My 20H

Trogdor447

Trogdor447

New FTS

IMG_0427.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/...47/IMG_0427.jpg

Tank Specs: 20H

Aquatic Life 2x 24w T5HO

Marineland Double Bright LED (not the reef one)

Koralia nano 425

Maxijet 1200

30 lbs Live rock

30 lbs Sand

Livestock:

Yellow Banded Maroon Clown

Yellow Watchman Goby

Pistol Shrimp

Red Firefish

Maxima Clam

CUC - Reefcleaners.. I dont know that you can count

Condi Anemone

Toxic Zoa 100+ polyps

Eagle Eye Zoa 60+ polyps

Green Star Polyps (a lot)

Blue Zoa 100+

Teal Zoa 20 and dying :(

Kenya Tree

Frogspawn

Green Mushroom

Red & Teal Candy Cane 3 heads

Param:

Salinity: 1.025

Calcium: ~390ppm

Ammonia: 0

Phosphate: 0

Day one after cycling with the small amount of live rock... /flame on for getting a nems early i made a mistake but hes still around.. Tank started ~ 3/15/10

0326102050.jpg

this is a different angle

0326102221.jpg

here is after i added more live rocks.. im poor so this came in segmants... Also added black background

0403102017.jpg

the second power head installed after the live rock add

0412102101.jpg

my LED light fixture with moonlight was added

0416101944.jpg

and as of yesterday with the new coral.. ill post another one here when i get all the coral uploaded

0509102214.jpg

GSP when shortly after i got the frag (started with 5 polyps)

0406101126-1.jpg

GSP 11-8-2010

gsp.jpg

my 'toxic' zoa when i brought it home ~ April 1 2010

0413101252-1.jpg

toxic zoa May 2010

toxic.jpg

Toxic Zoa 11-8-2010

toxic-1.jpg

Eagle Eye Frag purchased ~ may 5th 2010

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/...07101538b-1.jpg

10-29-10 Update

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/...e-eagleeyes.jpg

2-19-11 Update

eagle.jpg

Much has grown in less then a year

FINALLY able to replace and get a GOOD CAMERA! :) can show off what my blue colony truly looks like

bluecolony2.jpg

frogspawn.jpg

Arkayology

Ya, getting a nem that early is a bad idea. You said it is still alive and doing well?

How about some specs?

Trogdor447
What's up with the air line and all the bubbles in the powerheads?

the air line and bubbles was so i could see where my current was blowing around, the one on the left is much more powerful then the one on the right! :)

My nems is still alive and well!!! :) The clown is not hosted in him, instead the clown found the darkest cranny in the tank and dug the sand down to the glass and is living back there.. comes out for feeding time

Ill post specs when i return :)

Marine Land LED fixture + T8 Marine bulb 6500.. has 6 White LED's and 3 Moon Blues (420)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=...IwAQ#ps-sellers

I'd probably think about both getting a new light AND getting rid of that anemone then. T8's and low powered LED's will never cut it for that nem, let alone coral.

Plus the link that you gave clearly states

NOTE: These LED Lights are only for Fish Only marine tanks or Freshwater low light planted tanks (crypts, anubis, java fern etc). It could also be an excellent light for a refugium system, but is not intended as a reef lighting system.

That light won't even handle a high tech planted tank. You'd get more light from a $65 Nova Extreme T5 fixture and have better bulb options.

Arkayology

Your nem looks like a condy, which is not a natural host of clowns and most likely will not end up hosting the clown.

Trogdor447
I'd probably think about both getting a new light AND getting rid of that anemone then. T8's and low powered LED's will never cut it for that nem, let alone coral.

Plus the link that you gave clearly states

I understand the link said it wont, the Nem's has been perfectly content for the last almost 3 months, no signs of anything bad.. :) supposed to be a pink tip nems.. but that LFS dont know too much on there nems they are all in the same tank.. It does appear like a pink tip though..

My corals are thriving TBO.. my "Toxic Zoa" has 2 polyps in the last 2 weeks (started with 3).. of course GSP is getting rediculous new polyps... My pink Zoa isnt doin to awefully much.. just 1 polyp of that.. And the other one I have i just got last weekend, and its fully open.. i just got the "blue" colony and they are all open and look happy and healthy

Trogdor447

First off, so you can see my nems is doing fine! :) i feed him conentrated drops in the water plus hand feed him :)

0506101021-1.jpg

no clue what this one is

0501102111-1.jpg

mr clown... oh how big he has gotten

0410100839-1.jpg

and of course mr gobes and pistol... they are not a very camera friendly couple

gobyandpistol1.jpg

I understand the link said it wont, the Nem's has been perfectly content for the last almost 3 months, no signs of anything bad.. :)

I hear ya. I'm not trying to flame you or anything. But keep in mind that it is a really low level of light and you are on the edge of barely getting by.

I wish you the best of luck. That just might work out for you. I would say that if it's been 3 months you probably would have seen some bad signs by now if you were going to.

Trogdor447
I hear ya. I'm not trying to flame you or anything. But keep in mind that it is a really low level of light and you are on the edge of barely getting by.

I wish you the best of luck. That just might work out for you. I would say that if it's been 3 months you probably would have seen some bad signs by now if you were going to.

:) Well i appreciate everyones good luck wishes.. im highly experienced with Freshwater and this is my first salt water endevour. I am on a tight budget so im trying to do what i can to get by for now. I would sooner give the nems back to the LFS if he was looking unhealthy rather then seeing him destroy my tank :(.. One other thing to mention is that my freshwater has a Fluourescent bulb and it sits just above my salt water tank, so perhaps that is beeming some additional light down on it..

Edit : I just redid the rockscape a bit.. should be a little easier on the eyes now when looking at it

• 9 months later...

I have been rather embarrassed to post a pic with the GHA out of control.. but it is starting to settled down and become reasonable again.

My Nems (George) doesnt come out until shortly after lights on period.. this is a normal process for him he is still around and in the back

Archived