SaltCritters.com

Ecoxotic LED Club

VtheMaestro

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey chip, how many strips of each style can be used in that fixture? like say i wanted to use only panorama pros? or say just stunners? or both? what is the exact width to work with?

It was designed o house three Panoramic Pros, but I've got one PP + 2 stunners.

The width is 13".

Will two panoramas 50/50 work over a 20H?

My lfs has 3 for sale at $45 each and im thinking of getting one or two!

That's a good price. If what you meanis 20H is 20" deep, then I would say yes. They are much, much brighter than a Marineland fixture I purchased. You can call Ecoxotic and they can tell you more.

ill have to upload my pictures once my new panorama pro module comes. having some problems with the old module and the pro plugged into one power supply(even though ecoxotic said it would work). but ive got my jbj power compack striped down to just the four blue moon lights, then i added 2 5led fixtures(not sure if they were ecoxotic) and now ive got the pro 19w. pics will come soon.

If i wanted to get 2 panorama pro modules and 1 stunner strip for my biocube would that be enough to support sps corals and a clam?

What colors would you recommend?

ill have to upload my pictures once my new panorama pro module comes. having some problems with the old module and the pro plugged into one power supply(even though ecoxotic said it would work). but ive got my jbj power compack striped down to just the four blue moon lights, then i added 2 5led fixtures(not sure if they were ecoxotic) and now ive got the pro 19w. pics will come soon.

I thought I remember seeing that old power supplies will NOT work on the new units. They can't be mix and matched because one is constant amperage and the other is constant voltage. Pretty sure those aren't the right terms but hope you get the idea.

If i wanted to get 2 panorama pro modules and 1 stunner strip for my biocube would that be enough to support sps corals and a clam?

What colors would you recommend?

It will be more than plenty. I put one module over my 24g Nano Cube and it was too much. They are extremely powerful lights. I would go with 2 of the 12k/blue combo modules and a 453nm blue stunner. I would wait though for the new dimmers to come out so you can hook those up and dial the light back to begin with.

If you want more blue, you could get an all blue or the blue/magenta module. With the dimmers you can adjust the intensity of each module to your liking.

i have 2 panorama pros over my red sea max 130d and they seem to do the job. The display is 29 gallons and I have a few pieces of SPS growing. I am running 1 12k/453nm blue and 1 blue/magenta.

I've got four panorama pros in my 14 gallon Biocube. Two 12k/445's, one 445/Magenta and one straight 12k. I've also got a 453 stunner but you can't even tell when it is on. I will probably move the stunner to another tank. I know it is "a lot" of light but none all of my coral responded well though I had to move to chalices to shadier spots but both look good now. Three of the units are under the splash guard and one is under the feeding door. From back to front it goes 12k/445, 12k/445, 12k, Magenta.

This is a picture of the hood (splash guard removed and before the stunner):

_MG_0508.jpg

A FTS that I think represents the color well:

_MG_0673.jpg

All in all I am happy with the lighting. Great shimmer, good color (if not a touch too white though), and the confidence that I can keep the most light demanding corals and clams.

nice! is there a link online for a pictorial how to remove the PC housing and wires?

I don't have one, but the nanotuners instructions for the installation of their former LED upgrade had a step by step and pictures for removing the stock lighting.

Here is a pic of the inside of my hood. There is a stunner strip in between the 2 panoramas.

web.jpg

Mache62 , can you share how did you attached the panoramas to the canopy, planing to get one panorama and one stunner for my 12 nc dx to.

Thanks

I wish I had taken before and after pics! I just have 1 blue/white "old version" strip in my 12g nano. I just keep softies but most have more than tripled in size in 9 months. They are still brightly colored, so I guess all is going well :)

I will be upgrading in the next few months to a larger tank and hopefully getting some of the new "Pro" strips.

I wish I had taken before and after pics! I just have 1 blue/white "old version" strip in my 12g nano. I just keep softies but most have more than tripled in size in 9 months. They are still brightly colored, so I guess all is going well :)

I will be upgrading in the next few months to a larger tank and hopefully getting some of the new "Pro" strips.

So you have a 50/50 panorama? any pictures of what it looks like

ok, so i lost this forum and couldnt find it for a while. checked all over here and other reef forums im apart of, but now ive found it and am back.

so heres the guts of everything.

post-47852-1322941634_thumb.jpg

i made a bracket using aluminum for the 2 5led lights and mounted them to the sides of the canopy, post-47852-1322941644_thumb.jpg

and then made some makeshift screws to hold the ecoxotics in

post-47852-1322941654_thumb.jpgpost-47852-1322941658_thumb.jpg

and heres everything mounted.

post-47852-1322941663_thumb.jpg

so moonlights(im not sure why half of them dont work....)

post-47852-1322941677_thumb.jpg

then morning and evening

post-47852-1322941672_thumb.jpg

and then all on...mid day

post-47852-1322941668_thumb.jpg

post-47852-1322941629_thumb.jpg

post-47852-1322941639_thumb.jpg

post-47852-1322941649_thumb.jpg

FWIW, Here's my Ecoxotic fixture. It uses a Panoramic Pro 50/50 and 2 actinic Stunners. First the exploded view:

PanoramaProFixture03aExploded.265.jpg

Next, the design:

PanoramaProFixture03.230.jpg

PanoramaProFixture03.234.jpg

Finally the prototype:

FixturePainted01.png

It works great on my 3.5 gallon Pico. The color is superb and the corals seem to like it as well. There's only a need for one power supply, unless you want to simulate dawn/dusk.

This is freaking awesome, I want one !

• 4 months later...

Hope no one minds if I revive this! I'm waiting on a Panorama Pro Module and a RGB Module to arrive end of this week. I'm hoping it will be a good investment! :)

Archived