SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

It's just two long little bubbles sprouting from the same point on the rock. I don't think there is a branching structure. But thanks anyways. If you see anything similar, let me know. :)

Will do :) You could also ask John Maloney, he's really good at IDing macros

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oops. Did a very large water change with RO/DI instead of saltwater.. :mellow:

Coral's weren't happy about it. Too bad I still couldn't find that HH pistol shrimp! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
How is the brain...

Yeah, how are things? I'd die if I did a water change with RO. I know if I'm busy enough and flustered enough, I'll do just that too. I always do a taste test before I do the change. I know it's silly, but it helps me.

Hope you're having a good holiday. :)

• 2 months later...
Yeah, how are things? I'd die if I did a water change with RO. I know if I'm busy enough and flustered enough, I'll do just that too. I always do a taste test before I do the change. I know it's silly, but it helps me.

Haha haven't updated in a while...

Yeah I saved a few pieces, they got moved to other tanks and meanwhile this tank has just been chugging along, not much changing. I've been mostly getting new coral and stuff for my 55g, but yesterday I picked up some pretty pink zoas, some uniquely colored blastos, a Blue Snowflake rock, and a small pink and blue milli frag :)

Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out the white balance settings on my new camera, so everything looks like it's painted in glowing bright magenta paint :lol:

But this is what the blastos and the milli colonies look like (LFS pics)

ALTBlastos.gif

ATLSnowCone.gif

Hi, Yoshii!

Those are pretty. Me likey. I need to figure out White balance too. Corals look so purdy under blue rebels, but the camera makes everything so BLUE!! Meh!!!

Hi, Yoshii!

Those are pretty. Me likey. I need to figure out White balance too. Corals look so purdy under blue rebels, but the camera makes everything so BLUE!! Meh!!!

Ikr, it's a bit annoying, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon :)

those blastos are nice did they make frags?

Yes, I got a frag

you are close to getting the white balance. you have to point the camera at something white in the tank, such as sand, and take a sample snapshot of that (assuming that's how your camera adjusts the custom white balance setting)

you are close to getting the white balance. you have to point the camera at something white in the tank, such as sand, and take a sample snapshot of that (assuming that's how your camera adjusts the custom white balance setting)

Yeah I already tired that, but it didn't work :/ I know with my older camera I just aimed it at random stuff until it got better (aiming it at white didn't work for me then either) :lol:

I think it's because the light is not just super blue, it's super purple/pink

I'll have to play around with it some more :)

holy coraline. good work!

Haha yeah, it's annoying to scrap off, but a little while ago I tried to kill most of it on the sides, from now on I'm going to try to keep it off the sides and stay on the rocks! :)

Haha yeah, it's annoying to scrap off, but a little while ago I tried to kill most of it on the sides, from now on I'm going to try to keep it off the sides and stay on the rocks! :)

I found that if you baste it with boiling RO/DI, it will turn bright red for the time, then eventually it will die and it comes off easier. :)

• 2 months later...

Yeah, the pictures have been sitting on my SD card for a few weeks...

I'll be updating all my tank threads later this week

You should take pics of what I gave you so you can chart their growth.

The purple milli was looking pretty rough when I gave it to you... Did it take well to the change? I would personally chop off the living parts and put them on plugs. :D

The psammicora looked like it was doing okay, didn't even notice it in the tank. Surprised it retained color, haha. Is that one okay?

And that frag plug with the zoas on it... I got those from a local reefer. They're really nice when they open up fully. They were in pretty rough shape. I thought if anyone, you would do the best at reviving the crap, but sometimes they are too bad of shape. :unsure:

Pictures! And go take pictures of alto's sponge and yumas. :D

You should take pics of what I gave you so you can chart their growth.

The purple milli was looking pretty rough when I gave it to you... Did it take well to the change? I would personally chop off the living parts and put them on plugs. :D

The psammicora looked like it was doing okay, didn't even notice it in the tank. Surprised it retained color, haha. Is that one okay?

And that frag plug with the zoas on it... I got those from a local reefer. They're really nice when they open up fully. They were in pretty rough shape. I thought if anyone, you would do the best at reviving the crap, but sometimes they are too bad of shape. :unsure:

Pictures! And go take pictures of alto's sponge and yumas. :D

I just put them in the 3g today, I didn't get a chance to see if things were opening up

The zoas looked fine when they were closed, I'll get to see how they're doing next week

I also picked up a tiny frag of slightly bleach Ponape birdnest, see how that does

Btw all the stuff I got from you that went in my 55 is doing great, the birdnests are all showing growth, the cap already looks way better and the zoas look comfy :) Thank you!

Archived