Cultivated Reef

Blue hornet zoas for sale

imagex

I have 2 frags available with 10+ head on them.. just name the amount of heads you want and i'll frag it but the 2 10+ heads are going for $100 a frag

if interested in less heads i'll do for $20 a head

If shipping is needed it'll be $35 to 40 for shipping..

i added the first pic on the rock as a comparision the purple hornet

post-46682-1278230923_thumb.jpg

post-46682-1278316594_thumb.jpg

post-46682-1278316673_thumb.jpg

Are they true blue hornet? because it's hard to see on the pics but they don't seem to have the ligth blue center? And do they have the alternating tentacles? like one tentacle is blue, the other is green etc..?

If they really are true blue hornet, then that's a real good deal and I would take a 100$ frag if you ship to Canada?

Do you have a close up pic?

I have 2 frags available with 10+ head on them.. just name the amount of heads you want and i'll frag it but the 2 10+ heads are going for $100 a frag

if interested in less heads i'll do for $20 a head

If shipping is needed it'll be $35 to 40 for shipping..

This is a pic of a true blue hornet:

BlueHornet_Zoa01.jpg

This sucks, I bought a frag of those fake "blue hornets" from my LFS for $5. If I knew they went for over $20 pp I would have never given that frag away.... omgomgomg

I think this is quite justified as a proper id is necessary here. If they are true blue hornet then that's good if they are not then we need to know what they really are. I am looking for the real blue hornet and can't find them anywhere :(

I once got a 1 polyp frag (40$) which melted away and I have been looking for some since then with no luck. I don't want fake blue hornet though, at least not at that price. It was REALLY beautiful, sigh...

i dont mean to burn down a sale. just want to get some info straight.

african blue hornets are just as cool IMO. True Hornets is just a name to make $.

plus, the price for those africans is pretty good i think.

circusordie16

although i dont really agree with the naming trend most of the time i believe that the picture dani3d posted is a purple hornet and was kind of the original hornet trend starter. the seller is posting blue hornets which ive also seen referred to as african blues or african blue hornets for what i believe are the same morph. apparently hornet lately just refers to having a greenish ring somewhere near the mouth.

Just as cool maybe but not as striking. The alternating color in the skirt of a purple, red or a blue hornet is amazingly beautiful. The regular skirt pattern is often dull.

The price on the false hornets is really cheap. I can get them for less than a dollar per polyp. They are extremely cheap so yes I do grab them when I see them and for now I have quite a few variants of them including some reds "hornets" with green skirt, but they are like day and night with the real thing.

african blue hornets are just as cool IMO. True Hornets is just a name to make $.

plus, the price for those africans is pretty good i think.

what I posted is a true blue hornet. Purple hornets have the same color on the center as the main color of the polyp, whereas blue hornet have a light blue center. That's the only difference between them I think. They both have a green ring and alternating green tentacles. The red hornets has a red ring and red alternating tentacles. Those are the real and rare things.

although i dont really agree with the naming trend most of the time i believe that the picture dani3d posted is a purple hornet and was kind of the original hornet trend starter. the seller is posting blue hornets which ive also seen referred to as african blues or african blue hornets for what i believe are the same morph. apparently hornet lately just refers to having a greenish ring somewhere near the mouth.

looking a my blue hornets, it looks like the alternating skirts and the ring is yellow, blue base, with a white/babyblue center

either way, your frags are priced nicely

Sorry to reply so late... but as for the true topic it's very hard to define true vs african blue hornets... think these are the african blue hornets.. but still blue hornets... still a hard to find zoa...

Also i'm located in Dallas TX... actually richardson

and monitpora whats your deal anyways?? every sale i see on nanoreef is either hated or you got some smart remark to say... it's a free country but seriously you wouldnt like it if another person bashed your sale thread... if you have a opinion about the sale then keep it to yourself.. or at least make it somewhat of a smart comment.. your seriously trashing the classified side to this forum and the people that make it good.. if thats your goal then continue please.. But even if it's not what it claims to be then it's up to the buyer to choose.. these are blue hornets.. the price i'm offering is very generous...

On that note I enjoy the freedom in the forums compared to other forums but honestly enough is enough with the bashing.. it wouldnt be allowed on alot of other forums..

