inTank Media Baskets

Micro porcelian crabs

Mr. Microscope

ohh those little guys are just amazing.. It's a shame that you dont ship to denmark x) haven't seen them anywhere else before..

johnmaloney

really? they sell them everywhere around here, porcelain crabs are pretty common.I have mangroves on the way to the Netherlands now to a guy who is going to be redistributing them, but we haven't sent him any inverts.

I am also starting to think these guys are sometimes just sold as "green porcelain crabs", even though there is a bigger species.

I have only seen bigger orange porcelain crabs. A danish fish store takes a trip to De Jong in the Netherlands later this month.. Maybe De Jong have some of these (:

I want to move to the US.. There is much better live stock opportunities in the US :'D

johnmaloney

haha! yeah but they make you work every waking hour here...i have heard you guys have a thing called "holiday" that is more than a week off of work. We have "holidays", which ironically are single days, not multiple ones like you guys...you usually have to go to be early so you can go to work the day after.

Yeah the "true" green porcelains are about the size of the more colorful ones, they are bigger. Hard to explain in size, but these guys are much shorter and less bulky.

Are Americans the only people in the world that speak one language?

Im a student so i have around 10 weeks of holiday (3 weeks of reading holidays and 7 weeks of summer holidays) + all the other vacations and holidays. chrismas, easter and so on

Okay, but then i'll try to find an orange porcelaincrab at my LFS.

Yeah, in Denmark we learn both german and english (:

johnmaloney

they have a holiday for reading!!!! i am moving there, you can have my spot here. Maybe I would speak two languages too if I had a reading holiday....probably not though. I took Spanish classes for 5 years and have nothing to show for it. I can read some, but that is about it.

Yeah.. 3 weeks reading for 4 exams :P I dont think that you'll get that much holiday. My parents and other grown ups with full-time-jobs only have 3 weeks of summer holiday :P

But ofcourse you can join me when i start at the upper secondary school next year (: Take some macro algea with you please, no1 here want to give me some cheato :/

johnmaloney

sure thing! sallie mae wouldn't find me over there. there intl office is probably on holiday... :)

no chaeto either? i should setup a store there...your dollars are worth like 50 of ours, or something like that.

johnmaloney

oh is germany the hub over there? i used to ship to germany pretty often, I was working with another guy at the time. Customs is looking easier and easier these days...we have been toying with it through another company that will do international services...it sounds official, but it is really just an old school freshwater fish farmer I am friends with that has experience/permits and contacts etc....I wish the shipping wasn't so high though...

yeah, its cheapest to get thing from Gernmany.

Yeah.. I get around 10 $ an hour so i cant afford to order stuff from other countries all the time.. I have already used around 650 $ for my pico so i haven't any money right now.. x) To be a cleaningboy sucks :(

johnmaloney

I have been there. I bussed tables through high school trying to pay for my guitar collecting habit. I would say guitar playing, but I think I did more collecting...:) I just gave up at some point with half of my layaway payments left to go. Don't worry it only gets worse. Wait until you save up to pay a bill. :)

Just want to let everyone know that John rocks the house. Without going into details, my crab shipment got wacked out by UPS. John took care of it immediately and sent me a new shipment of crabs the same day. Thanks John!

johnmaloney

I probably will do that, collect some "live" barnacles, in the sense the barnacles will be covered in plants and what not, but the barnacles probably won't be alive. Or just grow some stuff on the current barnacles...hmmm...it pays to keep the barnacles there to some extent so I can keep finding them....might just do it with the ones I buy....good thinking though...

thanks chrsssprngs. i will see you tomorrow actually, i never did get to finish my personal errands today and get back to the shop. I should be around about the same time as UPS. I plan on getting up pretty early tomorrow, diving and then seeing you afterward.

johnmaloney

oh okay, i will call you soon. yep just me, i was going to try to talk him into diving on one of our awesome reefs while we were down there but he chickened out.

Archived