Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

Not with nano/pico tanks. IMO it's easier to care for a smaller tank than a larger tank. The easier water changes only win me over haha

I agree! Five minute water changes ftw :)

Someday I'll have "real" nano (you know, something over 10 gallons). I don't know how I'll cope with all the work :lol:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree! Five minute water changes ftw :)

Someday I'll have "real" nano (you know, something over 10 gallons). I don't know how I'll cope with all the work :lol:

Seriously! I hate doing water changes on my 55. Kinda glad it's coming down this month. No more ugly trash can for water storage :lol:

You've never had a tank over 10g? That's pretty cool actually. Most people don't start with nanos

Seriously! I hate doing water changes on my 55. Kinda glad it's coming down this month. No more ugly trash can for water storage :lol:

You've never had a tank over 10g? That's pretty cool actually. Most people don't start with nanos

Well, I do have a 90g FW tank. So I know all about that ugly trash can :lol:

But my first reef tank was my 4g pico. I never would have even tried it without everything I learned on NR :)

Well, I do have a 90g FW tank. So I know all about that ugly trash can :lol:

But my first reef tank was my 4g pico. I never would have even tried it without everything I learned on NR :)

Wow, that's impressive! NR is such a great information source :) But it's the community that really keeps me here

So glad this little tank is going. Figuring out pico scapes in my head right now ;)

Woo! Picos are the best B) Have a thread?

Wow, that's impressive! NR is such a great information source :) But it's the community that really keeps me here

Woo! Picos are the best B) Have a thread?

I don't - still working out details. Might not even end up with one, I barely have enough time for my regular 10g as it is.

I don't - still working out details. Might not even end up with one, I barely have enough time for my regular 10g as it is.

If you do, post a link here!

Aww, picos don't need that much time. As teeny said, 5 min water changes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo.

Can you plz post a fts so we can see your tank it has bin some time now and i was realy hoping to see it again(this year).

Haha yes I need to clean the tank tonight

Also, bad news guys, I have zoa eating nudis! I didn't add anything new, so I guess there must have been eggs from the nudis I got from a friend's tank a while ago :(

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Since its a small tank, can you pull the zoa rocks and dip them? I'm not too familiar with treatment for zoa eating nudis.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Since its a small tank, can you pull the zoa rocks and dip them? I'm not too familiar with treatment for zoa eating nudis.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I did it before and it worked, although I guess then the eggs hatched and now they are munching on my zoas again :angry:

Lesson learned, don't trust friends lol

Ugh! Well good luck getting rid of them. Its just so easy to spread pests around in this hobby. After having the flatworm plague in both of my tanks, I am trying to be so careful with this new setup. That's one reason I got the leopard wrasse. I'm hoping she'll eat any pests that get by me.

Love this tank , bummed about the nudis. I found a HUGE one in my pico a couple of weeks ago. Gave him a nice peroxide bath to show my appreciation of his visit. Been looking for more, but so far so good.

Hopefully your battle is just as easy. :)

Ugh! Well good luck getting rid of them. Its just so easy to spread pests around in this hobby. After having the flatworm plague in both of my tanks, I am trying to be so careful with this new setup. That's one reason I got the leopard wrasse. I'm hoping she'll eat any pests that get by me.

Thanks, I'm just hoping the zoas will recover

Yeah she'll help; they love to eat little worms and stuff

Love this tank , bummed about the nudis. I found a HUGE one in my pico a couple of weeks ago. Gave him a nice peroxide bath to show my appreciation of his visit. Been looking for more, but so far so good.

Hopefully your battle is just as easy. :)

Haha nice

I'm using bayer dip, I really like it as a coral dip. However it still doesn't kill the eggs I guess :(

How's it going with the nudis?

That didn't sound right... :unsure:

:lol: I haven't seen any more, but my zoas are still pissed. Hopefully they recover quickly :)

Also, look at what my chalice did to my poor goni! The chalice slid down the rock, and the big grey thing in the middle is the goni's skeleton

20150901_111045.jpg

But look how cute my clown is, he always does this to beg for food

20150901_111056.jpg

Archived