Also dani3d the purple hornets are by no means the same color or pattern... i have a picture of both and the blue is much brighter then the purple and the purple i bought off reefkoi at a show.. even if these are african blue hornets theyre much brighter on the color then the purple.. the center is a light blue just it's hard to capture with the camera i have..

markiemark

Not going bash you but i think they look alot like african reefkoi sells so ill give you 30 for a 10 polyp frag. Any possible way to get more detail pics. Not tryin low ball just tryin buy what you have at a fair price thank you

i wouldnt say these are rare but they are known for melting away after you get them from the ocean. but if youve had your colony awhile they should be good.

and monitpora whats your deal anyways?? every sale i see on nanoreef is either hated or you got some smart remark to say... it's a free country but seriously you wouldnt like it if another person bashed your sale thread... if you have a opinion about the sale then keep it to yourself.. or at least make it somewhat of a smart comment.. your seriously trashing the classified side to this forum and the people that make it good.. if thats your goal then continue please.. But even if it's not what it claims to be then it's up to the buyer to choose.. these are blue hornets.. the price i'm offering is very generous...

I hardly ever post anything negative on this site first of all, you can search through my posts to confirm it. And my main problem is people like you getting these fake ass hornets trying to cash in on the hype and selling them to noobs who are willing to pay big bucks for something that is not all that rare. I got the exact same zoas you have pictured from my LFS for $5. If I knew I could be a jacka$$ and rip people off by charging a million dollars per polyp I would not have given the frag away to a local who was looking for them. Your just pissed off because once people see this they are not going to pay your asking price unless they want to get ripped off by someone trying to cash in on the hornet hype. Ya, this post is rather rude and it is meant that way. Excuse me for defending myself and trying to keep someone from getting ripped off. People have the right to know what they are buying, period. And you post an out of focus picture of a zoanthid colony. You should get better clarified/defined pics if your going to charge that much.

Aside from that, good luck on the sale buddy. Hope you get at least one sucker to buy it. :haha:

I hardly ever post anything negative on this site first of all, you can search through my posts to confirm it. And my main problem is people like you getting these fake ass hornets trying to cash in on the hype and selling them to noobs who are willing to pay big bucks for something that is not all that rare. I got the exact same zoas you have pictured from my LFS for $5. If I knew I could be a jacka$$ and rip people off by charging a million dollars per polyp I would not have given the frag away to a local who was looking for them. Your just pissed off because once people see this they are not going to pay your asking price unless they want to get ripped off by someone trying to cash in on the hornet hype. Ya, this post is rather rude and it is meant that way. Excuse me for defending myself and trying to keep someone from getting ripped off. People have the right to know what they are buying, period. And you post an out of focus picture of a zoanthid colony. You should get better clarified/defined pics if your going to charge that much.

Aside from that, good luck on the sale buddy. Hope you get at least one sucker to buy it. :haha:

people arent getting ripped off... i'm asking $10 a head... how is that a ripoff price? it's not like you see these everywhere anyhow.. well at least on my side of the world anyhow.. anyways... glad to see your doing your job anyhow.. carry on.. hater..

rkelley_10
people arent getting ripped off... i'm asking $10 a head... how is that a ripoff price? it's not like you see these everywhere anyhow.. well at least on my side of the world anyhow.. anyways... glad to see your doing your job anyhow.. carry on.. hater..

That's not a ripoff. Blue African deepwater zoas are notorious for melting away. I've sold them for $15 per polyp on another forum and had people chomping at the bit to get them. I never had enough for all the people who inquired. Although the ID was wrong the price is still more than fair. GLWS

10$ per head is expensive. how much did you pay for the whole colony? 30$? maybe less.

I see them go for 25$ for 50+ polyps here and we don't even have rare stuff in Quebec.

$10 pp if you get 10 then $20 pp for a lesser quantity according to your OP

$10 pp if you get 10 then $20 pp for a lesser quantity according to your OP

true basically i'm not wanting to chop up the 2 frags i have of them.. and the frags actually have more then 10 heads.. i'm just saying 10 cause i dont count the little heads on there..

and for the other person that said they can get these for $30 a rock?? please tell me where you found a whole rock for $30... I call bull.. hell you cant even get a rock of a crappy zoafrom the lfs for $30 if your right then hell i need to move to canada..

just for reference http://www.extremecorals.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=Zoos

there african blue hornets. not true blues

nanoreef-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^MY COLONY^^^^^

thats what $40 of hornets looks like my friend.

hey have a 100+ rock of red people eaters for $50 too..

Archived