new-b-reefers LED picotope (pic heavy!)

new-b-reefer

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new-b-reefer
i still see that "picotope" sticker -_-

lol, yeah, keeps slipping my mind to remove it, i will remove it eventually

anyway, here is day 63 update pictures. surface skimmer working great and the corals are doing well in there new spots after the rescape. here are pics :)

new-b-reefer

oh and i have a question. i have a frag of zoas in there and they are not attached to a rock so they keep floating around. what should o do to get them to stay on a rock somewhere in the tank. i have tried tucking them in to a crevice but they always find there way out and float away somewhere else. ideas?

Loctite super glue! use the gel kind, it works great. coral propagation companies rebrand the same ingredients and charge 4 times more

new-b-reefer
Loctite super glue! use the gel kind, it works great. coral propagation companies rebrand the same ingredients and charge 4 times more

ah ok. i will have to try it, i found a new spot for them in the pico and so far they seem to be staying so if they float away again i will have to grab some, or maybe even just to have on hand :) if i do use the super glue, how would i do that, do i pull the rock above the surface and glue the coral frag to it and then just put it back in. wont the glue leach stuff into the water?

ah ok. i will have to try it, i found a new spot for them in the pico and so far they seem to be staying so if they float away again i will have to grab some, or maybe even just to have on hand :) if i do use the super glue, how would i do that, do i pull the rock above the surface and glue the coral frag to it and then just put it back in. wont the glue leach stuff into the water?

When i glue its usually to plugs or rubble so i take the plug out of the water, dry it off, put the glue on, smash the coral on, and put in a cup of saltwater for a bit to attach. about 5 minutes later it goes in the tank with the main pump off. 5 minutes later i turn on the main pump. then you have a nicely attached frag :)

new-b-reefer
When i glue its usually to plugs or rubble so i take the plug out of the water, dry it off, put the glue on, smash the coral on, and put in a cup of saltwater for a bit to attach. about 5 minutes later it goes in the tank with the main pump off. 5 minutes later i turn on the main pump. then you have a nicely attached frag :)

cool, good to know. thanks :)

i always wondered how people did that

• 2 weeks later...
new-b-reefer

day 74 of the pico reef

things are going smooth

the green clown goby is becoming less of a hermit so to speak

my emerald crab passed unfortunately, i dont think there was enough algae for him to eat or something

any one have any recomendations for feeding my green clown goby, i alternate between small pellet food and frozen mysis shrimp.

here are tank pics :)

i like feedback :D

2010-08-11205544.jpg

2010-08-11205507.jpg

2010-08-11205444.jpg

2010-08-11205435.jpg

2010-08-11205426.jpg

2010-08-11205413.jpg

2010-08-11205403.jpg

2010-08-11205346.jpg

new-b-reefer

anybody have ideas on what i should feed my green clown goby, i have never seen him eat and he is getting skinny. i have tried live baby brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp and even small pellet food. any ideas?

new-b-reefer
it may not be acclimated totally to your tank.

Hm, I have had him for probably atleast 2 months. He has gotten more comfortable but that may be right. Does it normally take a while for green clown gobys to acclimate to their surrounding? What about feediing? Other ideas for food other than mysis shrimp?

new-b-reefer

day-79 update.

so as you know my green clown goby is pretty much on his way out. he refuses to eat. i have tried live fresh hatched baby brine shrimp, frozen mysis, blood worms, pellet food. and them tried all that soaked in garlic. he wont eat anything at all and he is so skinny im suprised he is still with us :(. i added a small fiji blue devil damsel in there that i picked up yesterday. he is a great addition to the tank. very lively and active and awesome blue color. hard to get a picture of though with all his darting lol. since i have added the little damsel, now the green clown goby is out all the time, who knows, maybe by some odd shred of hope he will eat now. lol. i can dream right. here are pics and a video (hope the video works)

th_video-2010-08-17-20-29-39.jpg

2010-08-17202921.jpg

2010-08-17202904.jpg

2010-08-17202854.jpg

2010-08-17202842.jpg

2010-08-17202712.jpg

2010-08-17201126.jpg

2010-08-17201043.jpg

2010-08-17201014.jpg

2010-08-17200957.jpg

2010-08-17200948.jpg

new-b-reefer

love this little damsel. perfect fish for this pico. very active and spunky ;) and uses the whole tank, in and out of holes and corals, top bottom. all over the place. curious little guy :)

Tank is looking great. Sorry about the Green Clown Goby. My mom's didn't eat either and wasted away. Her tank is well established and had lots of critters in there that he could have eaten. I love your big shrooms!

new-b-reefer
Tank is looking great. Sorry about the Green Clown Goby. My mom's didn't eat either and wasted away. Her tank is well established and had lots of critters in there that he could have eaten. I love your big shrooms!

thank you , much :)

here is another picture update with another video :)

day-84

2010-08-22142936.jpg

2010-08-22142929.jpg

2010-08-22142920.jpg

2010-08-22142909.jpg

2010-08-22142902.jpg

2010-08-22142946.jpg

video

th_video-2010-08-22-14-39-36.jpg

new-b-reefer
Cool. Glad to see you got a photobucket account. It makes posts look a little nicer.

Lol, yeah. It helps make it easier to post pics too lol.looks a lot cleaner and this way who ever views the post, doesn't have to click on the pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

dang it muchrooms make a pico look so much better... I need to get some of those invasive mushrooms for my pico so that it will look more full :)

dang it muchrooms make a pico look so much better... I need to get some of those invasive mushrooms for my pico so that it will look more full :)

lol, yes they do. thanks. those green ones keep spreading too. all these little ones keep popping up under the big one. love the shrooms in the picos. they do so well :)

in my 7 months of owning my mushrooms, not one of my three varieties has shown any sign of multiplying lol. idk what my problem is. maybe i just have kinds that take longer to multiply? I thought they are generally very prolific...

Archived