Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ecoxotic Led Stunner Strip

mkizz

Hey Nano-Reef Mkizz here. I own a Biocube 29 gallon, and Im pretty bored with the coloring.

I thought I'd add some more colors into the tank, so I wanted MH but they costed too much, and getting chiller is way too much for me. I wanted to add some shimmer and more richer blue color into the tank.

So I found out about these LED Stunner Light by Ecoxotic.

http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/product/vi...g6falmuividbc64

I'm curios how many strips of LED Stunner light I would need to get a deep rich blue coloring and some shimmering effect? Could just 1 strip of the stunner light rich up the colors and the shimmers?

For me keeping like clams, or hard corals dosnt matter much at the moment because Im pretty low on budget anyway, so Im just doing this for the look, and just curios how many strips I would need to get some nice effect out of it.

Also if i wanted more pink/purple effect out of it do I go for the UltraViolet version for the stunner strip?

2nd question:

Whats the differnce between the first link I showed you the stunner LED light

V.S

http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/product/vi...66/category/12/

3rd question:

You know how biocube 29 has the moonlight LED power supply thing to support those 3 LED lights?

Since the stunner strips does not come with the power supply and need to buy one extra for $20

Could I just use the power supply that my biocube is already supporting?

Sorry for so much questions, but help will be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks for reading and have a good day :]

Deadly-Teddly

i doubt the power supply would work. the stunner strips are like 10 or more leds and the power supply you wanna use is ment for only 3 leds. one actinic should help with color and a slight shimmer. the first link are the weaker accenting strips....the second link is the stronger version which would be used if you were gunna use them as a main lighting source. id buy one or two of the smaller actinic or actinic/daylight mix. the actinic and daylight mix would produce more shimmer i believe. but for a deep blue definitely the actinics or uv. im definitely gunna trade my pc's for a few of the strips to help my mh on my nano.

ah thanks for your reply. One more question.

so

453nm Stunner strip from the first link, just one strip would be able to give richer blue color?

I would just go with a single "all blue" panorama 12 watt module (second link). Some places sell the All blue, where as others only carry the white/blue combo modules. Since the power supply you wanted to use won't work for the stunners, I would just get this single all blue panorama module. I have 4 of the panorama 12 watt white/blues and 2 blue stunners. But that is on a 50gal.

ah thanks for your reply. One more question.

so

453nm Stunner strip from the first link, just one strip would be able to give richer blue color?

I'd say go with 2, they really aren't that powerful and their light is not very wide spread. With one you would only notice a hint of blue with your other lights on.

I have been playing with these at my LFS a LOT. They just remodeled and Ecoxotic came out and did all of their lighting for them and the LED's are just as intense as MH.

In my BC 8 , I am going to completely strip out my stock lighting and replace it with one full blue, and then either two white or one white and one UV. These guys are actually quite intense and one all blue will go a long way.

One should be able to cover your tank with the blue you are looking for.

its up to you if you wanna go with 1 or 2.. 453 led strips.. I'm going to start with 1 strip and. would be easy to add another one down the road..

Archived