Pod Your Reef

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an interesting idea regarding the black picasso, it is something I have also been working on. However, I haven't crossed species, just continued with some melanistic percs. As a biologist, I have turned into a real stickler regarding hybridization. I will be very interested to see what your fish look like.

On that note, do you have a source for WC Black Ocellaris, I would also be very interested to know that as well! I would love to get some more. Unfortunately though when I visited AUS a couple years ago I was informed that all collection of the B&W's had been banned, I may have been mislead though...

Congrats on the WW nest!

I am definitely honored that you came to visit my thread. I understand your distaste for hybridization. I am just trying to do something out of the box.

Re-reading my post, I sounded like an arse. I did not want to come off as "holier than thou" by any means. I really am interested in what the hybridized fish will look like. Fish are unique among vertebrates in the frequency with which they hybridize. My only concern is that if and when collection of wild fishes is completely banned will we no longer have genetically pure species in the hobby. That being said, so long as folks like you remain honest and fully disclose the lineage of your fish, I don't have a problem with it at all.

I thoroughly enjoy this thread and will be eager to see your WW's hatch!

Colby

I've read a lot of your posts. I definitely appreciate your opinion. I didn't take it as you coming off as arrogant. I followed a few threads on other sites that you started. nice to see people that you follow coming to visit your thread and following along.

If everybody did something the white bread way there would be no change. plus I wanted to get my name in the book as being the first of something

Well looks like we are on day 2 of the next ww nest.

I'll be collecting this one in tank because my fish decided to lay on he wall of he tank instead of in the pot

Damm ,dowg hope you pull this off ,I been all over the net no 1 has done it .I'm gonna start saving my money for a pair ;-) good luck man ..

How's the first hatch coming along??

Coming along well

This nest is bigger

Damm ,dowg hope you pull this off ,I been all over the net no 1 has done it .I'm gonna start saving my money for a pair ;-) good luck man ..

Thanks

yeah I looked for a while for another pair also but no one had any at all

They just started meta. Forgot to put a heater in the tank so it slowed them down. Going to have another hatch tonight or tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed

Well stayed up til 1am last night and collected a few babies. Tonight should be the main hatch out. Thank goodness I am off tomorrow.

It is so much easier pulling the pot and artificially aerate

well last nights collection did not go that well. the nice thing is momma is all big and fat already. i guess just another few days and we will have another go at it

• 1 month later...

Just sat in front of the ww/occ pair tank and pulled about 150 babies. This is the first time I have done this and been successful. I am very pleased with the results and might try this with other pairs

smitty_1280
Just sat in front of the ww/occ pair tank and pulled about 150 babies. This is the first time I have done this and been successful. I am very pleased with the results and might try this with other pairs

That is awesome. Good luck to you. B)

From the first batch I have 2 fish that have extra white.

One is getting a snowflake pattern and the other has a circle on the top of its head

Archived