anything. Life is busy right now. Nothing really new to update other than I have been neglecting the tank for most of the summer. Luckily most everything is doing ok. I did loose some sps and my 6 line but did gain some bubble and hair alge. Also just pick up some aptasia last week.

Every thing else seems to be good some things growing better than other. I need to get back to doing wc every week or two, not every 6 weeks.

On a good note I did pick up a dslr camera for myself and my daughter. Here are some pics. I need to spend alot more time with it

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

And this is the tree that split and fell into my neighbors tree. Cost me almost $600 to have craned out

IMAG0132.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is starting to come back around. A few WC and changed my carbon and gfo ridded most of the gha that I was getting. Now I just have to get rid of some small bubble alge and some aptasia.

I am looking to add a couple of fish. I was checking out some sharknose gobies and also thinking of some chromis. If anyone has any ideas feel free to run them by me.

Nice tank, just went through all 21 pages very interesting. I'm getting ready to set up a 40b from petco I just bought same overflow and 2 returns like yours. Quick question overflow still kind of loud or did it just need to break in?

Also I've had my 29 gallon for about the same amount of time guess what just spawned... Bubble algae and Aptasia. I picked up Aptasia X and have been manually picking bubbles off the rocks but I think the bubble algae is going to be the worst stuff to try and get rid off.

. Quick question overflow still kind of loud or did it just need to break in?

Thanks for checking it out. I am used to it now. It did quiet down once I got it dialed in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been almost a year since set up and so its been a long time since I updated, hasnt been much to update. For most of the summer the tank has been on cruise control which means its been pretty much neglected for the past 5 or 6 months.

Said that it has sustained fairly well with a couple small sighns of hair and bubble algea. Most of the corals have continued to grow and the fish seem to be healthy and happy.

I just did a 10gal wc today and spent some time manually removing any of the alge. I also rescaped a little just to open up the front a little. I still need to mount some of the zoas so they are not on the sand. Also today went to the lfs and replenished my decimated cuc and also picked up a small scopas tang. I have always liked these even though they are not full of color like most tangs.

Heres some current pics, everything is still a little pissed from having my hands in it all morning

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036-1.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039-1.jpg

IMAG0040-1.jpg

IMAG0041-1.jpg

IMAG0042-1.jpg

IMAG0031-1.jpg

and for the ones that have been around here a while this is a 12hour smoked brisket. best one I have done yet.

IMAG0189.jpg

Scopas tang has already cleaned off a rock that had a small patch of alge on it and is starting to stay out in the open.

IMAG0046-1.jpg

HAHA you and I my friend must be on the same cycle. I pretty much did the cruise control thing all summer and have been going to town one fixing my tank. Vodka dosing helped a ton with my similar hair algae problem and for the bubble algae I took to 1/4" diameter hose and cut one end to a point. When I do a WC I just scrape the bubbles and syphon the popped bubbles out of the tank. I bought a foxface to deal with the bubble algae but all he has done is eat the minute amount of red turf algae I had.

Them acans look great. You been feeding em?

Archived