Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

Much better :happy: Even my 4 little feather dusters are out and are still building their tubes

The goby is doing good too, without all the coral in the way I see it more often now (although it still avoids the camera)

The corals I had moved over to the 10g still look kinda bleh, the candy cane's coloration is weird, parts are green but parts are brown (not dying, just a brown color). The duncans are still mostly tucked away but are coming out more and more everyday

I may move the GSP and another coral back to the 3g later this week, see how they do

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG, Yoshii! I just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry. :( You must have been gutted.

I'm glad some things have pulled through, including the goby.

Wow, I'm still shocked.

L

• 2 weeks later...

I took some FTSs today before I put the duncans, dendro, candy cane and some zoas back in, but my mom "organized" the computer desk and now I can't find the camera cable <_<

Also, some unfortunate news, the goby is dead :tears: :tears: :tears: And worst of all I think I was the one that killed it.

I haven't had the "fuge" behind the tank for a while now, mainly because the pump broke and wouldn't work properly, and 2 weeks ago I was doing a water change and decided to finally take out the pump (the pods and other critters liked to hide behind it, and a rock was leaning on it, so it was just sitting in the tank). I shook the pump a bit in the water just in case anything was trying to hide in the little slit opening and then put the pump out into a sink near the tank (that no one uses). I also took off the background and put it on top of the pump as a reminder. Well the next day I took the background and pump out of the sink and there was my fat little goby at the bottom :tears: :tears: :tears: I think it must have tried to hide inside the pump and I didn't see when I took the pump out

I are sorrwee, go eat pumpkin pie :D

I saw a super tiny, uber cute cherub angel the other day and was tempted to get it for this tank

But I think I'll wait til I see a really cool goby (or pair)

unfortunate event with the goby :(

I dont think a cherub angel is ever working out in a 3 gallon tank, but a small goby pair might. (I didn't even get a cherub for a 10 gal tank, i think they need more room than that.)

I saw a super tiny, uber cute cherub angel the other day and was tempted to get it for this tank

:3

get the goby... :3

Yeah, I thought about having him in here then moving him to my 55, but I decided I didn't want the risk of him eating corals

I'm planning on a small goby pair or just a single goby

Those are the best! Even cute as adults. GET IT!! :o

... But they do have a taste for coral if they go unfed for a bit. And they're pretty sensitive to temperature... Luckily mine died.

That sounds pretty bad. x3

I'm lucky that it died because my tank was almost at 90F and my clowns were gonna die if the dead Cherub hadn't have gotten my attention. So I'm not like Fi####ler or anything.

Poor Cherub :(

I've accidentally left the heater unplugged on this tank a few times...but it's upstairs and room temperature isn't too cold, nothing died/reacted badly to it.

When I had fw one of my tanks almost roasted but luckily I caught it at 84* and took out the heater

So I moved the coral that was in here before the mysterious chemical incident back in, and also moved a few corals that have been in my 10g over because they keep getting shaded by macro algae.

Also! A nice surprise, I found a brown monti in the 10g, I guess my Monti Spongodes survived and all this time has been growing in my 10g! :)

I'm glad to see that you kept this tank going. I recently had a similar thing happen to my pico, but it was because of uncured dry rock and a few other problems. It's hard to see good coral die suddenly and not be able to do anything about it.

If you're not sure what kind of fish to add, yasha gobies are a great pico fish. They're actually one of the few gobies that have swim bladders, so they're more active than most gobies - and they're not bad looking, either. They're a bit pricey ($40-60), but they're great little fish.

I'm glad to see that you kept this tank going. I recently had a similar thing happen to my pico, but it was because of uncured dry rock and a few other problems. It's hard to see good coral die suddenly and not be able to do anything about it.

If you're not sure what kind of fish to add, yasha gobies are a great pico fish. They're actually one of the few gobies that have swim bladders, so they're more active than most gobies - and they're not bad looking, either. They're a bit pricey ($40-60), but they're great little fish.

I was just reading about your mishap, sorry to hear that :(

Yashas are very cute, but I have no lid on this tank, and I also already have plan to get one for one of my other tanks :)

I was just reading about your mishap, sorry to hear that :(

Yashas are very cute, but I have no lid on this tank, and I also already have plan to get one for one of my other tanks :)

Oh! Don't get a Yasha! I lost one to jumping & I HAD a lid! :lol: I like my panda but he's very reclusive, at least right now. I dunno, something to consider?

I'm so sorry about your goby, though, what a terrible thing to find. :(

Oh! Don't get a Yasha! I lost one to jumping & I HAD a lid! :lol: I like my panda but he's very reclusive, at least right now. I dunno, something to consider?

I'm so sorry about your goby, though, what a terrible thing to find. :(

Oh wow :( I'm really sorry to hear about that!

Eh I don't really like Panda Gobies, but I asked my LFS to pick up some cool nano gobies, so I'll see what's available :)

Oh wow :( I'm really sorry to hear about that!

Eh I don't really like Panda Gobies, but I asked my LFS to pick up some cool nano gobies, so I'll see what's available :)

Ooooo, you also have a LFS that picks up things for you to choose from. It is nice, no? :D

The basic scape, I flipped the top rock in the middle, but I think I'm going to move it back :/

P1010015.jpg

White background? or

P1010018.jpg

Blue background?

P1010021.jpg

With some coralz!

I couldn't get an ID on this, so since you're the macro queen, could you ID it? I'm assuming it's a nuisance...

f526d.jpg

It's the maroon thing under the hermit shell. :D

Um it's really small, I can't really see the branching structure.. I'm not sure sorry

But it doesn't look like a baddie, I'm guessing it grows pretty slow?

Um it's really small, I can't really see the branching structure.. I'm not sure sorry

But it doesn't look like a baddie, I'm guessing it grows pretty slow?

It's just two long little bubbles sprouting from the same point on the rock. I don't think there is a branching structure. But thanks anyways. If you see anything similar, let me know. :)

Archived