inTank Media Baskets

The Nano Reef Special

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Cant be fun to have a small tank and have to pay to ship things all the time. No 3 fish at once for you, 2 corals? well maybe if they are frags....

So lets do something for you. Free Priority Mail shipping at ReefCleaners.org this week until Friday for all orders over $20. A CUC, some macro algae, maybe a Filter Feeder Formula and you should be good to go. Sale ends Thursday night 11:59 pm EST . Just ignore the $50 threshold and choose that option when checking out. Make sure not to order any items marked with a "*", those items need Express Mail and cannot be shipped with Priority Mail. Leave me a note that you came by way of nano-reef and I will add a free goody to the order. Will it be awesome? Probably not, but the price is right. :);)

Red Titan is out again? Oh geez! :P

wishes *one time let there be a sale and everything I want to be in stock* rofl

johnmaloney

it is still being cleaned unfortunately, but I will sell it for 50% if you are up for cleaning it. I will get the nuisance algae off, that leaves you with aragonite crystals, encrusting inverts and the like. Most of them are the small polycheate worms that make up worm rock it seems. You can brush them off, it is really tedious, but you can get it clean that way. will sub one of those, (I think I have 2), for a chaeto if you wanted to order it that way shyla.

geez red titan was available today..I refreshed the macro algae page and bam! no more red titan,no more red halymenia

I guess red macro algae are in high demand

johnmaloney
Buy the filter formula yo. Buy that #### like candy.

glad it worked for you. you can get it to last longer feeding it with a pipette instead of a turkey baster as it turns out. I thought it would take forever that way, but I tried it and it was pretty quick. Can probably reduce excess food by 50% or more.

I think I will do that John, doesn't seem too hard for one piece of macro but I could see it being a pain for you with a lot of them.

Yes devmasa, I saw it to then saw this sale and said ohh, went there and gone. Poof! :)

steviejitsu

*In Charles Barkely's Voice*

'tis a TERRIBLE idea...how's John supposed to make any MONEY off of this deal...'tis a terrible idea...

:)

if i get a few zoa (small $5 ones) is there a way to make sure i dont get the brown with orange center? i have plenty of those. any other color would work :)

order placed!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what i get for zoa! :)

right now i only have 3 different morphs, bright red center, green skirt with pale green center and brown with orange dot in the middle.

thanks again! what a deal! I will post my review on your vendor thread when i get them :)

Thanks again!

johnmaloney

Thanks! Make sure to read the long description on the zoas, these need high light and high flow to survive.

johnmaloney

nope, sorry. it is a decent amount per gallon for easier zoas, but to give you an idea I have a one foot by 3 foot strip of zoas on eggcrate 1 inch below the surface of the water under 270 watts of 10k and 50/50 power compacts. I was thinking of going to a 400watt metal halide to brighten them up more... :) They can take some light.

they are in a stock tank with 1500 gallons per hour turnover from pumps, (not powerheads) pointed at the strip...

you need like vortech type power directly pointed at these things. + incredibly high light and RIDICULOUSLY high iodine. to make florida zoanthids live. indo pac is MUCH easier to take care of. and light needs to rival 250mh at 6" to be about right. and even then they want more (this is from personal experience and about 1k of lost atlantic zoas....... =....../)

also btw if you do dose that much iodine everything EXCEPT the atlnatic zoas will look good. sooo they are best situated for a pure carib biotope. this is also why if you search the rc forums sale threads there just isnt a whole lot of CM(colin's) zoas around. they WILL melt under normal conditions. or eveyrthing you get from indo pac will look like crap from too much iodine

Archived