• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 03 Feb 2010

We now carry a great little acrylic pico aquarium called the IQ3 from DYMAX!

Posted ImagePosted Image

The description is as follows:
The Dymax IQ3 Acrylic Aquarium is a stunning, high-quality mini acrylic aquarium complete with lighting and integrated filtration. Constructed from ultra-clear and durable 1/4" acrylic, the IQ3 has no sharp edges, and is stronger and safer than glass. The filtration is hidden behind the built-in black acrylic false wall, and uses an overflow to keep the surface of the aquarium clear of oily buildup. The Bio-Sponge filter uses a diffusion plate to ensure even flow of water through the filter media; ensuring optimal performance. The compact return pump has great flow, and uses a small duck-bill nozzle to create a strong, yet gentle flow throughout the aquarium. The Dymax IQ3 comes complete with the Robot LED system - a slim, bright, and energy efficient dimmable fixture.

The build quality is great and we are pleased to see they constructed the aquarium from 1/4" acrylic making the IQ3 very sturdy. The back chamber can easily fit a small heater, as well as be converted to a refugium for those reefers out there who care to do so (we have tested the unit here). The LED light it comes with is capable of keeping plants, algaes, and some soft corals alive and growing. More of the ROBOT dimmable LED's can be added (up to 3 total) to the unit to increase light output for more light demanding organisms.

Check out the great price of these units by following the links below!!!
They can be found on our website by following THIS LINK!
The ROBOT LED lights can be purchased separately by following THIS LINK!

Edited by Big Al's Online, 14 May 2010 - 04:41 PM.

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $75!!!
excluding heavy weight items

Newest Products: Rossmont & JNS!!!

Thank you for shopping with Bigalsonline.com!

keeshond9

keeshond9

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 08 May 2003

We now carry a great little acrylic pico aquarium called the IQ3 from DYMAX!

Posted ImagePosted Image

The description is as follows:
The Dymax IQ3 Acrylic Aquarium is a stunning, high-quality mini acrylic aquarium complete with lighting and integrated filtration. Constructed from ultra-clear and durable 1/4" acrylic, the IQ3 has no sharp edges, and is stronger and safer than glass. The filtration is hidden behind the built-in black acrylic false wall, and uses an overflow to keep the surface of the aquarium clear of oily buildup. The Bio-Sponge filter uses a diffusion plate to ensure even flow of water through the filter media; ensuring optimal performance. The compact return pump has great flow, and uses a small duck-bill nozzle to create a strong, yet gentle flow throughout the aquarium. The Dymax IQ3 comes complete with the Robot LED system - a slim, bright, and energy efficient dimmable fixture.

The build quality is great and we are pleased to see they constructed the aquarium from 1/4" acrylic making the IQ3 very sturdy. The back chamber can easily fit a small heater, as well as be converted to a refugium for those reefers out there who care to do so (we have tested the unit here). The LED light it comes with is capable of keeping plants, algaes, and some soft corals alive and growing. More of the ROBOT dimmable LED's can be added (up to 3 total) to the unit to increase light output for more light demanding organisms.

Check out the great price of these units by following the links below!!!
They can be found on our website by following THIS LINK!
The ROBOT LED lights can be purchased separately by following THIS LINK!

Hi

What are the dimensions of the tank? And how many gallons? any details on the light?

thanks

Weetabix7

Weetabix7

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 18,419 posts
  • Joined 15 May 2006
  • Oak Ridge, TN
This looks seriously cool and like it has great potential, but I too am wondering about dimensions and how many gallons it is.
If you could add that info to the product description on your site it would be very helpful.
It would also be great if you could say how many blue and white LEDs are in the LED fixture and if they are 1w LEDs, etc.
Thanks very much for posting this, I foresee a lot of interest in it here on NR.

Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 03 Feb 2010
I believe it holds 1.6 gallons total volume.
The dimensions are 7" x 8" x 7"

As for the lighting, Dymax doesn't give the exact specs. The fixture has all cool white LEDs which I would compare to about 12K~14K by the looks of them. They are not high wattage, the whole fixture claims to run off less than 4 watts. However low the wattage is, it still seems to be capable of sustaining plants and low light corals. I would probably use 2 or 3 ROBOT LED fixtures if keeping any corals. Low light plants like anubias, crypts, java moss, java fern etc. will be fine under the single fixture the tank comes with.

Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 03 Feb 2010
I figured I may as well take a couple photos of the tank with 3 lights on it to show how they fit. I didn't plug them in since there is only a single outlet near the display model.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0417.jpg
  • IMG_0418.jpg

~LadyBug~

~LadyBug~

Life is a daily experiment...

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Joined 22 Jan 2009
  • Orlando, FL, USA
yay! i was looking all over for someone who was selling it to see what the price was :)
looks like a really nice little tank.

-Anna

{Serenity Cubed 2.0} Macro Algae Conservatory 

{Serenity Cubed} 7.5 Gallon Anemone and LPS Garden [retired]

"Time. There is much time left and lots of life seasons. There is much to see, to do, and to be."
-Adam Young

TJ_Burton

TJ_Burton

Nano Reef Veteran

• Members
  • 2,781 posts
  • Joined 16 Mar 2004
  • CANADIA
That's a pretty sick little tank. Looks like the whole tank including the false wall is 1/4" acrylic. I wonder what one of these would look like with one of Evil's PAR38 LED units over top of it ;)

Edited by TJ_Burton, 28 May 2010 - 09:32 AM.

:blush: stop flirtin' or I might cross the border.

TJ Burton
TJ's New Reef Adventure (2013/2014)
30Breeder Solaris Setup
NEWSIG40br.jpg

gabe_j

gabe_j

B.A.M.F.

• Members
  • 2,211 posts
  • Joined 22 Mar 2010
i've been looking for a small tank for my daughters room i think this would be PERFECT!! house a shrimp, and small goby or something it'd be great!
LED build
my 40 beater bishes
retired 60-F

Something smells fishy.

you called?

go rectal or go home ;)

Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 03 Feb 2010
We set one up here at the office to see what we could do with it. Of course we decided to do it planted, which most of you probably aren't interested in ;) but nonetheless I will post some photos of the outcome!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

BillyMays

BillyMays

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Joined 16 Jun 2010
  • Fort Wayne,IN
awesome! now throw some sulawesi shrimps in there :P and mail it to me :D

Reefotaku.com coming summer 2013

jhaber

jhaber

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 11 Jan 2010
  • sarasota ,FL

That's a pretty sick little tank. Looks like the whole tank including the false wall is 1/4" acrylic. I wonder what one of these would look like with one of Evil's PAR38 LED units over top of it ;)

I had stumbled upon this tank 2 weeks ago after looking to see if anyone has made any cool pico tanks lately. its definitely a cool design . I too thought to myself what that the par 38 light would look like over one of these. I think it would be a good candidate for it and will just have to find out after i get my hands on one of these little bad boys :)

WRH

WRH

Dymax IQ3 Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 05 Jan 2011
  • Burlington Ontario Canada
I've been thinking of upgrading my Dymax IQ3s lighting.

thinking of: Par30, Par38 or Evil66's 12.1 LED from nanocustoms.com

what does anyone think? I really like the look of Evil66's LED unit.

Edited by WRH, 06 January 2011 - 12:17 AM.

Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 03 Feb 2010

I've been thinking of upgrading my Dymax IQ3s lighting.

thinking of: Par30, Par38 or Evil66's 12.1 LED from nanocustoms.com

what does anyone think? I really like the look of Evil66's LED unit.

I think they would do very well. I would talk to Evil about which of the two would be more appropriate as we do not have experience with that specific product.

Let us know how it works out and post some pics!