Cultivated Reef

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

Even with all that evap and top off? You top off everyday?

This is the first day its running lol

And I did top it off today with almost 2 gallons!!!!

We will see tomorrow if I have to top off everyday.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lol for some reason I thought it had been going a few days :lol:

Is there anything that might be causing this evap? Like a HOB filter maybe? Or having that Mr. Sun guy from the Discover Card commercial come over for dinner? :P

Oh lol for some reason I thought it had been going a few days :lol:

Is there anything that might be causing this evap? Like a HOB filter maybe? Or having that Mr. Sun guy from the Discover Card commercial come over for dinner? :P

Yeah just one day so far...

Not that I can think of! I had the top on the HOB filter, the tank is far from any light from the window, BUT I did leave the window open a bit but thats all.

Yeah just one day so far...

Not that I can think of! I had the top on the HOB filter, the tank is far from any light from the window, BUT I did leave the window open a bit but thats all.

Hmm, is the tank near enough to the window that wind would help speed up evap? :/

Yeah I dont know the water level is already going down pretty quick...

I might just have to go and buy a top for it!

Well I woke up today and there was no evaporation at all, so it might have been that I left my window open and it was too hot/cold or windy or something...

Either way I am still thinking about making a top for it depending on what fish I choose!

Not yet, I only have a few small pieces of LR that I transferred over from my 9G and I have a piece of sponge media from my 9 gal in the HOB as well to help cycle it!

Maybe I will get some pics tomorrow if I get a chance!

Helppppp

I am undecided what light to get at a good price!

I am not trying to spend $$$$$$ on this light

and I dont mind if its 24" or 36" it doesnt have to be exactly 30"

I just need some one to point me in the right direction please!

You can find a 30 inch Current Sundial for around 130 usually. Great light 4 x 24 watt. I got mine on craigslist, but I see them on bay refurbished from current.

It would be enough for LPS and softies, but not sure a 2 bulb would be enough for SPS. I am using a 4 bulb on my 15g that will be mainly LPS and anemones.

NICE...

I was thinking since it is a shallow tank maybe, just maybe I can pull it off lol

but I just want to get a light and I dont think I will be able to cash out for a 4x24 watt anytime soon :tears:

I mean for the first few months all I am going to have as livestock is:

zoas

mushrooms

lobo

candy cane

kenya tree

acans

torch

monti cap

I think I should be ok right? as long as I keep the SPS and LPS up high in the tank.

Archived