Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

8.5 Gallon Do!Aqua

Zo0k365

Love the tank, I might try a similar setup, and everytime I look at your sig i wind up looking at it for like 10 mins :blink:

ph and you might have said this somewhere in your thread but where did you get a pair of jawfish?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FallenMonkey

First tank I've ever subscribed to, amazing. Did you put the pvp pipe through the rock or just put some rubble on top to give it that appearence?

Love this tank! I may snag your idea and do the mated pair as well since just downgraded but not sure as of yet!

Brooklyngal

beautiful!!

this is very similar to what I'm planning with my 29g, right down to the aquascape; a pillar with a smaller rock island next to it. Of course, the 29 will have three to four other small fish along with the pair of jaws.

First tank I've ever subscribed to, amazing. Did you put the pvp pipe through the rock or just put some rubble on top to give it that appearence?

awwww :blush:

haha I actually used water weld to cover the end of the pipe then smushed the rubble onto it like it is. It worked well. I would suggest it if you're thinking of doing something similar.

What lighting are you running?

& also ever thought of running a sump on this?

18" Current Nova extreme with the stock bulbs and a 50/50 12 watt ecoxotic panorama module

What is the green thing in the tank?? algae? coral? by the way this tank is ####ing awsome!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

BOW DOWN MORE

loljk It's a macro algae called codium or dead man's fingers.

Glad everyone likes the ideas and stuff! Will be adding more soon.

animalmaster6

Incredible tank man!!!

I love the way you set it up.

Oh and congrats on becoming an intern at the Woods Hole institute!!!!! I'm going there very soon in like the next week or two.

I want to get an internship or volunteer at the NEAQ or Mystic Aquarium.

Incredible tank man!!!

I love the way you set it up.

Oh and congrats on becoming an intern at the Woods Hole institute!!!!! I'm going there very soon in like the next week or two.

I want to get an internship or volunteer at the NEAQ or Mystic Aquarium.

Yeah you should really try if you want to go into that field. I gotta tell you it opened up a lot of doors for me. They offered me a paid position as the aquarist intern when I'm in college. Also thanks! The tank isd a money pit I tell you.

Yeah it sure is the field I want.

I would love to intern at the NE aquarium but I can't do a 6 month commitment -_-

Not to mention how hard it is to get one!! But try your best to get an internship at an aquarium or something of that sort because it does wonders and you can get a taste for what the field is all about.

Crackerballer
lamp tree...? Like the thing that is holding up my light? all DIY if that's what you're asking.

Yea the light mounting solution. Looks like a "lamp tree" design. Can you take some more pics and tell me how you DIY?

animalmaster6
Man would you love where I live then... I live in walking distance of the water where it's like a macro lover's paradise! I could get you like 100 pounds of codium for free!

Do you mind sharing where? I would love to get some free macros! :)

just got my pair from seascape.net as well

what do you fed these guys? so far they havent eaten in the past 3 days (mysis and brine) so hope they will once adjusted.

just got my pair from seascape.net as well

what do you fed these guys? so far they havent eaten in the past 3 days (mysis and brine) so hope they will once adjusted.

Mine started eating mysis the day after I got them. I also feed them finely chopped silver sides as like a treat when I have it and they love it. If you have a well established tank with no fish then they may be happy with the pods that are in there for a little while.

Archived