inTank Media Baskets

* Nano Cube 28 Media Basket *

inTank

NC28 Media Basket

Finally a media basket for the NC28. It has been a long time coming and inTank has worked very hard to release this basket. Features never before seen inTank design. 78% larger than the stock media tray we have pushed the limits of the chamber space with this basket. Features side flow holes on the bottom of the basket for maximum fluid dynamics. Four sided design forces water through the media, not around it.

Presale information: This product listing is for a media basket that is not out of production. Estimated time before shipping is two weeks as of July 6th. Time frame subject to increase or decrease depending on production schedules and demand. Media basket will look as pictured, not pictured is an inTank logo on the door of the unit. Be the first to have this media basket by participating in the presale.

• Fits in center chamber under water intake
  • Four sided, forces water through media
  • Bottom flow holes for maximum flow
  • Huge size fits various media and macro algae
  • Includes stay hold piece
  • Tall rear wall prevents water from spilling over
  • Laser cut design for superior fit and performance

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_9153(1).jpg

IMG_9162.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9154.jpg

IMG_9158.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

PRESALE ORDERS START TO SHIP NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomg

Get your hands on the absolute best media basket for the Nano Cube 28

Blows the stock basket out of wet water

Makes an egg crate version look like child's play

random poster: what about the Nano cube 12 media basket? You said it would be out by now. No worries, presale will start in about one week, shipments made in about 2-3 weeks.

jeffthecyclist
NC28 Media Baskets will start to ship tomorrow, July 29th!

I got my shipment notice this morning. It looks awesome in the pictures. Thanks so much!!!

Got mines in yesterday, there seems to be an overflow issue, as water isn't passing through the basket fast enough causing micro bubbles. Though, this was with both pumps running and MP10 at 30%. But, with one pump running, it works just fine. The design is very impressive, professional, top-notch quality. Overall, I'm quite happy with the new basket.

Do you have the filter media blocking too much flow? Is any larger bags like chemi pure tied to the shelf above? Is the media new causing bubbles?

I use the floss on top, purigen 2nd, and the 11oz bag of chemi-pure elite on the bottom. Though, it isn't tied as pictured, wonder if that will help? Think the micro bubble issue is caused by the pumps not getting enough water and most of it is being backed by the basket.

Tie the chemi pure to the second shelf as pictured above. You can also raise your water level in the pump chambers by simply adding saltwater

jeffthecyclist

Looks good Steve! I was happy to get rid of the worthless stock basket. I run Maxijet 1200 returns but my controller alternates them. Flow is good. Nothing bypasses the basket... it all goes through as opposed to maybe 30 - 40 percent in the stock basket. I'm not seeing any bubbles. I love how easy it is to slide off the panel. No more fussing trying to get the stock basket in each set of slots. Slides right up, slides right down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I just set up my media basket in my nc28. Looks great but there is definitely an overflow issue. I have it with your filter floss in the top, a 100ml pack of Purigen in the middle, and a 11oz bag of chemi pure elite tied to the second shelf as pictured. I'm getting tons of water overflowing down the sides. I bought this media and the basket from you to run it just as I have it set up. I'm really disappointed it isn't working. Is there a way to solve my overflow problem? Please help.

Hey,

I just set up my media basket in my nc28. Looks great but there is definitely an overflow issue. I have it with your filter floss in the top, a 100ml pack of Purigen in the middle, and a 11oz bag of chemi pure elite tied to the second shelf as pictured. I'm getting tons of water overflowing down the sides. I bought this media and the basket from you to run it just as I have it set up. I'm really disappointed it isn't working. Is there a way to solve my overflow problem? Please help.

Are you running both return pumps or just one and are they stock?

• 5 months later...

Bought my nc28 last month (HQI version) and it doesnt have that lip on the back trim to slide the spacer on. It also doesn't have the pre drilled holes on the left back corner being there is no lip.

• 1 month later...

Hello. for all the JBJ nano keepers out there. has anybody been able to keep a reef set-up without using a Protein Skimmer? Can you share your filter media set up. I'm getting ready to set up my 28gal JBJ nano and want to put the tank in my room and really hate the skimmer noise. I'm thinking of using Live Rock-Deep Sand Bed-filter floss-Purigen-Chemipure-Refugium to be my filter set up. Will that set-up be enough and not use a Skimmer? I'm also contemplating using Right Now Bacteria (if anyones familiar with it). Any good advise will be appreciated.

Hello. for all the JBJ nano keepers out there. has anybody been able to keep a reef set-up without using a Protein Skimmer? Can you share your filter media set up. I'm getting ready to set up my 28gal JBJ nano and want to put the tank in my room and really hate the skimmer noise. I'm thinking of using Live Rock-Deep Sand Bed-filter floss-Purigen-Chemipure-Refugium to be my filter set up. Will that set-up be enough and not use a Skimmer? I'm also contemplating using Right Now Bacteria (if anyones familiar with it). Any good advise will be appreciated.

You should be fine, keep up your water changes. I don't have a skimmer and (IMO) my tank looks good. I do have a skimmer that I'll be using after I move my tank next week though.

You can keep a nano without a skimmer especially with filtration upgrades like the media basket. Just keep up with water changes

• 3 years later...
SeattleReefer

Hey,

I know this is an old post but I'm trying to find an answer to this! I have the exact same problem! Love my inTank basket on my Nano-Cube 28 but it just started having this overflow issue. Stock pumps running alternately since I've run the tank. I tried removing my filter floss but same issue. Any thoughts?

I know this is an old post but I'm trying to find an answer to this! I have the exact same problem! Love my inTank basket on my Nano-Cube 28 but it just started having this overflow issue. Stock pumps running alternately since I've run the tank. I tried removing my filter floss but same issue. Any thoughts?
What is in the basket and what size bags? Overflow happens when you have too much or too large media bags. Do not run the pumps alternating keep good flow through the chambers at all times.

The person you quoted had a 11.74 oz bag of chemi pure which is way to large for this basket.

Archived