inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Chi

ulver982

i just got hired today at petsmart !! and bought the chi for my parents i love how sleek it looks. the leds are only 5mm it would grow cheato but verry slow .. but this gave me a idea : a bigger version but instead of a filter box the floating "box" would be a pico around 2-3 gal. im going to diy this will start a forum later.

This should turn into the official petSmart Associates thread. I also work at PetSmart......and we did have a customer who bought an oscar for a 10 gallon, but the petcare manager just voided his warranty. Nice to know theres lots of other PetSmart peeps here at NR. :lol: Dont ya just wish we sold saltwater fish and corals? lol

Mustang Boy

i think the tank looks pretty neat and im not sure how much air circulation there is inside the box(i doubt there is any) but if there is enough one of evils M16 bulbs would probably light that tank pretty well and allow for some decent growth. i also think it would be neat to take the rocks out of the top and replace them with either rubble or smallish pieces of live rock and have mangroves growing out of it.

also to the petsmart employees what is yalls employee discount if you dont mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mr. Microscope
fluval-chi-nano-aquarium-designer-1.jpg

What is that tall tank on the right? Been googling a while. Haven't found it. Found the RB article, but it only talks about the Chi, Ebi, and Flora. They all look about the same dimensions. Awesome rock scape ideas come to mind.

The tall tank is the bigger version of the Chi I think. It'll eventually come in 2 sizes, the regular 5 gallon and the taller one.

It looks really nice actually. Makes me want to setup a betta or rcs tank with a few low light plants.

Mr. Microscope

I think the dimensions on the small one are 10 x 10 x 12 which is slightly more than 5 gallons. Assuming that the larger one is 10 x 10 x 16 (I used photoshop to estimate the size based on the above image), it holds slightly less than 7 gallons. I think I like it better than the 12 inch cube (7.5 gallons).

I think the dimensions on the small one are 10 x 10 x 12 which is slightly more than 5 gallons. Assuming that the larger one is 10 x 10 x 16 (I used photoshop to estimate the size based on the above image), it holds slightly less than 7 gallons. I think I like it better than the 12 inch cube (7.5 gallons).

It is a 6.6 gallon cube I believe and is only available in the UK (and possible other countries in Europe) right now. Hagen will be eventually releasing the larger model in the US. As for the DIY idea for them for reef, already ahead of you and working on it on mine. I am changing up the lighting and filtration but keeping the stock look. will update when it gets further along, right now just making the lights, already did up the filter.

It is a 6.6 gallon cube I believe and is only available in the UK (and possible other countries in Europe) right now. Hagen will be eventually releasing the larger model in the US. As for the DIY idea for them for reef, already ahead of you and working on it on mine. I am changing up the lighting and filtration but keeping the stock look. will update when it gets further along, right now just making the lights, already did up the filter.

Lets see some pics :)

i love mine but its running fw right now at my parents house so i bought some glass and built one just like it but drilled its up and running looks awesome. ill post pics later

Yes I got one from petsmart to and I love it. I actually am using it for a salt water tank. Hehehe. It makes a great invertebrate tank for starfish, and shrimp and some corals.

Just got back from my LFS, and they had one set-up as a [baby] seahorse tank. Pretty sweet set-up. Everything was stock. Since the water flows back to the tank through the box on the top, the flow inside the tank is pretty low. So, perfect for seahorses!

I saw it and it made me want to upgrade from my picotope.

I was about to comment on that exact same tank I was in that store yesterday. They had a yasha goby/pistol pair in a burrow under a rock in the middle and baby seahorses moving about elsewhere. It's definitely a simple, attractive set up and makes a GREAT store display tank.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Reefer_Chiefer

hows the tank workin out for you? I have 1 also that I have sitting in my bathroom, Id like to turn it into a saltwater tank but Id like to keep the same light and filter that it comes with

Archived