Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

Ok, so I'm starting my tide pool tank. It will be a predator tank with anglers. I got just a simple cheap kit with a tank, filter, light, and hood. The lights are CF for now but I'm 90% sure I'll switch to T-5 since I have an old retro fit kit laying around from my biocube before I went to LEDs. Also will be adding a nano skimmer eventually and a heater hopefully by friday.

I really set this tank up solely because of an angler I fell in love with. I didn't do too much planning so I'm not exactly sure what else will go in it. It is one of those things that I'll figure it out as I go. The theme is supposed to be tide pool like so maybe some sponges or seaweed but NO MACRO!

10g Glass Breeder

Aqueon Filter (for a 10g, came in the kit)

CF T-12(?) Light (came in the kit)

~8.75lbs of Cured LR

~3lbs of Dry Sand

Seeded with some Live Sand from a ~6 year old reef tank.

Livestock:

Hopefully on Friday (if params are good) a Wartskin Angler (A. pictus)

Some Hermits

A Few Tiger Trochus Snails

Some bad pics from my iPhone:

photo-1-1.jpg

The star of the tank for now:

photo.jpg

And here's Waldo as he has been named by the guys at the shop. He eats frozen krill and squid.

DSC_0292.jpg

So, what do you think of it so far? It's a beginning, I think.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

Wow thanks guys! I can't believe you all think a small tank with nothing but rock in it is so cool. I must be doing something right. And yeah he doesn't LOVE when I hold him nut he will just sit there sometimes in my hand.

Where's....

No can't quite do it.

But hey following. Even without much planing we know this will be greatness.

Just got through reading about an Angler setup in coral magazine. How cool you are doing one. Looking forward to see what you decide to add. The setup I read about had some macro, blasto, leather & I believe a brain in it. Love the arch you made with the rock.

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks guys! If you have the link to the article I'd love to see it. Or is that in the newest issue? (I get the magazine)

animalmaster6
Just got through reading about an Angler setup in coral magazine. How cool you are doing one. Looking forward to see what you decide to add. The setup I read about had some macro, blasto, leather & I believe a brain in it. Love the arch you made with the rock.

That was a cool tank. It was Inken Krauses right?

Last issue?

Btw the current issue is awesome!!

Bongo Shrimp

Ok, got the T5s on there. I took them from my old biocube hood before I had the LEDs on the reef. They are fine for all LPS and some SPS. They are 20" Nova Extreme T5s and I have four, two daylight and two actinic.

Bongo Shrimp

Well, I went to the LFS today to see Waldo but he has velvet now. We're going to dip him this week to see if he gets better but IDK. :tears: :tears: :tears:

Archived