Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

Everything is happy, despite being randomly tossed in on the new rock

I will rearrange everything and glue stuff back down soon, just wanted to give them a rest lol

2015-06-28%2020.19.11_1.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome tank and its a pico 3gal only looks so big :)

so you run your filter on the side?

Thank you!

I picked up a sympodium frag today. I'm going to take some pics tonight, so I hope it's open by then

Yes, as the filter provides all of the flow for the tank, being on the side provides the most coverage and also doesn't kick up my sand. When I had it in the back, there would be a patch of sand missing in the front of the tank, and only half of the tank got good flow

Thank you!

I picked up a sympodium frag today. I'm going to take some pics tonight, so I hope it's open by then

Yes, as the filter provides all of the flow for the tank, being on the side provides the most coverage and also doesn't kick up my sand. When I had it in the back, there would be a patch of sand missing in the front of the tank, and only half of the tank got good flow

you're right maybe ill do that to mine the sand in the front is low and so weird haha thanks for the idea i shall use the Yoshii method hob filter hahaha :P

you're right maybe ill do that to mine the sand in the front is low and so weird haha thanks for the idea i shall use the Yoshii method hob filter hahaha :P

It might look kinda weird if your tank is positioned in a way that you're meant to look at it from the front

But if it doesn't work for you, it only takes like 5 seconds to move it back!

*wanders over to your pico thread*

haha i tried it after my water change and ummmm epic fail :unsure::wacko: i have ac70 way too big to be on the side im guessing you have a smaller fuge B) anyways maybe ill look into getting one because my tank is getting ok flow but not best like yours. :D which is awesome!!!!

haha i tried it after my water change and ummmm epic fail :unsure::wacko: i have ac70 way too big to be on the side im guessing you have a smaller fuge B) anyways maybe ill look into getting one because my tank is getting ok flow but not best like yours. :D which is awesome!!!!

Yeah, I think mine is just an AC20, I just use it for flow and mechanical filtration so I didn't need a larger one

I used to have a small powerhead in mine, you could try that or a small pump (I also used a mini 606 for a while)

Yeah, I think mine is just an AC20, I just use it for flow and mechanical filtration so I didn't need a larger one

I used to have a small powerhead in mine, you could try that or a small pump (I also used a mini 606 for a while)

cool thank you i think i will try that i know i have a small pump from a project i had ill give that a try :D

always grateful for peoples awesome experiences and advice :)

cool thank you i think i will try that i know i have a small pump from a project i had ill give that a try :D

always grateful for peoples awesome experiences and advice :)

No problem :) Good luck!

Hey guys, I know I mostly talked about it in my 10g thread, but since I'm moving to San Diego in the fall, I've had to think about what's going to happen to my tanks. I'm going to be in an apartment, so I originally thought of just keeping this tank, but using the move as an excuse to swap out the tank itself for a Marine Contour 3g glass AIO.

But the most I think about it, the more I want to do a combo of this tank and my 10g tank. I'm thinking macros with some softies, photosynthetic gorgs, and maybe some lps.

But macros need more physical space, so maybe I should "upgrade" to the 5g Marineland tank?

As of late I've been really inspired by various old TOTMS featuring softies, and I will always love collecting macros. Put those together and I would have a small, easy to care for nano tank :)

I would have to get a new light also, which would be the hardest part. Macros look absolutely awful under my current led light. I would like to do t5s, but other than a little coral life 2 t5 mini fixture I have laying around, I can't find a fixture that is more powerful

What do you guys think?

Photoshoot with the tank tonight!
I'll be posting some pics later :)

And some of my pretty new betta too haha

Every time I take pics of this tank I somehow to forgot to turn on RAW. So I got around to that haha

Yeah, there's extra tweaking needed, but at least I won't dread photographing this tank as much

Love me some orange zoas! And part of a new-ish toadstool

IMG_656722.jpg

damn those are nice, im jelly

zoas always, and mean ALWAYS melt away or brown out for me sooner or later

damn those are nice, im jelly

zoas always, and mean ALWAYS melt away or brown out for me sooner or later

Do you dip?

Sorry they don't like your tank :( Have you tried moving them to another tank (if not your own, a friend's or someone with different water)?

Nope, no dipping. Well, I actually can't remember. I have dip though. Zoas/palys always do well for a while then they just drop off. It is probably at this point that I would start dipping, but on my most recent couple frags I honestly didn't care since they were cheap.

Do you dip zoas periodically regardless of how they look?

And I have not tried them in different water, since I have no where else to put them.

Nope, no dipping. Well, I actually can't remember. I have dip though. Zoas/palys always do well for a while then they just drop off. It is probably at this point that I would start dipping, but on my most recent couple frags I honestly didn't care since they were cheap.

Do you dip zoas periodically regardless of how they look?

And I have not tried them in different water, since I have no where else to put them.

I always dip zoas when I get them, regardless of how they look. But once they are in the tank I only dip if they don't look good.

But often zoas closing and then shrinking can be a sign of zoa eating nudis

PS, check your messages!

ahh nudis, I had plenty of those too. But not on my more recent ones. I've been buying LFS water and considered changing salts, don't know if that would help and I'd be buying RO from the LFS anyways.

I've just accepted that Zoas are not my thing, and keep mostly fluffy LPS

ahh nudis, I had plenty of those too. But not on my more recent ones. I've been buying LFS water and considered changing salts, don't know if that would help and I'd be buying RO from the LFS anyways.

I've just accepted that Zoas are not my thing, and keep mostly fluffy LPS

Same with me and mushrooms, they won't grow for me! Idk why

Never had a good variety of shrooms, but a couple months ago a couple of my rics started shriveling up and detaching, and I'm left with 2 dinky looking polyps on a rock that was covered in them. Wonder why, and I'll keep wondering. Never tested my water lol, except salinity.

Just can't please them all I guess.

Never had a good variety of shrooms, but a couple months ago a couple of my rics started shriveling up and detaching, and I'm left with 2 dinky looking polyps on a rock that was covered in them. Wonder why, and I'll keep wondering. Never tested my water lol, except salinity.

Just can't please them all I guess.

Something about the water! Oh well

Awesome tank! I love it!!! I am jealous :P I want to make a small tank for my daughter haha

Thank you!

Go for it :) Kids love reef tanks!

I need to buy another mini fan for this tank (I lost one, and one is for me).

This tank and my 10g have been around 80-82*F this week, and right now at work some of our smaller individual tanks are at 83-84 :scarry: so I'm worried when I get home it's going to be 84 or higher

I love your zoas oh Zoa master haha keep them coming (:

Haha I'm no zoa master, but thank you!

I'll be posting more shots during the next few days

Archived