Coral Vue Hydros

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

Upon reading much more I found that the orange lined cardinal can get up to 4-5 inches and I think is to big for my plans on my tank. Anyone have any other sugestions on a good reef/invert safe fish that will swim in my water column?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
What makes them hard to keep? Bongon really only told that they are peaceful and 100% reef safe. I've read that they don't need a crinoid. The reason I'm passing on the bongos is my harleys mite hurt or kill them in competition for territory.

Bongo would know bettger than I would haha!

Upon reading much more I found that the orange lined cardinal can get up to 4-5 inches and I think is to big for my plans on my tank. Anyone have any other sugestions on a good reef/invert safe fish that will swim in my water column?

That is completely wrong. They only get to 2.5 inches at most.

Oh they do in that case that's my first pick for a small school. Now to try and fond them semi local. Thanks.

On the net I'm finding mixed results most saying they get about 2.5- 3.5. I read in a book at one of my lfs that they get much larger and an employee there who is a marine biologist said the Sam thing that they can get about 4-5 inches. I think I trust liveaquaria over an old saltwater reference guide.

animalmaster6

Reference guides I have found to be misleading. Maybe in the wild they get to 4-5 inches.

They may get to 3 inches. Still small though.

Yeah that's perfect for my tank!! I found some at a lfs in Maryland. I'm sceptical on shipping them to me. Because I've heard they don't ship well. Have you heard this before?

I think I'm gonna Take the risk I'm looking at petsolutions rite now and I just mite pull the trigger. Do you if they're a good store to purchase from. I'll do a sear h for feedback.

Any one with personal experience shopping from petsolutions?

Thanks again. I think I mite go petsolutions just because they're so close and still offer a 14 day warranty.

So I think unfortunately I may be hitting an algae cycle. The small areas of diatoms is growing quickly. What would be the best way to minimize the cycles? Besides the obvious water change and siphoning. I'm not going to use any chemical but any particular cuc or anything else?

I'll check em out I've read good things about them on this forum. I feel bad just using them for a list of a good cuc. As I'll prob. Just pick up my cuc at a lfs.

animalmaster6

No order from them. Trust me you won't regret it! PM John Maloney some specs of your tank and he'll make a custom CUC from you if you want or he'll just give you some CUC tips.

Archived