Pod Your Reef

8.5 Gallon Do!Aqua

Zo0k365

I think you got a nice setup here, but you should think of a way to suspend those lines coming to and fro the canister so they don't kink. It'll give you a little piece of mind if they're secured properly.

Haha already on it! I bought some industrial strength velcro today so I can velcro it where ever I want and still be able to remove it easily.

Also, for the ATO I have a normal plug-in type air pump that runs constantly and I have a little valve on the end of the hose that I can adjust accordingly to how much is being evaporated. I have it plumbed directly into the filter.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, for the ATO I have a normal plug-in type air pump that runs constantly and I have a little valve on the end of the hose that I can adjust accordingly to how much is being evaporated. I have it plumbed directly into the filter.

Your ATO air pump is not setup on a timer?

I'm using 2 Aqualifters (AM & PM 2-part in top off water) on timers for a few minutes a day with a valve to fine tune flow and it tops off pretty quickly, I couldn't imagine having them run 24/7.

Your ATO air pump is not setup on a timer?

I'm using 2 Aqualifters (AM & PM 2-part in top off water) on timers for a few minutes a day with a valve to fine tune flow and it tops off pretty quickly, I couldn't imagine having them run 24/7.

Haha I know it's extremely inefficient...

ParanoidObseshun

Wow, cant believe those zoas/palys turned from that brownish looking thing into what they are now! Rediculous! I looked around and couldn't find another zoa/paly that they looked like exactly. But the faces of yours closely resemble Billy Clubs. But the skirts on yours are longer and paler so im not sure.

Oh lol I know, I got them because they had potential (the green mouths) and were cheap. I figured they were looking so bad at first because they were under really low light conditions at the store. Thanks for looking around. I don't really care too much about the name though.

Nice clean looking tank. Love it!

How long did it take for the paly to change color ?? I actually have one that looks like that too, hope it'll change color like yours.

I would say it took a couple months.

Anyway I tried to take a vid of some really blue xenia i got. I'll it post later.

Lots of stress and 250 miles later the tank is in it's summer home.

IMGP0625.jpg

IMGP0602.jpg

And if you didn't notice, this is already doubled. Glad I have it on it's own island.

IMGP0623.jpg

Big changes are on their way soon now that the tank is settled in it's home away from home.

• 3 weeks later...

IMGP0953.jpg

Alright I haven't updated in a really long time.

Just kinda adding stuff as I go. Fish are finally coming soon but everything is doing really well.

IMGP0953.jpg

Alright I haven't updated in a really long time.

Just kinda adding stuff as I go. Fish are finally coming soon but everything is doing really well.

Wow zook.looks pretty amazing.Two thumbs way up

• 3 weeks later...

BEAUTIFUL tank! I love the Gorgonians! Do you have to feed them or anything? I was never sure how to take care of those. Jawfish[es] are cool too, those are so much fun! I had one but it jumped ship a month after I got it :(. Careful!

Looks great, i love the Jawfish i recently lost mine but they were awesome while they lasted, one jumped and other killed itself in a return pump. Did you get yours from Sealife btw?

Looks great, i love the Jawfish i recently lost mine but they were awesome while they lasted, one jumped and other killed itself in a return pump. Did you get yours from Sealife btw?

yep yep yep that's exactly where I got them. I have taken every measure possible to keep them from jumping. I got a glass top that you can't even see that covers the entire top and got a moonlight so they don't freak at night.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Awesome job man.I totally want to steal that frag of codium from you. The jawfish look really happy. Gl with them.

Man would you love where I live then... I live in walking distance of the water where it's like a macro lover's paradise! I could get you like 100 pounds of codium for free!

Archived