Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Animalmaster6's Photography Thread

animalmaster6

Orange Crush
Sorry Guys :(

Trying to upload pics but my card reader isn't cooperating. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Edit: YES!! It's fixed ;)

Got plenty of pics and videos to upload now. Also making another thread in the General Discussion about the Ne Aquarium. Tons and tons of pics and videos there too. Be sure to check it out.

Stay Tuned!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

Maine

I go to Maine every Summer. This is my first year with the Rebel T1i. Enjoy the pics! I thought they were the best I've ever taken.

I couldn't get this one to turn out the way I wanted it too.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS204-1.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS205.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS212.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS207.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS215.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS216.jpg

I like this one a lot.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS217.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS219.jpg

My cousin has a 51 Lincoln

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS213.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS239.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS239.jpg

We shoot off many rockets each year in Maine. I got a few rocket pics but mostly videos. Videos will be uploaded today.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS209-1.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS233-1.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS244-1.jpg

Best 2 Pics I've ever taken Imo!!

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS211-1.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS214-1.jpg

So tell me what you think!!

animalmaster6
Centerrrrrred

this pic makes me think i'm looking at a telephone pole

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS209-1.jpg

definitely learn the rule of thirds.

I know -_-

These pics were taken before OC told me about that. I'm definetly working on it.

I wish I had PS :P If that rocket was lighteryou would be able to see itL:P

Best 2 Pics I've ever taken Imo!!

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS211-1.jpg

I love this one! :wub: And the Into the Forest one is cool too :)

You really make me wish I had a good camera. It would give me even more an excuse to wonder the woods.

Hahaha same here :P

Deleted User 6

lol

I wish I had PS :P If that rocket was lighteryou would be able to see itL:P

PS can't make up for a bad pic in general. That pic was just bad, unfortunately.

animalmaster6
You really make me wish I had a good camera. It would give me even more an excuse to wonder the woods.

ABsolutely. Especially if you have a macro lens. I need one!

I love this one! :wub: And the Into the Forest one is cool too :)

Those are definetly my favorites.

lol

PS can't make up for a bad pic in general. That pic was just bad, unfortunately.

Okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice start for someone just learning good manual photography skills. Keep them coming. Some of those bugs creep me out .LOL.

I know what you mean when it comes to wanting the 100mm macro lense. I am looking for one of those as well.

animalmaster6
Very nice start for someone just learning good manual photography skills. Keep them coming. Some of those bugs creep me out .LOL.

I know what you mean when it comes to wanting the 100mm macro lense. I am looking for one of those as well.

Thanks!

lol. I love insects. And I believe that caterpillar is a new species.

I really want the 100mm. That or the Sigma 150mm

They're aren't very good beginners lenses so while you save up you can learn the ins and outs of photography to help you prepare.

animalmaster6

Thanks Vic.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can with my current setup before getting a macro lens or other more advanced lenses.

• 3 months later...

AM it has been a while since you posted any pics in your thread here... (I am guilty of it too in my own, lol), just curious if you have been out practicing or concentrating on your tank set up.

animalmaster6
AM it has been a while since you posted any pics in your thread here... (I am guilty of it too in my own, lol), just curious if you have been out practicing or concentrating on your tank set up.

Both!

I have tons of pics (they are actually pretty good) but are from Summer. I was thinking about uploading them this week (Thanksgiving break!!).

I need to figure out how to reset the upload size. I want it to be smaller, the normal size is too big for my liking of pics :)

Thanks for taking interest Neb, stay tuned...

animalmaster6

Frogs at the Lake

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS429-1.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS430.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS424.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS426.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS425.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS428.jpg

My Favorite Picture Ever Taken

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS427.jpg

Please comment and critique my photos! I'm always trying to improve.

The frog is definitely cute. Was that just a standard zoom lense you took it with?

Have you gotten your hands on a macro lense yet?

animalmaster6
Sweet shots@!!

I like your favorite.....

Thanks Pismo!!

I do too :happy: It turned out really well, I think I'm getting better at this hobby.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS427.jpg

good shot - link to a larger image?

Thanks D. I resized this pic to make it smaller. I don't like large pics. Let me resize it and make a copy of it bigger. Hold on a second.

Here's a resized pic REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS427-1.jpg

The frog is definitely cute. Was that just a standard zoom lense you took it with?

Have you gotten your hands on a macro lense yet?

Thanks Neb.

Yes it was the standard 18-55mm lens.

I really want to get the Canon 100mm Macro Lens but do not have the money at the moment. My uncle (does photography for a living and travels all around the world) has one and says next time I see him I can use it. I can't wait because small animals and insects are my all time favorite subjects to take pics of.

Deleted User 6

AM, for nature shots, that macro lens wouldn't be the best choice, imo. I have a tamron 70-300 w/ a macro feature that I got from Lani for like $50 or something. You can find them really cheap and they take great macros with plenty of working distance (i don't think a frog wants you too close).

I posted a couple frog shots that I took with that lens in my Maine thread.

Then again, I took this with a Sigma 150 macro:

884858915_SA4y5-L.jpg

If I were you, I'd get the sigma over the Canon - just as clear and more working distance.

In fact, that's just what I did.

animalmaster6

Thanks for the tips Dan!

So you recommend the Tamron 70-300 over the Sigma or the Canon macro lens? That lens is a lot less cheaper than the macro lenses and I would have to wait a long time to get the macro lenses. I have to hav e reef funds too :lol:

Is this what I want? http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-70-300mm-4-0-...2371&sr=8-1

Ebay probably has it cheaper but that is what I want right?

That is an incredible picture.

Deleted User 6

That one looks newer than mine actually. I have an old one. The Tamron isn't a macro lens - it's a telephoto lens. It has a macro feature, but it's not a true macro lens. Don't get it for a primary macro. I was just saying that when you're out and about shooting nature shots, the Tamron is pretty versatile since you can kick it into macro mode for a decent shot. I shot this with the Tamron:

1107723251_M5KzM-L.jpg

I would recommend the Sigma 150 over the Canon 100 for pure macro lenses. But understand that with macros, there's no zoom option. There's a small focus range, but outside that you have to move the actual camera closer/further from the subject.

FYI, I shot that bee with the Sigma 150.

animalmaster6

I think I'm going to read some reviews but I'm probably going to go with the Tamron. I like to shoot birds but I can't with the 18-55. Do you think this would be good at getting birds in trees (not the giant trees of course :lol:)?

I try to take macros with the 18-55 so I'm sure I will be able to manage getting macros with a 70-300. That is a nice picture, you might've sold me on the Tamron because of that lol.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived