Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My ADA 60P. Now with 20" NEP CREE/T5 Retro

reeftankguy

reeftankguy

ADA60-P.gif

Couldnt take it anymore after seeing all these ADA's :wub: being built up...

Tank will be here this Wednesday... omgomgomg Lily Pipes will be here Monday...

Just need to decide on a filtration system... Probably go with the JBJ 4 Stage unless I see something I like better...

It will also be powered using my current CREE's, MP10 and Osmolater

EDIT: For spelling

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeftankguy
The under the tank mounting scares me. The light mounting is fine.

Actually that will be cut (recessed) into the stand and screwed down...

60PStandview1.gif

reeftankguy
Tagging along... why is it called cube garden ??

They are the brain child of Takashi Amano... They are made to create Planted Underwater Gardens...

Works of art I say!

Just google his name!

reeftankguy
Congrats!!Now get to work! :D

I plan on it dude!

Man the Book that came with this is a work of art within itself!

Sweet!!!

The only thing to keep in mind w/ the way you want to suspend your light is that you will see two bars in the back when looking through your tank. If that doesn't bug you, cool :) Might consider side mounting though if you don't want to see them through the tank.

Congrats!

reeftankguy
Sweet!!!

The only thing to keep in mind w/ the way you want to suspend your light is that you will see two bars in the back when looking through your tank. If that doesn't bug you, cool :) Might consider side mounting though if you don't want to see them through the tank.

Congrats!

Thanks! I like that idea... I'll throw up an rendering of that soon... Then I could actually put ball bearing slides

on it and slide it out of the way... Man I really like that idea!

What do you think of this setup?

60PStandview2.gif

Thanks! I like that idea... I'll throw up an rendering of that soon... Then I could actually put ball bearing slides

60PStandview2.gif

I like this set up better...... IMO. Plus after awhile the coraline will hide those bars unless you are going to scrape the back.

reeftankguy
I like this set up better...... IMO. Plus after awhile the coraline will hide those bars unless you are going to scrape the back.

Thats the craze with these tanks... All sides Crystal Clear to see through... So no coraline except on the rocks

Decided to go with a 48" tall all 2x4's Stand... Sort of like the one I built for my 45G...

StandFront.jpg

60PStandview2.gif

Better, but I would try to get away with one bar if possible. I know that might be difficult w/ the location of the fan, but maybe you could suspend the pendent a few inches below the bar w/ wire cable?

That or if you go w/ two bars use a small gauge of conduit so it isn't too bulky looking. Probably 1/2".

reeftankguy
Better, but I would try to get away with one bar if possible. I know that might be difficult w/ the location of the fan, but maybe you could suspend the pendent a few inches below the bar w/ wire cable?

That or if you go w/ two bars use a small gauge of conduit so it isn't too bulky looking. Probably 1/2".

I Can do one bar... Create a Saddle type mount for the fixture to sit in... Hmmmmmm... Thanks!

I Can do one bar... Create a Saddle type mount for the fixture to sit in... Hmmmmmm... Thanks!

No prob. I'm just tossing out suggestions on how to keep it simple and clean as possible, but ultimately it's your tank so do it how you'd like :)

reeftankguy
No prob. I'm just tossing out suggestions on how to keep it simple and clean as possible, but ultimately it's your tank so do it how you'd like :)

I'm all for Suggestions... I like the one arm better... Like you said Cleaner and simple... I'm working on the plans for the mount... Think I'll make it where it swings out of the way...Check it out...

SingleArmAssem1.gif

reeftankguy

Here is the stand I'm building this weekend... Supplies are 22 - 98" x 2 x 4's and screws... 48" tall...

ADA60-PandStand.gif

ADA60-PStand.gif

ADA60-PStandexplodedview.gif

reeftankguy
48" seems pretty tall for a tank stand? most seem to be 30-36

I like tall stands...The stand on my CAD 12G is 48" so thats why this one will be also... I'm 6'5" so its easy to work in... and easy to walk up to and view :D

Googled Takashi Amano... Made me wanting to build a FW tank...

My suggestion is go with the two arm, that way you can put the MP10 between the bars.

Archived